A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Three

load previous
Nov 1, 2017 7:28 pm
"Good to meet you both. I'm William. Unfortunately we haven't made much progress yet. We do have the locations of the incidents perhaps your expertise might help deduce some things?"
William is a tall pale lurch of a man with a strong jaw and an awkward way to him. He trips a bit when he steps forward to shake hands.
Nov 1, 2017 7:48 pm
Humphrey, a short, squat but good-looking man with a messenger bag, thumps Lou heartily on the back. "Yes, pure luck. Lou! Good to see you! And nice to meet you William. We can take a look, sure.
Last edited November 1, 2017 7:49 pm
Nov 3, 2017 10:33 am
Eugene solemnly shakes hands with everybody.
Nov 3, 2017 4:37 pm
William heads to the nearest crime scene checking to see if folks are following him. He is uncomfortable in front and feels like people are looking at his lanky way of walking. The self consciousness only makes him walk that much more strange.
He tries to make conversation without realizing he is speaking of a personal tragedy to the victims.
"The detective says that the men's brains were removed by some mechanical or surgical instrument. He assumed it was a related to the mill or to gangsters. Can you imagine some mobster collecting the brains of transients?"
Last edited November 3, 2017 4:37 pm
Nov 3, 2017 5:04 pm
When William speaks about the victim and their brain, Eugene casts a worried glance at Humphrey. "Poor fellow," he says, seemingly to himself. Then, addressing William, he adds: "Have you seen the body?"
Last edited November 3, 2017 5:07 pm
Nov 3, 2017 6:27 pm
"We have not yet had the opportunity."
Nov 4, 2017 12:20 pm
It's a short walk from Rue du Coteau to Rue Elizabeth, the road on the eastern edge of town at the foot of the mountains. You walk south past a number of two storied homes and various small businesses before you reach the marker that indicates the site of Anthony Cornett's murder scene, a point where the woods press into the town. A well trodden path leads into the woods and Bill leads the way, studying the map as he goes.
Nov 4, 2017 2:00 pm
Clive begins to look for things along the way. Just at the edge of town. Does that seem to be the MO for these things?

Rolls

spot Hidden (60) - (1d100)

(65) = 65

Nov 4, 2017 5:59 pm
Eugene thinks about every detective fiction he has read recently. He smiles faintly as he remembers pristine, logical reads by Poe and Conan Doyle. Trying to think as Sherlock Holmes, he mumbles: "Is this place where the body was found, or where the... murder took place?" He stumbles, suddenly overcome with the gravity of what happened. And their work has only just begun.
Last edited November 4, 2017 6:39 pm
Nov 4, 2017 6:35 pm
kjsmith says:
Clive begins to look for things along the way. Just at the edge of town. Does that seem to be the MO for these things?
Want to use Push or Luck ?
Nov 4, 2017 6:39 pm
Mathis will help look.
OOC:
gonna push against score of 60
Last edited November 4, 2017 6:40 pm

Rolls

Spot hidden - (1d100)

(68) = 68

Push spot - (1d100)

(76) = 76

Nov 4, 2017 8:10 pm
Mathis thinks he sees something on the ground within the trees. He moves closer to investigate, only to twist his ankle on a hidden root (-1hp)
Nov 4, 2017 8:46 pm
As Humphrey walks towards the crime scene he takes a look along the sides of the road for any biological remnants (blood, hair, etc.).
OOC:
Roll? I was thinking Natural World or Track?
Nov 4, 2017 8:55 pm
Sure, you'll need a Spot Hidden to find something to identify then if you find something natural to identify, a Natural World roll might be useful
Nov 4, 2017 9:01 pm
Humphrey searches along the side of the road for any biological evidence left from the victim or the killer.
OOC:
Rolling Spot Hidden against my score of 45.

Rolls

Spot Hidden - (1d100)

(74) = 74

Nov 4, 2017 9:21 pm
"I was curious of that myself. If the cuts were made by a surgical tool, they might have done this in a lab somewhere or something"
Bill also looks about the ground and near the wood line.

Rolls

spot hidden - (1d100)

(17) = 17

Nov 4, 2017 10:33 pm
Knifesedgegames says:
kjsmith says:
OOC:

I'll use luck.
kjsmith sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Last edited November 4, 2017 10:34 pm
Nov 4, 2017 10:46 pm
kjsmith says:
Knifesedgegames says:
kjsmith says:
OOC:

I'll use luck.
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Knifesedgegames
OOC:
You have the possibility to recover luck in between adventures. You can save your luck on this occasion as we've had a successful roll from someone else.
Nov 4, 2017 11:01 pm
As you look along the trail, it meanders for about twenty feet and then stops in a small clearing. Bill spots a few sets of claw shaped indentations in the northeast area.
OOC:
(Natural world or Science (Zoology) rolls if anyone wants to identify them)
Nov 5, 2017 1:35 am
"Hmm, interesting indeed!"
Humphrey lean in close and examines the claw marks.

Rolls

Natural World - (1d100)

(21) = 21

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.