A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Three

load previous
Sep 20, 2017 1:58 pm
Understand that I do not intend for you to charge into the woods hunting the Enemy, this is purely investigation around the town, talk to locals, see what happened. The local police will have dealt with the case, but obviously not looked at it from the same angle I would expect you to. If you do run into danger, do not confront it. Aside from Lou, you will have no muscle to back you up.
Sep 20, 2017 2:12 pm
"Roger that. Investigate but do not engage. We can handle that."
Sep 20, 2017 3:47 pm
You have time to pack a travel bag, the car is waiting outside. Good luck!
Sep 20, 2017 5:08 pm
OOC:
Did we get any of the stuff we asked for, or are we keeping our original equipment?
Sep 20, 2017 9:27 pm
OOC:
It's not shown up yet, so original equipment. If anyone feels they need a handgun, Lou will be able to grab for you.
Sep 21, 2017 2:32 am
Clive makes his way to his room, and packs all the essentials...including the rifle he used in defense of the library along with ammunition. Can't ever be too careful... he mutters to himself.
Sep 22, 2017 1:32 pm
Evie stares at the things she's scattered on her bed blankly, trying to run over what she knows of Canada. Possible she should, instead, be thinking about what she knows about The Enemy, but that seems to be all she's been doing of late and it's like she can feel the total paradigm shift forming cracks in her mind. She still feels like herself, but now she's jumping at any unexpected noise and having trouble sleeping.

"It's cold in Canada,"
she thinks, "and they make syrup, and... bacon? In circles, maybe?"

She packs everything that looks warm, and well as pajamas, the usual travel necessities, a few books, and the sturdiest pair of shoes she has. At the very top, with shaking hands, she places the handgun and zips the bag closed.
weirdasspoison sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Sep 22, 2017 1:34 pm
Mathis packs his standard kit with camping gear and gets a pistol.
Sep 23, 2017 12:51 am
Knifesedgegames sent a note to weirdasspoison
Sep 26, 2017 8:42 pm
Bill packs his things and drops a pistol into his small carry bag.
Sep 26, 2017 9:04 pm
Father Simon packs his travel bag along with his trusty shotgun.
Sep 26, 2017 9:26 pm
Simon, Bill, Mathis, Evie and Clive are ready and Lou will follow as support. Margaret remains at the headquarters.

Having packed the necessary items, you are all carried by chauffeur to the private FOC airplane where you are carried to the Aerodrome Saint-Louis in Quebec City. From there you take taxis to the Gare du Palais and use the Canadian National Railway. First Class tickets are already waiting for you to carry you to La Tuque Railway station.

The journey to La Tuque is three hours long and your first sight of it is of a small city surrounded by hills covered in thick woods. Smoke can be seen rising from the many paper mills flanking the wide Saint-Maurice River.

Soon enough the train pulls into the station and stepping off, the first thing you note is the strange odor permeating the air. It is sulferous and quite disgusting, but no-one else seems to notice it.

A short and thin, blond haired man and dressed in a dark blue suit stands holding a small sign with the letters FOC on it. He is wearing a tan leather trench coat and a black fur aviator hat to protect against the cold.
Sep 27, 2017 1:26 am
Clive thinks back on his studies in metallurgy to see if there is anything of the smell permeating the town that is familiar. He then makes his way to the man and reaches out his hand. Good day, Sir.

Rolls

Science (metallurgy) (61) - (1d100)

(31) = 31

Sep 27, 2017 7:06 am
Clive does not recognise the smell as any metal.
Sep 27, 2017 7:12 am
Bonjour Monsieurs et Mademoiselle. I am Nicolas Thibault. Welcome to La Tuque!

Thibault shakes you each by the hand and kisses that of Evie , tossing the name sign in a nearby wastebasket.

Would you like to join me at the station cafe?
Sep 27, 2017 12:55 pm
"Malcolm. Nice to meet you. Yes lets have some grub."
Sep 27, 2017 1:22 pm
Evie smiles politely but firmly tugs her had away from Nicolas.

"I am quite hungry, thank you."
Sep 27, 2017 6:32 pm
Bill just nods approvingly "William" and follows the group. He covers his mouth with a handkerchief. "Is that a factory? What is that awful smell?"
Sep 27, 2017 6:57 pm
Ah oui, the paper mills. Sulfur and water is cooked to soften the wood pulp. You'll get used to the smell, everyone does.
Sep 27, 2017 7:21 pm
Once settled in the station cafe, he orders coffee and pastries.

"I know you deal with some sticky situations for Mr Abelard and you've been sent to look into the recent murders so I'll tell you what I know. The two men were found dead under strange circumstances. Their names were Anthony Corbett and Nathan Roche and they were rumoured to be both living outdoors. I have a contact in the police force, and discovered that the tops of their heads and their brains were missing, although now it seems this is common knowledge now. The detective in charge is Julien Degarmo."

He slides his business card across the table and an envelope, "Your expenses. One of you should sign a receipt. The hotel Beaudetmore is nearby and I'd suggest you stay there, should you need to remain overnight. The police station is located at 1060 Blvd Ducharme, just south of the train station. I can't be any real help with the police but I can help with other things if you give me a call and please, call as soon as you have anything."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.