Hello!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 26, 2017 5:28 pm
Hello,

I realized too late after poking around and looking for games to join that I had not introduced myself yet, I'm just too overeager I suppose.

I have been playing tabletop RPGs since 2006 and was first introduced to the hobby through the Star Wars revised edition game. I fell in love immediately and never looked back. I went on to play D&D 3.5, 4th, 5e, World of Darkness, Shadowrun, Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, World of Warcraft, everything. If you could throw dice at it, I probably played it.

In 2008 I began Dm'ing for the first time. I ran a Vampire the Masquerade game that was more than a little silly, not mention poorly paced, but my players enjoyed it and so I enjoyed it. As I moved away I found less people who played D&D so I introduced them to it. Obviously this put my in the DM's seat and I've been firmly there ever since. I love Dm'ing and creating worlds but sometimes I just want to play. That is the reason that I joined this forum.

I look forward to speaking with all of you on this wonderful website.

Have a great day!

-PHD
Jan 26, 2017 5:41 pm
Welcome!
Jan 26, 2017 5:45 pm
Welcome!
Jan 26, 2017 8:36 pm
Good to have you here! :-)
Jan 26, 2017 8:47 pm
Welcome! So as a DM craving to be a player, you probably had a character in mind. I'd love to hear what you're dying to play!

For me it was a 5th edition human Paladin with the inspired leader feat. I wanted him to be an grizled old man full of stories and regrets but now well past his prime both physically and psychologically. Every time he levels, I was going to roleplay it as rediscovering his faith in his God and his body getting back into shape.
Last edited January 26, 2017 8:47 pm
Jan 27, 2017 1:09 am
Welcome!
Jan 27, 2017 3:37 pm
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, it's much appreciated.

@woundedknight First off, that's an excellent RP character! Secondly, I've honestly not even thought about it. I've been so busy running my current game, writing one shots to introduce my newer players to other systems, and making my own D&D world I've not even considered what I would want to play.

As I was writing the above response I was inspired to make a Lightfoot Halfling Wild Sorcerer. He worked in his family's tavern when he was young and as he went through puberty he found that whenever he would suggest that customers buy something they would. Eventually he had a run in with a bandit who tried to rob his parents and he accidentally blasted the bandit with a burst of fire from his hands.

I think he would start adventuring to try to control his powers and find a grander purpose since he's no longer going to be happy just running the family bar when he has the ability to do something important.
Jan 27, 2017 3:56 pm
Howdy! Welcome to Gamersplane!
Jan 27, 2017 3:59 pm
Happy to have you here to join in the fun.
Jan 28, 2017 1:37 am
Welcome Bigol! I hope you find all kinds of good adventures!
Jan 28, 2017 2:36 am
Welcome!
Jan 28, 2017 5:14 am
Welcome to GP!
Jan 28, 2017 6:07 am
Hey BigolPHD! PbP has great opportunities for really immersive GMing, and I'm always planning out new features to help make GM's organization easier, so you can focus on what counts: the world. Hope you have a great time here!
Feb 22, 2017 6:40 pm
Hello and welcome.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.