A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Three

load previous
Jan 19, 2018 5:53 am
"Yes, I am fine. But I'm tied here. Please help me. "
Jan 19, 2018 12:41 pm
Mathis will untie his hands.
"there, now get yourself loose while I the up the priest."

Grabbing my rope from my pack I tie the priest.
Jan 19, 2018 12:48 pm
Eugene rubs his wrists to get some blood flowing into his hands, wincing as thousands of tiny pins pierce his skin. After the sensation slowly subsides, he unties his ankles, rubs them too and gets up from his bed. For the first time he gets a look at the room he is in.

"Thank you, " he says to Mathis. "You've saved my life! This... man" - he points to Dubois with his foot - "wanted to cut my head open. Why would he want to do that? Do you have any idea?"
Last edited January 19, 2018 12:51 pm
Jan 19, 2018 1:53 pm
"He is either a mi-go agent or sociopath serial killer."

Knowing that mi-go agents are generally created via brain transplant, mathis begins to search the priest for signs of the surgery.
Jan 19, 2018 8:15 pm
William cracks his back by positioning his cupped fist behind him and leans into it. He does some twisty movements and shakes it off. He then cleans his glasses with a handkerchief. "It gets cold up here huh?"
Jan 19, 2018 8:17 pm
Quickly cutting Eugene free, Mathis retuns to the landing where the priest is still jerking on the floor. Must have been a pretty powerful shock. Mathis ties his hands behind and his ankles together.

Eugene looks at the bedroom he is in. It is undecorated and has an unshuttered window in the south wall. He realises it is in fact not a bed he is on but a large wooden table that centres the room with a smaller workbench beside it. Beneath is a discoloured bucket. In a second bucket is a scalp and brain.
OOC:
(Sanity check please, Eugene)
Mathis inspects the priest's skull but sees no evidence of surgery.
Jan 19, 2018 8:18 pm
sanity...

Rolls

sanity: 52 - (1d100)

(80) = 80

Jan 19, 2018 8:20 pm
Clive and Bill opt to return to the others, swinging by the YFCMC building, to find Lou outside.
OOC:
(None of them are aware of where Mathis and Eugene went)
Jan 19, 2018 8:21 pm
OOC:
Eugene Sanity loss

Rolls

Sanity loss Eugene - (1d3)

(1) = 1

Jan 19, 2018 8:22 pm
Mathis will inspect the room next for signs of Mi-Go.
Jan 19, 2018 8:24 pm
Eugene gasps at the contents of the bucket but quickly calms himself down. He follows Mathis to another room.
Jan 19, 2018 8:33 pm
Looking in the other bedroom (2), the room is also undecorated with bare floorboards and an unshuttered window. The only furniture is a single bed and a dressing table. Atop the dressing table is a ceramic Phrenology head,an old tattered book entitled A System of Phrenology by George Combe (dated 1855), a ruler, a set of measuring tongs and at least three decomposing brains. Close inspection shows that on two of the brains have areas painted in black. Pieces of notepaper show sketches of the brains with the black-painted areas seemingly corresponding with areas on the Phrenology head. The different notes mention the surnames, Abel, Cornett and Roche.
Jan 19, 2018 8:36 pm
Eugene inspects the brains more closely. He consults the phrenology head to determine which parts of the head are painted, and, if possible, to read about these parts in a book.
Jan 19, 2018 8:37 pm
"Eugene, the others went to the paper mill. If you think you can, go find them and bring them here. I'll keep the priest under wraps until you get back."
OOC:
Is there any sign of some medical equipment or anesthetic? (Mathis has a low medical score, so he might not know what they are.
Jan 19, 2018 8:39 pm
"Yes, you are right, we should bring others. I'll only have a quick look here..."
Jan 19, 2018 8:50 pm
OOC:
Can I have a Chemistry roll Eugene>?

And also biology
Jan 19, 2018 9:09 pm
Let's see how good Eugene studied his books...
OOC:
Actually, biology is 26%, I failed even harder :)
Last edited January 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Rolls

Chemistry: 61% - (1d100)

(26) = 26

Biology: 41% - (1d100)

(72) = 72

Jan 19, 2018 9:19 pm
Eugene indicates a couple of bottles he saw in the other room - Chloroform, no doubt what Dubois tried to knock Eugine out with before giving him a shiner with a left hook. If applied to the priests face with a rag, it should knock him out cold.

Eugene doesn't know a great deal about Phrenology and it would take an hour or two of study to associate the book with the brains and the notes. Eugene also notices a draw on the cabinet that the book rests on.
Jan 19, 2018 9:28 pm
Eugene closes the book with a soft clap of worn pages. "I'll go get the others." With that he exits the room, then the house and goes to the church to get Lou.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.