Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Feb 3, 2017 4:11 pm
Where is this meeting place, Grick? Erich says as he lazily moves the mote of fire from hand to hand, not deigning to look at Grick.
Feb 3, 2017 4:15 pm
"Meeting place in town, just outside the keep. I'm sure you saw it," Grick explains, "Right now, we're just following the trail, hoping to catch up before they get too far ahead of us."
Feb 3, 2017 4:37 pm
From his position, Bughu studies the man, trying to determine if he is hiding anything.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Feb 3, 2017 4:39 pm
It doesn't appear that the man is lying, but he does seem totally terrified.
Feb 3, 2017 5:21 pm
"What's your 'holy mission,' Grick?" Jon asks quietly.
Feb 3, 2017 5:51 pm
"I don't know the big picture, but I know that we're honoring Tiamat, the Dragon Queen."
Feb 3, 2017 5:58 pm
"So why'd you join them, then? Just for the looting opportunities?"
Feb 3, 2017 5:59 pm
"I want to be on the winning side. Dragons usually win!"
Feb 3, 2017 6:05 pm
Bughu says nothing, but listens. He remembers the words of Langdedrosa and wonders if Tiamat is the 'mystical woman' Erich translated.
Feb 3, 2017 6:10 pm
Jon smiles sadly. "Only the dragon enjoys the fruits of the dragon's victory, my friend." That was pretty good. I should write that one down, he thinks, thinking of the book of heroic aphorisms he plans to publish when he retires.
Feb 3, 2017 7:40 pm
Bughu mutters, "Find out where they were going."
Feb 3, 2017 7:53 pm
So now Grick. You've told us what you DID, now tell us what you were GOING TO DO. Where were you headed? And don't give me this line about catching up with the force. You clearly had a fall-back location you were to proceed to. Where is it? Erich says, letting the fire fizzle as he gets right into the man's face.
Feb 3, 2017 8:22 pm
Grick sobs hard for a few moments, then takes a deep breath, "There's a place about six or seven miles from here. Big plateau with a little valley underneath. That's where the main camp is."
Feb 3, 2017 11:26 pm
Since you missed meeting up with the rest of the group where are you supposed to go next?
OOC:
Whoops! Asked and answered. Sorry.
Last edited February 3, 2017 11:28 pm
Feb 3, 2017 11:31 pm
"Guard posts? Scouts?" Bughu suggests as other questions.
Feb 4, 2017 2:39 pm
"I'm not totally sure, this was my first raid and I've never been there before. That's the honest truth, I swear. There's supposed to be a rear guard, but I wasn't part of it obviously!"
Feb 4, 2017 3:07 pm
I want to be certain he's told us all he knows.

Rolls

Insight check - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Feb 4, 2017 3:19 pm
As far as Oridun can tell, the man has revealed all that he knows.
Feb 4, 2017 5:19 pm
I think you've told us all we want. Bughu? Let him go, leave him tied up, or kill him?
Feb 4, 2017 5:53 pm
"Rear guard," Bughu repeats, perking up a tad. He considers things for a moment, then shakes his head.

Bughu draws his scimitar and strides forward, directly to the cultist. "He is a prisoner of war," he states, almost monotone. "But we cannot take him with us." With steeled eyes, Bughu looks down at Grick from between the axe-wielding dwarf and fire-wielding half-elf interrogators.

Finally, he raises his blade and points to the northwest. "Go that way. You might find a town there willing to help you."
load next

Thread locked