Chapter 6: Mantol-Derith

load previous
Aug 25, 2017 4:07 pm
Hunter quells the urge to mirror the spitting gesture and turns for the giant duergar and fleeing svirfneblin. She assesses where they are heading and hopes to intercept.
Aug 25, 2017 4:13 pm
At this point, the giant duergar is out of sight, having chased the svirfneblin around the corner leading toward the booming sound.

Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Aug 25, 2017 4:57 pm
"I don't understand what's happening here." Mai'ngor mutters with a shake of his mane. Both his blades are drawn, and there's a dangerous look in his eyes.
Aug 25, 2017 5:19 pm
Savy shakes his head, "Seems like the place has gone mad since I was here last... Perhaps we should investigate the booming sound? We have a big enough group here that we could probably put a stop to the conflict over there until we figure things out."
Aug 25, 2017 5:36 pm
"Come on," Hunter says, already moving towards the conflict.
Aug 25, 2017 7:24 pm
You follow the large duergar around the corner and into a grove of large fungus. You show up just in time to see the duergar cut down the helpless gnome and join his comrades.

The fungal grove in the deep gnome enclave has been left to grow wild. Strewn about the grove are the corpses of a dozen dead svirfneblin, all of whom appear to have been killed by duergar.

Set into the northeast wall is a set of stone double doors that the svirfneblin have barred from within. Four enlarged duergar are breaking through the doors with war picks, and it's only a matter of time before they reduce the doors to rubble.
Aug 25, 2017 8:00 pm
This time Mai'ngor no longer hesitates: with both blades flashing, haloed in Sinag's light, the tikbalang champion charges the duergar.
OOC:
Bonus action to begin War Dance. Rolling initiative in case you need it.
[ +- ] Mai'ngor's combat stats
Last edited August 29, 2017 2:32 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Aug 25, 2017 8:07 pm
Poe runs forward and sings three brief notes, then shouts in Dwarven, "Hold your attack! Stand down!"
OOC:
Thaumaturgy cantrip; voice is magnified x3
Aug 25, 2017 8:34 pm
Hunter sends a Message to Mai'ngor, Goes for you, too, dear. I'd prefer to go about our task without the threat of battle raging around us, and these dwarves are apparently allowed within this outpost.
OOC:
I am reminded of high school PA systems with the three short notes. :)

Also, I am fully aware that Mai'ngor may not understand Poe's dwarvish, but Hunter's Message stands as-is.
Aug 25, 2017 8:49 pm
As a chieftain's son, Mai'ngor should understand the folly in upsetting the balance of power in a place like this. But such wisdom goes unheeded now. As does Hunter's voice in his head. All he hears is Sinag's urging. He charges forward, the ancient tikbalang war chant on his lips:
Spirits of wind, make swift my hooves,
Lords of lightning, make mighty my arm,
Spirits of the great balete tree, make stalwart my heart,
Bathala, sky-father, grant me an honorable death.
Aug 25, 2017 11:01 pm
"Ah, hell" Elfog grunts, watching the Tikbalang charge forward. Tightening his hold on Tolvihar, he readies himself to attack, but will maintain his position slightly behind and to the left of Hunter.

"If he gets 'imself in deep, I'll be joining 'im" he says to those close by. "Can't have the damned fool gettin' hurt."
Last edited August 25, 2017 11:11 pm
Aug 25, 2017 11:06 pm
"No," Hunter agrees, "and though this place might consider it cheap, his life has more worth than Tiny over there."
Aug 25, 2017 11:30 pm
Meriele follows Mai'ngor's charge at a slower pace, jogging behind. She sets her arrow back into its quiver, freeing up a hand in preparation.
Aug 27, 2017 12:36 am
Muttering what must be curses in a horrible language, Poe follows behind, pulling her lyre around so that she can reach its strings.
Aug 27, 2017 12:44 am
The duergar pause for a moment to see who yelled, and then see Mai'ngor rushing forward. They get ready to meet his charge...
OOC:
Mai'ngor, are you still going to make the attack even after Hunter's pleas not to?
Aug 27, 2017 3:09 am
Mai'ngor is quicker than the duergar anticipate and is able to make his move first.
OOC:
If that's not clear enough, you've won initiative!
Aug 27, 2017 10:09 am
Seeing that Mai'ngor has no intent of stopping, Meriele frowns and casts a hand out toward him.
OOC:
If I can attempt to go before Mai'ngor, I'd like to cast Darkness on the space 20 feet ahead of him, between him and his target. If I can't go before him, theeennn.... disregard!
Aug 27, 2017 12:12 pm
Mai'ngor dances the tikbalang war dance, his blades a blur, slashing high and low. Sinag's light waxes full, blinding these denizens of the Underdark.
OOC:
At maximum, Sinag casts daylight in a 60ft radius.
[ +- ] Mai'ngor's combat stats
Last edited August 29, 2017 2:32 pm

Rolls

Attack #1: Sinag - (1d20+10, 1d8+9)

1d20+10 : (8) + 10 = 18

1d8+9 : (6) + 9 = 15

Bonus: +1 kris - (1d20+9, 1d6+8)

1d20+9 : (10) + 9 = 19

1d6+8 : (3) + 8 = 11

Attack #2: Sinag - (1d20+10, 1d8+9)

1d20+10 : (14) + 10 = 24

1d8+9 : (1) + 9 = 10

Action Surge: Attack #3: Sinag - (1d20+10, 1d8+9)

1d20+10 : (19) + 10 = 29

1d8+9 : (8) + 9 = 17

Action Surge: Attack #4: Sinag - (1d20+10, 1d8+9)

1d20+10 : (11) + 10 = 21

1d8+9 : (7) + 9 = 16

Crit damage - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Aug 28, 2017 12:46 am
Round One: Mai'ngor
As Mai'ngor rushes forward, the duergar are caught unprepared. His light-formed blade pierces through the chest of the closest duergar at the same time that his kris takes its throat, making sure that it will not fight back. He quickly pulls his blades out of the first victim and cuts down another. Sinag catches his third foe in the shoulder, causing it to drop its war pick with a muttered curse.

There's a lot of howling from the pain in their eyes and the cries for their fallen. "Get him!" a voice shouts from within the fungus grove around them...
OOC:
That leaves three duergar in front of the door, one of which is badly injured

Their turn!
load next

Thread locked