Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
Mar 20, 2017 11:05 pm
It takes a few knocks, but eventually Nundro comes to the door and lets you in after confirming who you are. "How'd ye do out there?"
Mar 21, 2017 4:52 am
"Our man Kama here ran through a pack of zombies, through flaming oil, and split a floating skull bathed in green flame in twain. Never seen anything like it!"

"Oh, and we got rid of the zombies, too. We could use a breather before pressing on -- mind if we join you?"
Mar 21, 2017 6:50 pm
"Bah, stupid question. Ye saved me life, least I can do is let ye sleep on me floor!" he says with a chuckle.
Mar 21, 2017 7:21 pm
"Hey," Kama begins, addressing Nundro, "are you able to tell what time it is down here? I mean, if you can. I admit, you and your brother were the first dwarves I had ever met, so I'm sorry if that's a bit insensitive."
Mar 22, 2017 6:51 pm
Nundra laughs, "I wish! I can tell time pretty good down here, but not when I'm sleeping!"
Mar 22, 2017 7:11 pm
"Now's as good a time as any, I guess," says Kama, loosening his pack. "Thanks."

As he looks for available space, Kama suggests, "We should still keep watch. A locked door can still be busted down, and the undead don't need to sleep. How's about you all get some rest; I'll stay up for a bit."
OOC:
I'm partial to a long rest. I'd like to regain my limited spells and my abilities.
Mar 22, 2017 7:20 pm
*snore*
OOC:
wand at 5/7
Last edited March 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Rolls

Wand recharge - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Mar 22, 2017 8:55 pm
"I'll take the second shift. Wake me when it is time." I lean against a wall and close my eyes.
Mar 22, 2017 8:56 pm
The 'night' passes smoothly.
Mar 22, 2017 9:39 pm
Kama prepares his equipment, fastening his chain mail and securing his weapons. "Should we double-check the rooms we already visited? Don't know if the undead decided to wander while we slept."
Mar 23, 2017 6:02 am
[b]"Good idea. Back track to the big room with the pillars and staute?"
Mar 23, 2017 4:25 pm
Kama nods, ready to move out. "Nundro, you staying here?" he asks before leaving.
Mar 23, 2017 6:54 pm
The dwarf still looks weak. Better than before, but still not 100%, "Yeah, I'll wait here for now. Finally startin' ta feel like meself again."
Mar 23, 2017 7:27 pm
While resting, Stormsong spends some time focusing on that staff the elf had.

He wants to know it's secrets.
Mar 23, 2017 7:33 pm
After some time, Stormsong unravels the secrets of the staff.
Quote:
SPIDER STAFF
The top of this black, adamantine staff is shaped like a spider. The staff weighs 6 pounds. You must be attuned to the staff to gain its benefits and cast its spells. The staff can be wielded as a quarterstaff. It deals Id6 extra poison damage on a hit when used to make a weapon attack.

The staff has 10 charges, which are used to fuel the spells within it. With the staff in hand, you can use your action to cast one of the following spells from the staff if the spell is on your class's spell list: spider climb (1 charge) or web (2 charges, spell save DC 15). No components are required.

The staff regains Id6 + 4 expended charges each day at dusk. If you expend the staff's last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the staff crumbles to dust and is destroyed.
Mar 24, 2017 11:58 pm
" I think I would make an odd looking spider. Perhaps spider climb mixes well with stealth… " he reaches the staff out to Xora, and explains its properties to her.
Last edited March 24, 2017 11:59 pm
Mar 25, 2017 12:01 am
"Xora, maybe you should lead the way this time," suggests Kama. "You're pretty light on your feet, right? Figure that's better for seeing what's out there before it sees us."

Under his breath, Kama mutters, "Plus you know your way around better."
Mar 26, 2017 2:46 am
OOC:
We've been everywhere but 9 on the map, but Gimblyn saw some baddies in there. I'd vote for forging ahead rather than backtracking.
"Let's take the northern tunnel from the gorge. The one looking like a natural tunnel. May need cleaning up."
Mar 26, 2017 3:09 am
"Very well, I'll take the lead." I take the staff from Stormstrong and nod in thanks. One should never dive into battle without knowing your weapon as well as one of your own limbs. I'll have to practice with it later, when we have some time to ourselves.

I quietly step forward and head in the direction indicated, keeping an eye out for any sights or sounds that spell trouble.
OOC:
P.S. I can't actually use it to cast spells, but I can take it to use as a weapon of no one else wants it...
Last edited March 26, 2017 3:16 am

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Perception - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.