A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Three

load previous
Jan 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Mathis retrieves the rag and bottles, and gives the priest the first dose. being very careful not to over do it.
Jan 19, 2018 10:20 pm
The spasms are starting to stop as Mathis takes the rag and soaks it in the chemical. The priest is about to start spitting venom as Mathis covers his mouth and nose, until the big man slumps unconscious.
Jan 19, 2018 10:33 pm
Eugene arrives back at the YFCMC and finds Lou, Clive and Bill. Lou is surprised to see Eugene coming from down the road rather than inside the building.
Jan 20, 2018 1:23 am
William says assumingly, "That must have been a bust? We didn't get anywhere either."
Jan 20, 2018 7:54 am
"No, we almost fell into the priest's trap. Luckily, Mathis saved me and captured Dubois. We should all go. Follow me."
Jan 20, 2018 9:11 am
The four men trot north a couple of blocks and find a lonely house. The garden is overgrown with weeds and the downstairs window has had its shutters smashed.

Eugene leads the way through the front door, past some scattered boxes where it appears there's been a scuffle, and into a main room, bare but for a small lamp on a table and some tea chests.

Upstairs you find Mathis on the landing, holding a shotgun aimed at the unconscious and hogtied form of Father Dubois.
Jan 20, 2018 9:15 am
"It appears Dubois killed people and removed their brains. We should look around, but don't look in the buckets." With that Eugene goes back to the book he started to read before.
Jan 21, 2018 2:03 am
Clive looks at Mathis. What exactly is going on here? Is he the one that has been doing the killing?
Jan 21, 2018 4:30 am
"I knew it" William looks into the buckets.
Jan 21, 2018 4:36 am
"honestly I don't know. That's why we need to question him. And investigate."
Last edited January 21, 2018 3:28 pm
Jan 21, 2018 2:27 pm
Bill looks into the buckets under the table in the first bedroom. One contains a scalp and a brain.
OOC:
Sanity check please.
Jan 21, 2018 2:46 pm
Lou is shocked and ashamed by the realization that not only did he let slip the men he was supposed to have been keeping safe, but they were put in mortal danger as well! "I've failed you all." the big man says dejectedly. "I'm just glad none of you were hurt."
OOC:
Maybe Lou can make himself useful by conducting the investigation. That is, if he has the proper skill-set?
Jan 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Jan 21, 2018 3:30 pm
"I need to point out though this isn't just a crime scene but that of what seems to be a serial killer. The authorities must be notified before the scene is contaminated. Seems to me, this is just the work of a crazy man, and " The Enemy" have nothing to do with it. We should call the local police, call the boss, and return to base."
Jan 21, 2018 3:30 pm
"Don't worry about it Lou. It all turned out in the end. That priest is a slippery fucker. I bet you can get him to talk when he wakes up though."

Mathis continues to look for signs of alien involvement.
OOC:
we posted at the same time. Editing to answer.
"let's make sure it's not the enemy first. We haven't really even looked yet. And we are first hand witnesses, so they expect us to be here."
Last edited January 21, 2018 3:32 pm
Jan 22, 2018 5:25 pm
William holds back a wretch as he almost goes to a knee and pushes Lou out of the way to get further from the bucket. He grasps at his own head as if to protect it from an unseen menace. "What the hell are we going to do now? We found out what we needed, let's get the hell out of this town and get rid of this monster."
Last edited January 22, 2018 5:27 pm

Rolls

SANITY - (1d100)

(96) = 96

Jan 22, 2018 5:40 pm
"How long does this stuff keep him out for? We need some answers before we turn this over to the cops."

Looking for any sign that this is more than a serial killer.
Jan 22, 2018 5:49 pm
Taking a quick glance above his book, Eugene says: "Chloroform? Half an hour, an hour at most I'd say." He then continues to read.
Jan 22, 2018 6:01 pm
With about half an hour to work Mathis gets the priest into a position to be questioned.

"Anybody finding any evidence that this is more than a serial killer?"
Jan 22, 2018 8:39 pm
Eugene learns from looking at the brains, head and book that areas apparently related combativeness and self esteem have been marked on Abel's brain. With Roche, the study appears to be on the area regarded as related to secretiveness.

Taking a look in the draw on the same table, he finds priestly vestments, a folded black jacket with a chunk missing from the sleeve, a Bible and a small notebook.

https://i.imgur.com/NzRtcy6.jpg
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.