Legend of Korra Board Game

Jun 24, 2017 1:11 pm
Hey folks,

I'm not normally one to self-advertise, but I'm just SO excited that I can finally talk about this project that I've been part of for almost the last year --

Legend of Korra Board Game Announcement

Published by IDW, but designed by ME (and my good friend Sen-Foong Lim, who has some serious board game design chops. This ain't my first rodeo, but it may be my first game that hits store shelves - many more in the publishing pipeline, but this is first in line to hit "print")!

I can't say much more yet, but we'll have demo's at San Diego ComiCon and GenCon (and I'll be at GenCon demoing and promoting the game -- so if you're there, plan to stop by the IDW booth!).
Last edited June 24, 2017 1:12 pm
Jun 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Congratulations on launch! I look forward to more announcements!
Jun 24, 2017 4:51 pm
Yep. Congrats. Always cool to see a personal project comes to fruition. Any particular reason why Legends of Kora instead of the original series? I was under the impression that fans of the franchise had universally disliked LoK...
Jun 24, 2017 10:37 pm
Why Legend of Korra? Well, when I had the opportunity I jumped on it because I'm a huge Korra fan (but the plan was already to make a Korra game by the time I was onboard). If there was 'universal' dislike of LoK, traces of it are gone. Korra's got a pretty big following, and I honestly thing that by the end of the final season Korra stands well and above the original Last Airbender (which is still an excellent show in its own right).
Jun 24, 2017 10:48 pm
Ah, ok. Well I never watched the series as I had stopped watching TV for years when they aired. I knew my friends were big Last Airbender fans, so I checked episodes on youtube out of curiosity. The show looked nice, but the ending felt a bit rushed. Anyways, I saw a lot of hate for LoK in the comment section of those episodes. They could have just been trolls now that I think about it...
Jun 26, 2017 12:08 am
Gfto you are part of that board game? I love AVATAR and Korra. Have all seasons. I saw something about this game and I am planning pick it up at somepoint. I plan on going to Gencon this year so will have to check it out.

If i really had to pick between the 2 i would pick Korra. Btw the ps3 is pretty fun other then the endless runner part.
Last edited June 26, 2017 6:59 pm
Jun 26, 2017 3:47 pm
I love Avatar and Korra! And you'll be at GenCon! I'll be at GenCon! We should hang out! Or at least meet up :)
Jun 26, 2017 3:48 pm
Yeah let's make that happen this year! (I was there last year too, but I was so busy and overwhelmed I missed out on connecting with the GP crowd).
Aug 21, 2017 1:13 pm
Well did not see you at the Com on saturday but i did play the game. That was really fun and we didnt get all of it. I can see it very tatical and trying to guess what your oppent will do.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.