A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Three

load previous
Sep 7, 2017 12:24 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
...., has been left in the care of his neighbor, a bookseller named Karabekian).
OOC:

My lord! I smell a crossover in the future!
Sep 7, 2017 2:14 am
Hand to hand combat and studying with the doc
Sep 8, 2017 7:09 pm
OOC:
Father Simon, Bill, Evie...?
Sep 9, 2017 9:43 pm
Evie first stops in with Dr. Matheson to see what can be learned about their enemy-- after all, she has quite a bit to learn.

Afterwards, she stops by the library to supplement what she has learned.
Sep 9, 2017 11:52 pm
Father Bill will practice his firearms, consult w Matherson and study in the library. In that order of priority.
Sep 11, 2017 11:30 pm
As the training is intense for those that participate, each can have one roll to improve. Roll over your current skill to get 1d10 extra points

Mathis - Brawl
Clive - Rifles
Evie - Handguns
Bill - Rifles
Sep 11, 2017 11:41 pm
Evie, Bill Mathis and Clive all consult with Matherson about the Mi-Go. She goes over again the things she mentioned at the meeting and some other tidbits.
• The mi-go are aliens and not native to the Earth
• They possibly come from somewhere referred to as
"Yuggoth "
• Physically, they appear to be a strange fusion of flesh
and fungus, able to change their skin color at will
• Some have wings and are able to fly
• They communicate by producing a buzzing, insect-like
voice
• The aliens are looking for something on Earth,
perhaps minerals or metals, as they are most glimpsed
in remote mountainous areas
• They are also interested in human brains, as corpses
have been found with their brains completely and
surgically removed Some form of brain transplantation
technology appears to be in evidence
• They have some form of mind control and can recruit
humans to do their bidding
• The aliens utilize tools and strange, deadly weapons

She also shows artist impressions...

https://i.imgur.com/dCQDwBq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iG0whxQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/opvveFA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rrss3pM.jpg

Do you have any questions about them?
Sep 12, 2017 1:05 am
Do they seem to have any weaknesses..like light, phosphorus, herbicide, a certain type of ammunition, or anything like that?

Rolls

Roll to improve rifle skill - (1d100)

(18) = 18

Real roll to improve rifle skill (auto fill... :/) - (1d10)

(5) = 5

Sep 12, 2017 1:26 am
Can you replicate the buzzing sound they make?

Rolls

Brawl - (1d100)

(20) = 20

Sep 12, 2017 6:36 am
kjsmith says:
Do they seem to have any weaknesses..like light, phosphorus, herbicide, a certain type of ammunition, or anything like that?
Actual encounters with the creatures have been extremely rare, which is why your experience with them is invaluable. We have no knowledge of weaknesses at this stage.
Sep 12, 2017 6:40 am
Kaosanddoom says:
Can you replicate the buzzing sound they make?
"No we have not. It's not like anything on Earth, as I'm sure you remember." she looks carefully at Mathis with an almost fascinated look.
Sep 13, 2017 3:23 pm
"Well it sounds as though I can tell you a few things about them that you may not know then. The mind control ability they possess is actually a full brain transplant. The brains the take are kept alive in jars and brainwashed to serve them. Then they are transplanted into new bodies, and the brains taken out begin the indoctrination process."

Mathis shivers a little thinking of what he has seen and learned lately.

"From what we have learned in our own encounters, it appears they are after some form of rare mineral. Their weapons appear to be electricity based. Here."

Mathis hands the doc his Mi-Go weapon.

"Perhaps you can help me figure out how to recharge it? These lights here indicate the number of shots left. Push this here to make it fire. That's all I know about it.
OOC:
My brawl is a 60, and i rolled 18 which means no advancement, correct?
Sep 13, 2017 5:37 pm
Kaosanddoom says:
OOC:
My brawl is a 60, and i rolled 18 which means no advancement, correct?
OOC:
Correct. These are just regular experience rolls so only rolling over the skill will award an increase.
Sep 13, 2017 8:05 pm
Evie goes through the training, flustered but trying her best.

Rolls

Let's see how she does (handgun is 20% for me) - (1d100)

(71) = 71

How much she improves (if necessary) - (1d10)

(6) = 6

Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm
Evie trains with the colt .45 and learns a great deal about reloading, cleaning, dealing with jams and firing. She becomes very confident with the weapon.
Sep 13, 2017 8:54 pm
Kaosanddoom says:
"Well it sounds as though I can tell you a few things about them that you may not know then. The mind control ability they possess is actually a full brain transplant. The brains the take are kept alive in jars and brainwashed to serve them. Then they are transplanted into new bodies, and the brains taken out begin the indoctrination process."

Mathis shivers a little thinking of what he has seen and learned lately.

"From what we have learned in our own encounters, it appears they are after some form of rare mineral. Their weapons appear to be electricity based. Here."

Mathis hands the doc his Mi-Go weapon.

"Perhaps you can help me figure out how to recharge it? These lights here indicate the number of shots left. Push this here to make it fire. That's all I know about it.

"Yes, we have one of these in the lab, but not figured out how to charge it. I know about other artifacts they use, ones that throw spores, mist or sonic beams."
Sep 13, 2017 8:58 pm
"Now we have two. Let's experiment with mine and see if we can figure it out."
Sep 13, 2017 9:10 pm
"Tell you what, come to my lab later Mathis. I have something else I'd like to show you."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.