Metagamers Anonymous

load previous
May 18, 2015 3:17 pm
We had a healer one time who's first (and only) spell was the bestow defense spell. Some of the other players wanted to kill him. :)
May 18, 2015 3:26 pm
Bestow Defense? Really? XD
May 18, 2015 4:17 pm
I can't blame him for being bored with only 1 spell. It's one of the driving factors behind me giving PCs 2 spells at character creation. It was a crowd pleaser at cons when I demo'd DS, too.
May 18, 2015 6:37 pm
You will have more very soon...
May 18, 2015 7:06 pm
Dextolen says:
I can't blame him for being bored with only 1 spell. It's one of the driving factors behind me giving PCs 2 spells at character creation. It was a crowd pleaser at cons when I demo'd DS, too.
Yeah, definitely a house rule I intend to ste... erm I mean borrow for my own games. :P
May 19, 2015 6:19 am
Oldschool GMing is HARD!!!

I like helping and I want to give you hints sooooo hard...

MUST...
KEEP...
MOUTH...
SHUT...

Arrrrrgh!

:-D
May 19, 2015 6:26 am
By the way... The brawny guys don't have to play dumb if they don't like to. Of course that is a player choice but to me the fighters can have clever ideas. To me a low mind stat doesn't mean stupid. To me it is more about not being academic and educated.
Grapthor and Rollo might have the best ideas but they won't be able to put them in fancy words. Maybe they are practical minded :-)
However its just an idea and of course they are you characters and you play them as stupid as you like to...
I just want to say I'll never tell you you're too stupid to have such and such idea.

Do you know the podcast "Critical Hit"? I love it :-) Anyways they have an half orc with Int as dump stat who regularly has the best ideas and even philosophical revelations but it is always hilarious how the player puts those ideas in the words of an uneducated "stupid" brute :-)
May 19, 2015 8:50 am
I'm not relying on the stats for RP as much as the personality I've created for Grapthor. He can have clever ideas when he puts his mind to it but when he's hungry and cranky and pumped with adrenaline after slugging it out with a golem he's going to want to just smash things hahaha!
May 19, 2015 9:06 am
This wasn't meant as criticism, I just wanted to put the idea explicitly out there :-)
May 19, 2015 11:39 am
I'm almost tempted to shout "Farandor, what do you see? Please tell us, don't be a troll!" Imagine the party's surprise when a naked troll does end up opening the door for us just as Dex's character was originally fearing. XD :P
May 19, 2015 12:31 pm
chocokiko says:
This wasn't meant as criticism, I just wanted to put the idea explicitly out there :-)
I didn't think you were criticizing :-) I just thought I'd share a bit of Grapthor's personality hehe!
kalajel says:
I'm almost tempted to shout "Farandor, what do you see? Please tell us, don't be a troll!" Imagine the party's surprise when a naked troll does end up opening the door for us just as Dex's character was originally fearing. XD :P
LOL! That would be hilarious!
May 19, 2015 2:18 pm
Quick question as I post, if Farandor changes himself to a paper thin form of himself, and when beyond the door, he wants to 'stand up' while imagining himself as his normal elf form, does that require the MND+INT check to concentrate into, or is the check only for more extreme forms?
May 19, 2015 2:30 pm
Farandor really isn't overly bright. More the frolicking in the forest wood elf type.
May 19, 2015 3:22 pm
I'd say it is for any type of form change it is going to be a roll. But going back to his original form I'll give him a +2 as his body remebers that as the natural form.

To be hones on thet potion there is only one sentence of description that I could find. So everything is GM fiat :-) And I'm going for what makes the best story. So I try to rule in a way that makes the action more exiting or hilarious or both... I am longing for the moment you botch that roll for shape change. :-D Then I'll have wonderful hours of creating the effects of that.
I don't want to make it hard for you as a player but I think either way the rolls go it will be more interesting :-)
And I am well aware Farandor is not the most brainy character...

If I remember correctly I already implied that you are standing up on the other side of the door...
May 19, 2015 3:36 pm
Okay that sounds good. Looking forward to assuming octopus form, with all three spears brought to bear. Just as long as Farandor isn't distracted by something shiny.
May 20, 2015 2:58 pm
Grapthor - It would be a feat of strength = BOD + ST + (Bonus from Crowbar*) - (whatever modifier the door has, probably 4)

*The rulebook doesn't specify, I have usually given +2, but chokokiko may think otherwise.
May 20, 2015 3:34 pm
Dextolen says:
Grapthor - It would be a feat of strength = BOD + ST + (Bonus from Crowbar*) - (whatever modifier the door has, probably 4)

*The rulebook doesn't specify, I have usually given +2, but chokokiko may think otherwise.
Thanks! Will wait and see what numbers Cocokiko specifies for this roll :-)
May 20, 2015 4:25 pm
Sounds good to me :-) Roll that.
May 20, 2015 4:30 pm
+2 for using a crowbar does sounds fair to me...
May 20, 2015 4:35 pm
+2 , the generic equipment bonus of all RPGs :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.