Game Discussion

Jun 14, 2017 5:29 am
Alright, It's been a while and so far I'm still waiting on three characters. Not really sure what the polite thing to do in this situation is as I'm fairly new to play by post, but I already intended to divide the party in half. Now I already have six full characters, but I wanted to get a little input before kicking things off.

Unfortunately, I've already started building encounters for groups of four, but that won't be too difficult of a workaround. Instead of the standard method of a singular party, I've decided to set it up as more of an adventurer's tavern. You'll have a home base of sorts, which for now is an abandoned tower in the outskirts of Gellan. More information will be in the play thread, but the basics are fairly simple.

From the home base there will be quests, adventures, skirmishes, and dungeons to explore. Who you bring with you is up to you and there will be a few half-dragon NPCs if you need the extra help, but they'll be their own characters and may not necessarily go along with your plans. Even though I'll be playing them, they won't be mouthpieces who just spout out how I want you to do things. They're far more likely to come with a bad plan than a good one and can be stubborn, jealous, greedy, wrathful, cowardly, and arrogant.

This is a roleplaying game so don't expect much hand holding. It is entirely possible to bite off more than you can chew and all I can really promise is to not spring it on you. All that said, this won't be a grim dark campaign and will (hopefully) make you laugh more than despair.
Jun 14, 2017 5:49 am
Crixus says:
Alright, It's been a while and so far I'm still waiting on three characters. Not really sure what the polite thing to do in this situation is as I'm fairly new to play by post...
I would suggest PMing the players a gentle reminder, maybe an interest check, possibly even give them a deadline. I think you've given everyone ample time already so if there's no response then I don't think anyone will begrudge you starting the game without them. And given the setup, where not everyone is necessarily setting out together but instead will form teams and such going on short adventures and then returning to base, then people can just catch up later if they can't commit right now.
Jun 14, 2017 8:13 pm
Yes, I say remove unresponsive players, invite new ones and set a deadline to start the game. But I'm ruthless.
Jun 14, 2017 10:04 pm
I don't mean to cast aspersions on him, but Oxbox has been largely unresponsive in my experience. He hasn't made any posts or posted a character here yet, and the only other game I've been with him in, he dropped before it even began. I don't know if he's just very busy or doesn't check in very often.
Jun 14, 2017 11:23 pm
He's been very active in another game we're in together. It's very likely this game has simply fallen under his radar since it was quiet for so long and he just needs a little reminder. :-)
Jun 14, 2017 11:32 pm
I'm here! I haven't checked-in in a while and my subscription to this forum shit the bed. I wasn't receiving any emails. Apologies!
Jun 15, 2017 11:52 pm
I've submitted QuickShadow. Just fleshing him out now.
Jun 19, 2017 10:04 pm
Is everyone done with their characters? Everyone's submitted, just wondering if Tuck or anyone else is still polishing it off, or if we're good to go.
Jun 19, 2017 10:17 pm
Good to go! Finalized background and magic items a bit ago.
Jun 19, 2017 10:22 pm
I'm all ready and rarin' to go! Added the finishing touches to personality last week.
Jun 20, 2017 12:05 am
I'm ready
Jun 20, 2017 3:02 am
I think we are waiting for the DM to kick things off.
Jun 28, 2017 5:17 pm
Hey DM! Any idea when we'll be kicking off? I'm starting to lose hope.
Jun 28, 2017 5:38 pm
Same here. :-)
Jun 28, 2017 6:32 pm
It's all my fault guys. This seems to happen to every game I join.
Jun 28, 2017 7:15 pm
Happens to me quite a lot too, man. There's also been a whole bunch if games that did start but then died soon after.
Jun 28, 2017 8:49 pm
Same unfortunately. Just haven't been able to get a game recently.
Jul 5, 2017 9:28 am
DM has gone dormant. I'm going to leave the game to keep my list clean, but please re-invite me if it does start up.
Jul 7, 2017 12:35 pm
I'm out as well.
Jul 7, 2017 3:28 pm
I think the Princess is in real trouble.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.