Character Creation Thread

load previous
Sep 8, 2017 11:55 am
@The_unknowns, unfortunately I just get 'No Character Found' when I try to look at your char. Could I get the basics please, Gender/Race/class?

Cheers :D
Sep 8, 2017 11:56 am
samshaw says:
@The_unknowns, unfortunately I just get 'No Character Found' when I try to look at your char. Could I get the basics please, Gender/Race/class?

Cheers :D
The_unknowns is a male gold dragonborn ranger :)
Sep 8, 2017 12:12 pm
Oooooooo

/goes off to google dragonborn...
Sep 13, 2017 6:44 pm
Submitted Fulgr Larungragga, human druid with a hermit background.
[ +- ] Fulgr Larungragga
Sep 13, 2017 7:50 pm
CancerMan says:
Submitted Fulgr Larungragga, human druid with a hermit background.
[ +- ] Fulgr Larungragga
Approved!

So, Phil, I was looking at Lael and noticed that you don't have a Proficiency Bonus listed. At level 1, it will be +2, which will apply to your proficient skills and attacks with your weapons (but not damage).

I'll let you go ahead and put it in there :)
Sep 13, 2017 9:04 pm
Submitted Mengyao, Human Hermit Monk from a place only they can pronounce who came out of retirement for this adventure.
http://www.chinesefilms.cn/mmsource/images/2012/12/18/d2a06ebd92774ac18e53a87621f7baef.jpg
Sep 14, 2017 3:11 am
I went ahead and added it to what I believe to be the proper field, and left a note on the sheet.
Sep 15, 2017 2:54 pm
Welcome Falcner! I see that you submitted a character, so I will go look at it now and offer feedback/corrections. Also, do you have the Player's Handbook, or are you using the Basic Rules?

1. Which domain did you pick for your cleric?

2. You only show as having three proficient skills. You should have four total. Two from background (Pg 37 basic rules) and two from class (Pg 20 basic rules)

3. You appear to be missing some equipment. Make sure to look over what your background gives you (Pg 37 basic rules) as well as what you get from your class (Pg 20 basic rules)

4. You will want to prepare 4 more level 1 cleric spells (Cleric Level (1) + Wisdom Modifier (3))

Go ahead and get that fixed up. Let me know if you have any questions and I will look it over again to see if there is anything else :)
Sep 18, 2017 1:11 pm
Thank you for looking over my sheet :) it was a crazy weekend but I will be making the those updates tonight.
Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Nice to see another cleric in the mix :)
Sep 19, 2017 12:21 am
Thanks! Hopefully I can keep everyone alive :)

I can use either as far as the PHB or the basic rules. I used the PHB to get my wood elf race.

I feel that I have adjusted/ fixed everything however I am not sure how/if I have to list my shield under weapons. Also I have choosen the Life Domain which I put in my notes section. If it should go somewhere else please let me know :)
Sep 20, 2017 2:23 pm
Falcner: Changes look good so far, just a couple tiny things.

1. I see you are using the chain mail, which is fine, but if you refer to the equipment section (Pg 44 Basic Rules):
[ +- ] Heavy Armor
Since your strength is only 8, you will reduce your speed by 10 feet. If you switch to Scale Mail (one of your options in the cleric section) you will lose a total of 1 AC, but will regain that 10 feet of movement speed.

2. I wouldn't bother listing the shield in the weapon section.

3. If you want to have easy access to your class features, you can list them under your Feats/Abilities section of the character sheet and then copy/paste the info into the notes for each feature.

4. A mace uses your strength modifier to hit and damage, so you will take a -1 to both of those. You will have a total +1 to hit with your mace (-1 from strength, +2 from proficiency), as well as a -1 to damage on attacks with it.

In addition to the mace, you also gain a light crossbow with 20 bolts OR any simple weapon.
Sep 20, 2017 6:00 pm
Definitely changed to scale mail and took my ac down to 17.

Love the tip on class features and will be doing that when I am not just on my phone lol.

I believe I fixed the attack and damage on the mace, honest I only have that so I can use the shield for the AC bonus. As far as the crossbow I am assuming I cannot use that and the shield at the same time?
Sep 20, 2017 6:06 pm
Falcner says:
I believe I fixed the attack and damage on the mace, honest I only have that so I can use the shield for the AC bonus. As far as the crossbow I am assuming I cannot use that and the shield at the same time?
That is correct. Crossbow is a two-handed weapon :)
Sep 20, 2017 8:07 pm
So... I think I am good lol... I also under notes added what languages I can speak cause that will probably be useful.
Nov 11, 2017 3:47 pm
I added some new backstory details to my Dragonborn ranger, you can check that out if you're interested.
Dec 5, 2017 9:22 am
Is the Human Variant allowed?
Dec 5, 2017 9:50 am
Jace.72 says:
Is the Human Variant allowed?
Yep. :-)
Dec 5, 2017 4:18 pm
Welcome Jace.72!

I'm looking over your character and have a couple of minor adjustments to recommend.

You should have a total of 5 skills to choose for proficiency. Athletics and Intimidation are automatically provided from your background as a Soldier. You get two more from being a Fighter (choose from the options available), and one from being a variant human.

We're restricting ourselves to your class's starting equipment, as well as anything provided by your background. You have a glaive and a longsword, which are allowed as part of your equipment, but if you take those two you won't be able to select shortbow. You do have access to a light crossbow or two handaxes.

The pitons, lantern, and oil are not part of the explorer's pack.

I didn't see anything about your 1st-level feature, Second Wind. If you always remember that you have it, that's fine; we usually add any features from class, race, or other source in the Feats/Abilities section.

You can also add more weapons to the Weapons sections (click "Add Weapon" to add another entry). Speaking of weapons, your Attack Bonus is your Ability Modifier plus Proficiency (if you're proficient, which as a Fighter you ought to be); this gives you a +5 to your attacks with Strength (3) plus Proficiency (2). Your Damage bonus is just your Ability Modifier, which if it's Strength is +3.

For your Magic Initiative spells (I assume you picked Wizard), adjust the ability for your 1st-level spell. You have Strength selected.

Looks good so far. If you haven't yet added an Avatar for your character, go ahead and find one.
Dec 5, 2017 6:10 pm
Happy to be here, and thanks again CancerMan. Since I am new to both 5e and the site I'm sure I messed something up, but i just submitted my character Linius on the game page. I am cooking up a good backstory now!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.