Chapter 6: Mantol-Derith

load previous
Oct 13, 2017 1:50 am
"I take it 'trade' means slaves." Mai'ngor sneers.
Oct 13, 2017 7:39 am
"Possibly," Meriele murmurs offhandedly, "But trade in a very general sense. House Mazelor establishes many of these connections outside of the city of spiders."
Oct 13, 2017 1:12 pm
"Mazelor doesn't have much might, but there money and connections make them a force to be reckoned with," Sarith says, "Try not to do anything to make them angry."
Oct 13, 2017 3:57 pm
Hunter turns away from the others, suppressing a sniffle, and dabs her eyes with her sleeve.
Oct 13, 2017 6:21 pm
"They should be the ones trying not to make us angry," I grumble to Mai’gnor.
Oct 13, 2017 6:33 pm
After waiting a few minutes, you see a small group, containing seven humans and a badly scarred beholder, approach the pavilion. The lead man comes up directly to the group and embraces Savy, "Savy, my friend, I'm glad that you could make it! This shan't take long and I will be back out to discuss matters with you and your companions," he finishes with a bow to the rest of you. He moves by and leads his entourage into the pavilion.
Oct 13, 2017 6:39 pm
Hunter barely acknowledges the new arrivals, lost in thought. She remains near the entrance to the pavilion, however, since there had been no indication that they needed to stay outside of range.
Oct 13, 2017 6:42 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Oct 13, 2017 6:45 pm
Hunter's eyes snap to the beholder's passage, as though just made aware of its existence, but she says nothing.
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson

Rolls

Secret Roll

Oct 14, 2017 11:26 am
Meriele studies the new arrivals carefully, keeping quiet until they have departed. Immediately after they have left, she turns to Hunter and asks, "What is wrong?"
Oct 14, 2017 4:56 pm
Hunter looks at Meriele, as though being made aware of the drow's presence for the very first time. "What?"

A glimmer of realization cascades across Hunter's features. "Oh. Nothing." She returns to waiting
Oct 14, 2017 11:13 pm
Meriele narrows her gaze in suspicion, and briefly looks to the others for any reaction or odd looks.
Oct 16, 2017 9:28 am
Seeing Meriele's glance, Poe shrugs, still staring after where the beholder was...that was a beholder, wasn't it? An actual beholder.
Oct 16, 2017 12:34 pm
The area is relatively quiet as the meeting is conducted within. Despite being so close to the pavilion, you are convinced that they are using magical means to prevent eavesdropping, since you can't hear anything from within. Suddenly, the flaps of the tent that they are in blow open and heat washes over you. Looking inside, you can see that the Zhentarim are in open battle against the drow and the ground is scorched from a detonating fireball.

The beholder is blasting the drows with his eye beams while the drow attempt to take down their foes. Ghazrim is on the ground, clutching his torn chest as his life-blood pours out. As you decide what to do, you see one of the drow warriors slice open the back of the tent and climb out.

Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Oct 16, 2017 2:38 pm
"There!" Mai'ngor hisses, pointing out the fleeing drow. "She has stolen something. She is our quarry." Without another word the tikbalang chases after the dark elf.
Oct 16, 2017 5:16 pm
I follow after the horseman, hoping to avoid whatever confrontation is taking place inside...
Oct 16, 2017 5:24 pm
Hunter curses, "Damn them to the Abyss!" She trusts Mai'ngor to handle the task, while she runs as fast as she can to Ghazrim on the ground, popping the stopper from one of her vials of healing. Amidst the battle, she pours the contents into Ghazrim's mouth to stave off the man's death.

Rolls

Potion of Healing - (2d4+2)

(33) + 2 = 8

Oct 16, 2017 10:27 pm
With Xeliss and Mai'ngor in pursuit of the fleeing Drow, Elfog unhooks his axe and moves to cover Hunter. "He going to make it?" he asks, keeping his eyes open for any threats.
Oct 17, 2017 6:42 am
Meriele curses at the fleeing drow, "Wael!" The archer narrows her gaze upon her quarry, and her eye flashes with an unnatural intensity. Immediately afterwards, she has her bow drawn, ready to aid the Beholder in its battle within the tent.
OOC:
If able, I'd like to cast Hunter's Mark on the fleeing drow.
Oct 17, 2017 9:24 am
Poe runs around the melee to get in sight of the fleeing drow, swinging her lyre down as she goes, and plays a single commanding chord then points at the dark elf.
[ +- ] Hold Person
load next

Thread locked