Good evening

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 12, 2017 6:12 pm
I'm not new to table top games, I've been playing 40k since I was a teen, but I am relatively new to the RPG table top scene. I've only been playing D&D for maybe a year, and the games have been sporadic.

I'm most familiar with 5E but also have some idea of whats going on in Pathfinder. I've been interested in table top RPG's for years, but only recently have been able to start getting into it. Unfortunately it's also the time in my life where I have very little time. Fortunately I've been able to stay in a play by post game through discord, but I've been yearning for more. So here I am.

Hoping to get into a game relatively quickly. I love character creation.
Nov 12, 2017 6:31 pm
Welcome!
Nov 12, 2017 6:45 pm
Thank you.
Nov 12, 2017 7:33 pm
Welcome. I hope ya scratch that RP itch!
Nov 12, 2017 8:11 pm
The most recent DND 5e game I saw in the games list was from like July. Would they still be active if they have spots open?
Last edited November 12, 2017 8:11 pm
Nov 12, 2017 8:36 pm
Naatkinson is running a D&D 5e Boot Camp game that is still accepting players.
Nov 13, 2017 1:03 am
Welcome! Highly recommend the above. Also, ongoing games often have players drop out/disappear, so check out the Tavern for opportunities.
Nov 13, 2017 1:39 am
Welcome. The taverns the place to be!
Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm
Welcome Titan! As you're looking at the 5e games, are you sure you're not just looking at games with openings? By default, full games don't know in the search. I know a 5e game was made as recently as a few days ago. And you'll find a wide variety of systems on GP, many willing to teach to a new player; I'd recommend filling out your LFG and you'll get notified when a game of that type starts up!
Nov 13, 2017 2:32 pm
Welcome!
Nov 13, 2017 2:36 pm
Welcome!
Nov 13, 2017 4:31 pm
CancerMan says:
I've gone to the game, and applied, but nothing happens? I'm not sure if I'm annoying the crap out of someone by repeatedly pressing the button or if something isn't working properly. Is there no prompt after hitting apply to game?

Also, thanks everyone. Jabes was the person I saw comment about this place. I'll be sure to check out the tavern.
Nov 13, 2017 4:33 pm
Titan says:
CancerMan says:
I've gone to the game, and applied, but nothing happens? I'm not sure if I'm annoying the crap out of someone by repeatedly pressing the button or if something isn't working properly. Is there no prompt after hitting apply to game?

Also, thanks everyone. Jabes was the person I saw comment about this place. I'll be sure to check out the tavern.
Due to recent changes at work, I'm actually not accepting new players into this game :( My posting availability right now is making it hard for me to handle what I have right now without adding more on. If I get a spot open in one of my games, I will let you know, though!
Nov 13, 2017 4:35 pm
Naatkinson says:
Titan says:
CancerMan says:

Due to recent changes at work, I'm actually not accepting new players into this game :( My posting availability right now is making it hard for me to handle what I have right now without adding more on. If I get a spot open in one of my games, I will let you know, though!
Not a problem! Thanks for letting me know.
Nov 13, 2017 5:29 pm
Hey Titan! Welcome to the community! Where exactly did you see me mention GamersPlane? 5E games are being created all the time. Venatus: West Marches is accepting players. Happy gaming! :-)
Nov 13, 2017 8:39 pm
It was a geekdad blog post about getting your fix with pbp games.

Let me read the book of an intro and see what it's about :p.
Last edited November 13, 2017 8:40 pm
Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm
Titan says:
It was a geekdad blog post about getting your fix with pbp games.
If you happen to know the link to that, I'd love to see! ATM, can't find anything on google.
Nov 13, 2017 9:13 pm
https://geekdad.com/2017/02/play-by-post-gaming/

Also, I'm not very familiar with the West marches setting. Is there anything I should keep in mind? Also, I applied.
Last edited November 13, 2017 9:14 pm
Nov 13, 2017 11:10 pm
Hello and welcome.
Nov 15, 2017 4:15 pm
Welcome!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.