Metagamers Anonymous

load previous
May 15, 2015 12:32 pm
And sorry for the missunderstandings. I am running the game with very little prepration and apart from the module sheet largely off the top of my head as I am working full time and have a family. I have a little more free time on the weekends.
Sorry I don't always have the book with me or the time to check for all eventualities.
May 15, 2015 3:26 pm
It's okay. We are all human and make mistakes after all. ;)

Like I said, I should have probably explained myself better to begin with, so part of the blame rests on me...
May 15, 2015 3:30 pm
It's all good, Chocokiko! In my book it's a great GM who will admit to a mistake :-)

Kalajel, I didn't mean to argue. I did see your point when you elaborated. I am glad you guys are around to help Chocokiko run things smoothly :-)

Now forgive me, but 1i'm still mot sure I understand combat rules correctly:
Veldebrand attacks with Firebeam (CTN 15 + 2 (Large opponent) = 17) and succeeds by rolling 16. Now the golem is entitled to a Defense roll. I thought the GM would do the Defense roll, but I see that it's up to Dextolen to do that. Okay, how does he know that Golem Defense is 13?

If Grapthor was the one attacking something where in the player's book do I find its defense?
Last edited May 15, 2015 3:33 pm
May 15, 2015 3:45 pm
The monsters are on pp.102-125 of the DS4 rulebook. I'm not sure if it was up to Dex to roll the golem's DEF thought; he might have just did it out of reflexes because that's how he did it in his pbp game on the dungeonslayers forum in order to speed things up (he would give us the DEF scores of the monsters so we would not have to wait for him to roll them each time). Perhaps chocokiko will still insist on rolling his monsters' DEF himself...
May 15, 2015 3:47 pm
I suppose we could make the DEF rolls without explicitly knowing the target number, which would remove some of the player knowledge.
May 15, 2015 3:57 pm
I think those old 3rd edition D2Go's need to be revamped for 4E DS or moved to the 3rd edition area. It's not really an error on a GM's part to play an adventure as written.
May 15, 2015 4:00 pm
@Grendelthebrave: That would be a good compromise. Until we meet monsters with a DEF score above 20 which will require 2 rolls...

@Dex: I did started updating those to 4th edition. I was tempted to post them on the DS forum when I'm finished...

Also, we need a multi-quote option on this forum...
May 15, 2015 6:22 pm
Thanks for all the help and the good vibes. I don't mind if you roll the defenses to speed things up. I like that idea. I just didn't see the opportunity to give the defense score yet :-)
May 15, 2015 6:33 pm
Grapthor didn't get a move in the 1st round?
May 15, 2015 6:44 pm
Can Farandor get into this round?
May 15, 2015 6:53 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Grapthor didn't get a move in the 1st round?
Oops, looks like we jumped over you. I guess you can make your action now as if you have delayed.
May 15, 2015 6:57 pm
How many hp did Barekeln heal me for? Was it 10?
May 15, 2015 8:50 pm
I'm going to be away until Sunday, if Farandor comes up, feel free to have him chuck his second last spear, then switch to melee. Choko feel free to roll for him. Otherwise he'll follow Rollo around.
May 16, 2015 3:42 am
chocokiko says:
I just didn't see the opportunity to give the defense score yet :-)
Sorry, 3 years of GMing DS and never playing, I'll do better
Last edited May 16, 2015 3:43 am
May 18, 2015 5:41 am
I'm back, and Ouch Grapthor!
May 18, 2015 10:15 am
Err...Grapthor sidestepped when he attacked because he's maneuvering his way to attack from the golem's back next. So was to the side when the golem attacked, not in front of it. But it's a trivial point :-) Marked 5pts damage. I'm now down to 10hp. I'm glad Berekeln is close by :-D
May 18, 2015 3:01 pm
And sorry guys, if I had a lock pick I could have a try at the door, though only with a 40% chance. My guess is our casters would have just as good a shot at it with their MND values.
May 18, 2015 3:02 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Err...Grapthor sidestepped when he attacked because he's maneuvering his way to attack from the golem's back next. So was to the side when the golem attacked, not in front of it. But it's a trivial point :-) Marked 5pts damage. I'm now down to 10hp. I'm glad Berekeln is close by :-D
Eh, don't tell me about it; I'm suddenly reminded of my 1st character in a pbp game where the healer was slacking off, attacking instead of healing people... Poor Esteber... XD
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.