Hajimemashite, and Hello to All!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Nov 17, 2016 10:03 pm
I'm almost surprised he doesn't already do PbP. After all, this is the highest art form known to man, and what could possibly be greater than enshrining that art into a written format?? Gotta get out that sweet sweet L5R carrot to entice him over here! But for real, getting into an L5R game with Jim would be fantastic. His love for the game is as much a reason to play it as anything else. It's always awesome to play with someone that dedicated and invested in a game. Though if there was a chance to do so, I might have to fight an iaijutsu duel with someone for the honor, since it seems we have some other L5R fans here :D
Nov 17, 2016 10:13 pm
I played a game of L5R at GenCon this last summer, but due to the nature of it, I can't say I got a feel for it or enjoyed it.
Nov 17, 2016 10:45 pm
Interesting. Yeah, from a lowly outsider's perspective (I've never actually been to GenCon, so my opinion is probably worth less than the ink it'd take to print my words) it doesn't come across as a game that's particularly well suited to being run at a convention. Maybe you'll get the chance to try again sometime and enjoy it more, but if not I'm sure you have plenty of other games and systems that you love that can fill the empty void left in your heart by that mediocre L5R experience. ^__^
Nov 19, 2016 11:05 pm
Welcome! Depending upon where you fall on the political spectrum, Godsfall is a great actual play pod; so is Sneak Attack, another 5e D&D actual play. She's a Super Geek is similar to One Shot, and frequently stars Jim McClure, who is certainly a beautiful human being.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.