Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Feb 7, 2017 6:05 pm
"The cultists have been amusing so far, so I've assisted them here and there, but they've now gone too far. They've stolen one of my eggs and I want it back," She hisses, eyes flashing dangerously, "I cannot rain death down upon them myself, as I'd incur the anger of the great lady Tiamat, so I'd like you to retrieve it for me. The eggs they have collected are being stored in a cave within the camp."
Feb 7, 2017 6:13 pm
Bughu narrows his eyes. "You are a shapeshifter," he declares. "Why do you not disguise yourself and get them on your own?" There must be something that this dragon isn't disclosing.
Feb 7, 2017 6:16 pm
Jon rocks on his heels, contemplating the strange turn this has taken. "Lady dragon, my every inclination is to help a mother reunite with her missing child -- even if it has not hatched as yet -- but there are mothers and children in Greenest as well. Toys they may be to you, but a broken toy is still a tragedy to the one who loves it. If we retrieve your egg for you, will you treat the people of this land with mercy, and raise your young to do the same?"
Feb 7, 2017 6:17 pm
"I would, but I have only one humanoid form," she says grudgingly, "I can't yet shift to any form that I desire."
Feb 7, 2017 6:18 pm
"I don't believe you're in a position to negotiate, little one," She growls, and the air around her starts to crackle with electricity.
Feb 7, 2017 6:24 pm
Jon swallows hard, "It's...not a negotiation, lady dragon. I know you could eat me, quick as a meat pasty, if you liked. It's a...request."
Feb 7, 2017 6:43 pm
Lennithon nods, "If you can complete my request, I will consider yours. Though nothing will hold my breath back if I receive an order from the Queen."
Feb 7, 2017 8:02 pm
What do these vile cultists want with your egg?
Feb 7, 2017 8:15 pm
"Soldiers," she says quietly, and for the first time, you see sadness flash across her face, but it's gone quickly.
Feb 7, 2017 9:54 pm
Dragon soldiers? I look around uneasily at my comrades. Is yours the only egg they've taken?

Insight check to see if she's on the level.

Rolls

Insight check - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Feb 7, 2017 9:57 pm
As far as Oridun can tell, she's never lied in her life.

"No, they have a whole hatchery in there," she says with distaste, spitting on the ground.
Feb 7, 2017 10:00 pm
"I doubt that they will stay too long in this location, too dangerous, and they have work to do elsewhere. They can't move the hatchery though, too dangerous for the health off all of those eggs," she states, "Get in, do what you came to do, and then come back once they've moved on."
Feb 7, 2017 10:04 pm
Perhaps it would be better to wait until they leave then, so we'll encounter less resistance getting to the hatchery. How many eggs do they have? And what is their work elsewhere? What can you tell us about the layout of the camp.
Feb 7, 2017 10:10 pm
"What is your task now?" she asks, "Perhaps I can help to keep you long enough to serve me better."
Feb 7, 2017 10:16 pm
We mean to discover why these raiders attacked Greenest. As far as being kept, you are a creature of great power, and would likely be the end of me, but a Stonefeet is kept by no one, be they dwarf, goblin or dragon! Now if you wish our help to recover your bairn, that seems well in line with what we're here for. But I am no one's slave. I brandish my axe.
Feb 7, 2017 10:23 pm
"How would we know your egg from the others?" Jon wonders aloud.
Feb 7, 2017 10:26 pm
Lennithon glares at Oridun for a moment before chuckling, "Ah, it's been a long time since I've spoken to a dwarf, I'd almost forgotten how stubborn and resistant your folk can be," she smiles, then continues in a dangerous tone, "Just don't push your luck too far."
OOC:
I'll continue this little chat probably tomorrow, as it's almost time to head home to the kids and wife!
Feb 7, 2017 10:28 pm
OOC:
Have a good evening sir.
Feb 7, 2017 10:34 pm
"We're also looking for a monk," mutters Bughu, more for the benefit of the party as a reminder of what their tasks include. His crossbow never wavers.
Feb 8, 2017 12:12 am
She bends down and extends a claw, "Gather round," she says as she sketches a map in the dirt. "The kobolds are in the lower area, including a small guard tower by the entrance. As it slopes up, the camp becomes mostly human, not to mention the guard post they have on a small rise in the plateau."

She waits for you to commit this to memory before continuing, "The prisoners are kept on the south side, just around the curve in the southern wall, but there is another prisoner all alone on the higher level, that may be your monk. At the back of the camp, the large tent belongs to Azbara Jos, the wizard, Frulam Mondath, the priest, and Rezmir, the half-dragon. Beware of them. At the very back is the hatchery."
OOC:
Map
Level 1 = Kobolds
Level 2 = Humans
Level 3 = Top of plateau

1 = Prisoners
2 = Rezmir, Azbara Jos, and Frulam Mondath's tent tent
3 = Special prisoner
4 = The hatchery
load next

Thread locked