Game's Discussion

load previous
Nov 14, 2015 4:26 pm
If it's all right with you, BlackStork, I'm going to edit the first post in the pedia thread to create a Table of Contents for the different pedia entries, and edit each entry to alphabetize the entries for easier reference. Is that OK?
Nov 14, 2015 4:27 pm
any improvement You can do is more than wellcome - Yes, sure thing, will be great :)
Nov 14, 2015 4:29 pm
harlandski says:
BlackStork says:
Yes, thats why i told that maintaining Pedia is necessary. I with spaceseeker will maintain it - and I will dump all the info which party should have in RP but very organized in same time form there. It will be like encyclopedia, where you can remind and clarify for yourself party learned already.
I've had a look at the Octagonopedia, and it's really helpful - thank you Black Stork! I can see that this setting is going to take some brain work to get into, but I'm sure in the end it will be all the more rewarding for that.
I am glad that it helps. :)
If anyone missing something and thinks that party should have such entry just post here. :)
Nov 14, 2015 5:10 pm
Made new posts with short explanation of Secret Studies system :
Post here

Pls tell if it is clear. I did not gave the example, because it is too early, but I want to introduce the party to certain mechanics and concepts before we actually hit them, so when we hit them, players will be focused on checking and analyzing their options, and will be ready to use the system.
Nov 15, 2015 3:37 am
How many days have passed since the beginning of the whole story? I don't actually know if Mandoric would have any food to give the beggars.
Nov 15, 2015 4:55 am
Game days passd 2 and since they exit Yosh-Ul 5 i think. (But lets have assumption that Zinobia cared about food for the trip for those first 3 days)
Nov 15, 2015 5:37 pm
Modified the Study system - TR - Training - character will need roll of relevant stat in order to recieve TR.

The cost will be per lesson and will be fixed - 1 shin * 2 ^ Study Level ( 2 shins for one lesson for lvl 1 Study, 4 for lvl 2, 8 for lvl 3 and 16 for lvl 4)

Please check updated entry.

Please do your turn, i will need majority in order to continue and check if party follows Horoika or they do not.
Nov 16, 2015 8:31 pm
Mandoric (hrlandski) - please update Zinobia's and Horoika attitude to Mandoric in his character sheet
Zinobia >> Mandoric -- Cautious
Horoika >> Mandoric ++ Sympathetic
Nov 17, 2015 2:18 pm
Done. Levelling up, taking Onslaught esotery (at last!) I think it makes sense too in the light of what Horoika said. By the way how did the beggars react to my food?

Edit: another little question, this one about the interaction of my Onslaught esotery and the powers I get from my descriptor. Does the mindslice use of the Onslaught esotery count as a "mind altering esotery", ie would I get the benefit of being trained if I used the esotery in this way?
Last edited November 17, 2015 3:56 pm
Nov 17, 2015 5:19 pm
I will check answer for your question and will add beggars reaction to next post (sorry forgot about it) - will do that later when will be at home.
Nov 17, 2015 8:24 pm
Yes, you have nice synergy there, Mindslice does get bonus from your descriptor.

This means, you have -1 difficulty to attack, i guess. 2 Damage, Int first, ignores armor.
You can state it as 2 attacks - physical Onslaught, and Mindlice, where mindlice gets bonus
Nov 17, 2015 9:40 pm
@spaceseeker - please update your characyer sheet at each change of stats/ or other things. T'Jekyll's character sheet was lacking 2 XP which T'Jekyll have - i just added them. Cheers, because if i will forget and you will forget character will have less or more things that he should, and that wont be good for the game. :) Cheers
Nov 19, 2015 6:47 am
1.5 days passed since my update post and again 1/5 players posted. Pls do posts, and lets try to maintain the tempo of at very least 2 days per turn/update. Cheers :)
Nov 21, 2015 8:46 pm
Last post brings alot of information. I will appreciate any help to populate pedias with new information so it will be well arranged and stored.
Nov 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Hello there.

Wanted to ask you how do you feel about the game.

From my point of view I do invest into the game alot, but i do not feel enought activity/action in amounts i would like to see.
It is complex, story based, full of information setting. It requires one very vital thing - involvement.

I understand that:
1. The setting is complex and updates are very verbose (this is for this stage, because it is much more like sequence, in difference from next or previous one) - this is pro, and con in same time.
2. I may do lexical/grammar mistakes due being not native english speaker and my two mother tongue languages (which are very very different) influence things i write.
3. Some people may be busy, and thats ok.

The issue for me is that :
1. There alot of people (majority) who log to the forums frequently, and some even frequently post on the forums, but in same time majority of players (probably for different reasons) postpone and delay posting in this game.
2. We are beyond 2 days from the original post (far behind the shelude) and we on the point when only 2/5 players did one post after the update which require hot verbose conversation and serious decision making.
3. From certain player's posts I get impression that they do not read the stuff with attention or some things are not apparent and clear enough.

What i want:
1. To fix any problems and do changes if such required to improve the experience, and to hear your feedback on the game.
2. Frequent posting / players that are active and interested to play this game and to advance with it.
3. To ensure that certain things are clear, and despite serious information output on this stage players can navigate and understand basic concepts.
4. Players that value my work and like it.

So, please post your thoughts on the stuff above.
Please tell if there things you think I could improve.
In same time from my side I do really want things stated above.

So:
1.If some improvement needed from my side i would like to hear any ideas and will try to do it with your help of without.
2.If the shelude of 1.5 days per post (we are much behind it btw) is too tight and people are busy or need more time to digest the information, lets adjust it a little.
If people are being busy - its cool and i do respect it, we will just adjust the shelude a bit - this way i could also will know to manage the game differently, providing may be "layers" of updates little by little - if the tight time shelude / update's verbosity is a problem.
3. For amount of the work and imagination I invest/ed into the game I expect to recieve one simple thing - players involvement and interest.
I want to fix anything that prevent that, and even to adjust out crew in case some player really do not like the game and is not involved into it and hate the campaign complexity and verbosity, if someone can not see himself being involved into the plot .

Thanks for cooperation in advance. To summarize - I want to have a team of involved players, who are satisfied with the game, and that this game will provide an adequate experience with alot of immersion and fun, and first of all to improve things from my side, but I will require certain level of player's "involvement" with the game. Thanks for help. :) Cheers.
Nov 24, 2015 3:15 pm
This game, by far, is the hardest for me to follow along. I realize that, in part, it's because of how rich of an environment that you're trying to create for all of us. So when I get on to check games I'll hit up the 'easier' ones first with the thought of coming back and trying to figure out what my options are in this game and I basically wait for someone else to act first so that I can react off of that.

This is also a busy time in the US with all of the holidays coming up (and I'm making the assumption that most of the PCs are in the US - although thinking about it, I'm not sure that's a fair assumption after all) so I'd expect some lulls until the new year.
Nov 24, 2015 3:22 pm
This act is very heavy and verbose but also important as it introduces players to complex world of Octagon. Involvement and understanding are quite neccessary in order to have fluent gameplay later. Harder now = funnier later. Yes, this is mainly because the setting is rich and complex. If some adjustments needed from my part i would gladly do them, and in return i just ask for some minor level of basic commitment and involvement of the players. :)
Nov 25, 2015 11:44 pm
For now 3 of 6 party members agreed on following Horoika.
Party must have 5 of 6 votes in order to choose on of the options.

Please participate further in action, because i can not advance the game without decision. The conversation between characters needed and party must have more less one dirrection to follow.

Horoika probably will join only if "Search for the Citadel" is chosen.
Nov 26, 2015 3:16 am
If Nyom can be convinced that she'll be able to keep her weapons then she'll join the search.
Nov 28, 2015 9:17 pm
Message from Jabes:
Quote:
Hi there! I'm sorry to be doing this but I think I'm going to have to drop out of the game. I've stretched myself too thin signing up for too many games (I am currently in more than 20 games here on PbP). It's too bad, because I really liked OOLIN. And you've built a complex nd intriguing world. I've also let Spaceseeker know as this affects T'Jekyll as well.

Thank you so much for teaching me how Numenera works. Maybe when I have more free time I can join one of your games again! :-)
I am quite dissapointed by this, because, such behaviour harms our game (injecting / removing players takes alot of effort and need alot of adjustments)

First of all I think it is wrong approach to sign for games which you can not maintain, but it is always better to adjust the team earlier than later.

Second i want to get advise from the players about solution choices:
Option 1. I will continue to controll OOLIN till party reach Act 3. (It's long way and that will be hard for me / and then i will need to deal with it through plot - and that requires certain effort as well)
Option 2. There will be lethal GM intrusion for OOLIN during the travel. (May be harsh and bad for other Pcs (esp T'Jekyll))
Option 3. I will give controls of OOLIN to T'Jekyll for certain period, when it will be resolved (their relationships are quite complex including latest urge complications, so this is very good for RP, but will require spaceseeker to rule two (1.5) characters for certain period) - this one also could be mixed with solution 1.
Option 4. I retcon and adjust things (I hate retcons, they destroy immersion, but if it will be your preffered solution.... it is possible)

Ty for input.
Btw, for anyone in this game:
If you enjoy - play and be involved, the game will reward this.
If you are busy - there is no problem, i've lowered the pace abit, just come back when you will be more free and be active when you can
If you feel that you will leave the game some day - this will harm the game even more later - then do it now.
I hate to do those adjustments, and i am really dissapointed by reasons like "i signed for something i can not handle".
For me it is simple and plain lack of real, proper appreciation for effort i put into running and creating this game.

Please tell if you prefer any of those solutions. Especially spaceseeker because OOLIN related to T'Jekyll. Pls choose the option you can handle. - by this i mean it's better to pick another option than the controlling OOLIN if you do not have much of time to handle behaviours of both characters for Act 2.

PS. Act 2 will have alot of combat, and some navigation/outdoors survival as you already guessed. Just confirming this - so controlling OOLIN will, mainly , require managing her combat behaviour above everything else for majority of Act 2 sequences.
As she is subjugated / follows T'Jekyll she could automatically agree on everything he say / propose / do.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.