Gamers' Plane Updated!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 16, 2017 6:22 am
I've installed all the new code I planned to for this downtime. We're now running on the latest versions of Apache, PHP, and Mongo, along with some other efficiency tweaking along the way. Thanks to everyone who helped test the upgrades on the test site (which I'm taking down now... it costs just as much as the live server does, heh).

I feel like I did a through job of testing this one, but please let me know if you find any problems! Hopefully everything I can fix up pretty quick. If we find something MAJOR that is show stopping, I have a backup of the server I can bring up and we'll go back to the test site.
Jan 16, 2017 6:31 am
Just having a poke round now, have made a couple of posts and rolls and all looking good so far!
Jan 16, 2017 6:35 am
Thank you for a great job as always, Keleth! Yup, will be on the lookout for anything wonky.
Jan 16, 2017 6:35 am
Thank you for all your hard work! Is there a place where we could donate to this fantastic website?
Jan 16, 2017 6:53 am
Nabbicus says:
Thank you for all your hard work! Is there a place where we could donate to this fantastic website?
If you want to support GP, there are a few things you can do!

1) Let people know about Gamers' Plane! If you have friends who want to game more, or want a place to store info/characters for live games, let them know about GP! If you're on any social media sites where people are talking about RPGs and someone needs more RPG in their lives, send them along.
2) I have a list of positions if you feel like you want to donate some time.
3) If you want to support GP fiscally, there are a number of links at the bottom right of every page, including 3 referral links (Amazon, linking directly to Amazon Smile, so you can support a charity and me at the same time, DriveThruRPG, but from which you can go to any DriveThru site, and Easy Roller Dice Co, my favorite dice producer!) as well as a link to a PayPal donations page.
Jan 16, 2017 4:31 pm
I'm having an issue in my Pathfinder game. When I, as GM, try to view player character sheets, I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/m7uEpaF.png

It also does this to my avatar in the corner, but only when in the Pathfinder sheet. When I go to anything else after that, it's fine.

http://i.imgur.com/Z5gnoL3.png
Jan 16, 2017 8:05 pm
Keleth says:

3) If you want to support GP fiscally, there are a number of links at the bottom right of every page, including 3 referral links (Amazon, linking directly to Amazon Smile, so you can support a charity and me at the same time, DriveThruRPG, but from which you can go to any DriveThru site, and Easy Roller Dice Co, my favorite dice producer!) as well as a link to a PayPal donations page.
The Amazon link isn't working.
Jan 16, 2017 8:10 pm
njohn858 says:
Keleth says:

The only one that works for me on the bottom of the page is the Support Us / PayPal button - the Amazon, DTRPG, and Easy Roller Dice Co links are all not working for me
Jan 16, 2017 8:28 pm
mcneils5 says:
njohn858 says:
Keleth says:

The only one that works for me on the bottom of the page is the Support Us / PayPal button - the Amazon, DTRPG, and Easy Roller Dice Co links are all not working for me
Heh, I checked every page in the upgrade except for the referral links :p It's fixed now.
Jan 16, 2017 10:41 pm
Some nice work there, Keleth!! Forum loads and such seem to be quite a bit zippier than before.
Jan 16, 2017 11:10 pm
szemely says:
Some nice work there, Keleth!! Forum loads and such seem to be quite a bit zippier than before.
Huzzah! Hopefully that's true and not just perception biased by the word "upgrade"!
Jan 17, 2017 12:10 am
Keleth says:
szemely says:
Huzzah! Hopefully that's true and not just perception biased by the word "upgrade"!
Nope, definitely faster :-)
Jan 17, 2017 12:58 am
Indeed seems faster! "What world is this? What wonderful world!"
Jan 17, 2017 1:43 am
I used to get kicked out every time I checked my messages, but that seems to be fixed! Thanks Keleth - as always!
I just wanted to say that I used to be a writer/artist. I used to make up worlds just for the heck of it and try to write books, but I was never very good at coming up with a plot. Eventually I found D&D and thought I had died and gone to heaven, but then I didn't have any friends to play with that were near me and no time to play on a video call with my friends far away. Then I found Gamer's Plane. After being on it for a bit I went inactive due to family issues that threw my life in the blender > washing machine > garbage disposal, but then I got back on the site and have been loving it so much ever since. I had a friend recently that I told about D&D tell me that "RPGs take the best of reading and writing and throw out the downsides". I agree with her, but it wouldn't be the same without Gamer's Plane. Thank you so much, everyone! #DreamComeTru
Last edited January 17, 2017 1:48 am
Jan 18, 2017 11:30 pm
I wanna cosign what CouchLord just said, GP has basically given me the space to run the kind of D&D campaign I always wanted to but couldn't because of time/logistics/life/etc. I love this site and I plug it any time I run into RPGers online or wherever.
Feb 19, 2017 11:18 pm
When you hit ooc, the cursor starts in the second brackets. Makes it hard on mobile devices to use.
Feb 19, 2017 11:41 pm
lunitar says:
When you hit ooc, the cursor starts in the second brackets. Makes it hard on mobile devices to use.
Strange. Mine starts between the two sets or brackets, so it's fine on my mobile.
Feb 19, 2017 11:42 pm
Odd. It happens on my iPad and iPhone, but not my pic.
Feb 20, 2017 12:21 am
It starts in between on my newer Samsung but starts outside on my dinosaurAlcatel. Dunno...might be the Android version?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.