Hi

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 16, 2016 5:28 pm
I've never played a PbP. Just stared tabletop a year ago with my kids, GMing the Stars Wars FFG beginner sets. What a blast! Been playing designer boards for years, but never thought RPGs would be awesome. Can't wait to start a game as a PC (haven't been one yet). And maybe GM a game.
Last edited December 16, 2016 5:29 pm
Dec 16, 2016 5:30 pm
Welcome! Very glad to have you :)

Feel free to check out the New Player Guide for a quick rundown of how to use the site
Dec 16, 2016 5:33 pm
Welcome!
Welcome Locutus! Play-by-post should give you a unique take on RPGs. It definitely allows for more time to think about actions, characters, etc, which leads to much richer RP than you'll find on most tables.

Any systems you're keen on trying? Or wanna stick to SWFFG?
Welcome, Locutus! Glad you've got the bug. It's catching enough that the CDC should be concerned.
Dec 16, 2016 5:36 pm
Also, Locutus (of Borg) did you know there is a Star Trek RPG that currently just started beta testing a few days ago? Modiphius Entertainment, who sponsored an anniversary prize, is running it, and their approach looks pretty good.
Dec 16, 2016 6:07 pm
Welcome!
Dec 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Hi and welcome ;)
Dec 17, 2016 1:38 am
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

For Keleth's question about playing other RPGs: I'm game. My first exposure of RPGs was back in the early 80's. Played a single session of D&D. Was into sci-fi at the time and bought a copy of Star Frontiers. Read it, but never played it. Bummer. I have fond memories of that book. That's it for my tabletop experience until a year ago.
Last edited December 17, 2016 1:39 am
Dec 17, 2016 1:44 am
Welcome! Happy gaming! :-)
Dec 17, 2016 3:24 am
Welcome! I'm pretty sure you can find whatever kind of game you want to play on here. Check out the Games Tavern and pitch a game you'd like to be a part of. At the very least there are lots of people on the site running Star Wars. I'm sure you can spend some time on the other side of the screen.
Dec 17, 2016 12:24 pm
Welcome! Awesome name.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.