Well met!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 19, 2017 9:29 am
Hi everyone.

I am Chingo Chaplo. I've recently arrived with a small group of players and friends from another site and set up a game which will be the second campaign that they play in one of my homebrew worlds.

I've been a roleplaying enthusiast for many years and I enjoy world-building, campaign-crafting and GM'ing as much as I enjoy being a player, though it is rarer that I get to enjoy the latter.

I've used paizo's forums and Mythweavers before for pbp, but circumstances have lead me to search for a new site for my gaming needs, and I was lucky to stumble upon a recommendation of your site in the comments section of a roleplaying podcast.

Rich narratives, interesting characters and immersive story-telling are more important to me than combat and gaining experience points. I like choice and freedom as well as well-woven story and I enjoy when GMs and players both do their best to create an interesting and entertaining game with a healthy pace.

I am currently hosting one game which is full, and am prepping a campaign in one of my homebrew worlds that will hopefully be ready within a month or so and will accept applications from Gamers Plane's player base.

I also hope to find some games that I can join as a player.

Looking forward to getting to know you and to play some awesome games with you!

Kind Regards,
Chingo Chaplo
Last edited November 19, 2017 9:30 am
Nov 19, 2017 11:49 am
Welcome! It's always lovely to have new people join. Thanks for bringing your friends with you.
Nov 19, 2017 12:08 pm
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you all will be a great addition to the community. When you get your 2nd game up I suggest posting it in the Gamers Tavern. Gets the best traction there.
Nov 19, 2017 1:22 pm
Welcome ChingoChaplo! Glad to have you and your friends on board. What sort of systems are you interested in? And given your experience with other PbP sites, I'd love to hear from you what Gamers' Plane does better/worse.
Nov 19, 2017 2:14 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome to all of you! :)

@aaron - Will definitely post an ad in the Gamers Tavern when the time comes.

@Keleth - Well, I am most familiar with D20 systems but all systems have interest. Currently, I have the 5E core books, the Symbaroum core book and some Shadowrun 4E books on my computer.

Regarding better/worse than other sites, I'm still new to the site, but early impressions: Gamers' Plane has a neat, minimalistic/modern and sleek design/layout that I really like; I like the way you can set up subforums within your forum, the dice roller and that you can add images to your posts.

The negatives so far, are that there are some errors when creating 3.5 sheets.

Suggestions for improvements: I'd like to be able to change the size and positioning (left of text, right of text) of images and I'd like to be able to change the size and type of font as well. Those are my immediate thoughts. But all in all, very nice site!

From what I've understood, you are the main guy behind it Keleth? Great job! :)
Last edited November 19, 2017 2:18 pm
Nov 19, 2017 4:33 pm
Welcome Chingo Chaplo! It is great to hear that new people come with an experienced eye of what they need and finding it here on Gamers Plane.

Lots of D&D of various varieties gets played here, but I have seen only marginal interest in Symbaroum. I tried unsuccessfully to start one a few months ago, and a few weeks past someone else tried, but we haven't found the traction/attraction yet. Symbaroum is something that I would run if you were interested and wanted to be a player. And if we could find two or more other players.
Nov 19, 2017 4:39 pm
Welcome!
Nov 19, 2017 5:55 pm
Thank you Qralloq and CancerMan.

@Qralloq - I'd definitely be down to play some Symbaroum. I think it's an awesome setting and a nice system. I don't think any of my current players have the book, but I will check to see if there is any interest.
Nov 19, 2017 7:08 pm
ChingoChaplo says:

@Qralloq - I'd definitely be down to play some Symbaroum. I think it's an awesome setting and a nice system. I don't think any of my current players have the book, but I will check to see if there is any interest.
Sweet, let me know if any of your players are interested. If they don't have the book, maybe we can give them pre-generated characters.
Nov 19, 2017 8:05 pm
Welcome Chingo!
Nov 20, 2017 1:36 am
Welcome!
Nov 21, 2017 2:39 am
Hello and welcome!
Nov 21, 2017 3:54 pm
Hello and welcome.
Nov 22, 2017 7:16 am
Thank you for the welcome everyone! :)

@Qralloq - So far, no luck. I am still in whenever though!
Nov 22, 2017 9:36 am
@Qralloq - Looks like I have a couple of interested players after all. Do you have a premise in mind?
Nov 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Welcome, ChingoChaplo! I've been curious about Symbaroum ever since I saw the concept art but am clueless about the system. If it's easy to learn and I can make do without the rulebook then I'd be interested. :-)
Nov 22, 2017 4:00 pm
ChingoChaplo says:
@Qralloq - Looks like I have a couple of interested players after all. Do you have a premise in mind?
I have a couple in mind.
1) "dip your toes in and smell the edges of the world of Symbaroum" or
2) "throw the mofos into the deep end".

Which do you think you would all prefer?
Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm
@Jabes - Thank you Jabes. It's quite easy in my opinion, and I believe Qralloq mentioned pre-generated characters. I can try to find some youtube videos on the setting and the rules for you, so you can get a better impression of what it is like. Basically, Jarnringen (the publishers) have apparently mastered the art of self-limitation and making a lot of a little, both when it comes to the setting and the rules. That doesn't mean it does not have depth, only that it is presented in such a way that it is straightforward and easy to get an overview of things, both when it comes to the setting and the rules.

@Qralloq - Hmm. "Throw the mofos into the deep end" sounds tempting, but I'm not sure the game would last very long considering the lethality of the system and all. "Dip your toes in and smell the edges of the world" would probably work best for starters.
Nov 23, 2017 4:39 pm
Hey Jabes and ChingoChapo, I'll set up the game this weekend and invite you both to it. Ill also set it up for 6 players but I'm happy with 2 or 3 to proceed.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.