The Common Room - Small Talk

Jun 1, 2015 5:47 pm
A place for OOC/non-game related talk. This is the place for your questions, comments, notice of absences, etc.
Jun 1, 2015 8:43 pm
Hohoho! Glad to be here! :-D I was also going to play a fighter but Grendel beat me to it!
Jun 1, 2015 9:28 pm
I can be quick like that ;)
Jun 2, 2015 5:38 pm
Nice. I'm going to try to hit Origins next year. Looks like it would be a great time.
Jun 2, 2015 5:57 pm
My group has gone 3 years in a row. We play in the open gaming area only, no events. I'm in an online group with people from Georgia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan (Me). Had so much fun playing online that we meet there every year.
Jun 2, 2015 6:01 pm
That's awesome.

On another fun note: Keleth fixed my character submission problem so I'm good to go! Just need to pick a talent, and some kind of back story.
Jun 8, 2015 3:12 pm
Will throw something together tonight. Also wanted a fighter, but maybe an all-fighter group is a bad idea eh (or is it?!)?. What's a cultural bonus and how do I get one? :-D
Last edited June 8, 2015 3:36 pm
Jun 8, 2015 3:43 pm
In the caera section of the DS rulebook pg 143
Jun 8, 2015 3:45 pm
Play what you wish - understand a party without a healer will move through a story more slowly, and party death may be greater. I will have opportunity for replacement PCs to enter the story as required without too much delay
Jun 9, 2015 2:51 am
Bring him on and I'll approve.

Jabes - what you makin'?
Jun 9, 2015 4:09 am
Making a female Barbarian battle cleric with serious anger management issues :-D I have a question about bonus talents granted by culture: do level restrictions apply? Or does me 1st level character get Brutal Blow?
Jun 9, 2015 4:48 am
No, they don't. However, if you want to increase them later on, then you will have to respect the level restrictions.
Jun 10, 2015 11:56 am
Is a holy symbol required for healers like in D&D? Is healing magic divine in origin?
Jun 10, 2015 12:09 pm
They are not mentioned anywhere in the rules as being required. There is no stated origin for healer magic but I assume divine in my campaign.
Jun 10, 2015 12:16 pm
The barbarians of Umbarla worship a warrior-god named Varl (think Crom from Conan the Barbarian)

This is the Code of Varl
1. Never venture into the Ruins of Valsted
2. Honor your tribe and its laws
3. Be proud and true
4. Seek out the fight and never turn from a challenge
5. Always be prepared to fight
6. Always be prepared to look death in the face
7. Rage gives you strength
8. Never bend your knee before a stranger
9. Repay kindness with kindness and steel with steel
10. Be merciless against your opponent but honor his strength after the victory
11. Honor your ancestors through your heroics
12. Those who do not honor the tribe must be banished

Feel free to use or ignore or worship the deity of your choice
Jun 10, 2015 12:57 pm
Great stuff, thanks! My idea for Herja is that she's blessed with the talent for healing but she rejects the tribe's dictate that she become a medicine woman. Not waiting for the tribe to punish her for her defiance she sets out on her own to find her own destiny. I'd say she does honor Varl but still struggles with the healing gift. Just a warning to my fellow players, this hothead hottie is going to want to fight half the time she's supposed to be healing.
Jun 10, 2015 3:28 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Great stuff, thanks! My idea for Herja is that she's blessed with the talent for healing but she rejects the tribe's dictate that she become a medicine woman. Not waiting for the tribe to punish her for her defiance she sets out on her own to find her own destiny. I'd say she does honor Varl but still struggles with the healing gift. Just a warning to my fellow players, this hothead hottie is going to want to fight half the time she's supposed to be healing.
Great, so Esteber will die because the healer wants to fight instead of healing again... :P

Kidding. Nothing wrong with that so long as she remembers that when her allies hang by a thread, now's the time for healing instead of fighting. ;)
Jun 10, 2015 3:48 pm
kalajel says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Great, so Esteber will die because the healer wants to fight instead of healing again... :P

Kidding. Nothing wrong with that so long as she remembers that when her allies hang by a thread, now's the time for healing instead of fighting. ;)
Well, let's hope she learns to come to terms with her healing gift! :-D
Jun 10, 2015 4:36 pm
Just edited Bart on the character sheet/ character thread with his final TP and culture stuff.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.