Munchkin

Sep 2, 2014 3:18 pm
This is a game I've been playing a lot of lately. And with so many variants I'm trying to pick up the ones with the traditional door/treasure backings. Any suggestions on which ones have what on the back? Favorite set of munchkin? Or house rules for the game?
Sep 2, 2014 4:43 pm
Anything with the Munchkin line will have the same backing. Munchkin, Munchkin 2, Munchkin 3, etc. Each of those will have a subtitles such as Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe. If it has any other word in the title other than a subtitle such as Cthulhu Munchkin, Space Munchkin, Munchkin Zombies, etc those will have different backings and variant rules. Either way they are mostly the same game, I have been playing Munchkin since it came out. Its a great game but eventually gets old, the best variant is the theme that appeals to you since the games are largely the same, for me thats Cthulhu Munchkin as I am a big Lovecraft fan.
Sep 4, 2014 11:05 pm
Pathfinder, Conan, and legend all have the standard munchkin backings. I do know that all the regular expansions have that backing as well.
Mar 3, 2015 7:10 pm
I really enjoy this game as well. It is a fun game for when we don't want to play a "thinking" game.

I have most of the Munchkin line (still need Exp 7 & & I believe). I also have Munchkin Bites, Munchkin Booty, and Munchkin Zombie.
Apr 3, 2015 4:24 am
I always have been curious about Munchkin but off my head the minimum number of players are 3? I have hard time finding players so... I often try to buy games which can be soloed.

Steve Jackson company really should look into making a digital version!
Apr 3, 2015 5:49 pm
Steve Jackson Games has MIBs that are spread all over the world. These MIBs teach people how to play games and they setup regular playtimes in gaming stores and the like to teach and play any of Steve Jackson Games. There might be one in your area. Here is a link to their search finder. Steve Jackson Gamer & Store Finder
Sep 21, 2015 12:34 am
I do enjoy Munchkin, though I tend toward the themed Munchkin games like Star Munchkin.

Funny story: right before Munchkin was released, I designed a game of my own called Munchkin, which is an RPG metagame in which you play a player archetype at the table while you play whatever RPG you're playing. While we were playtesting the game, Steve Jackson released his card game, and I never took it further than posting about it to various message boards and web sites. The card game and my RPG metagame have absolutely nothing in common, other than the idea that particularly infantile role-players are called munchkins. The metagame is particularly fun at conventions, because you never know if people are playing Munchkin or they really are like that.
Dec 10, 2015 6:47 pm
I have the adventure time set. Gameplay seems very random - I 'killed' two level 9 players at about level 4 with some card luck. They basically gave up after that!

There are enough design flaws. The (themed) game is biased against male players (why are there cards that give bonuses to girls but not to guys?). Oh, and Flame Prince/Princess is useless. I hate getting her card.
Dec 10, 2015 7:13 pm
Munchkin has always been a game I enjoy playing... once in a long while. It's fun as kind of a party game (it kinda does well with a drink in hand), but gets tiring quickly.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.