Easthaven

load previous
Nov 26, 2017 6:54 pm
Ug eyes the blood warily and pulls and grips a hand ace at his waisted (his great axe would he much to cumbersome in the small cellar. Not exactly known for stealth, he looks at Father Tulfgyr on how to proceed.
Nov 26, 2017 6:56 pm
Maverick steps outside the Winter's Cradle and sees a fair amount of bustling activity for the small fishing village. There are children playing tag in the open, muddy area that passes for the center square. Weary-eyed fishermen stoically make preparations to get their small fishing boats out onto the lake. Women carrying baskets and laundry pass here and there. Life in Ten Towns requires hard work, and these people in Easthaven are getting right back to business after their leisure from the night before.

Jhonen is a bit of an odd duck here, and it takes Maverick only a few minutes of questioning the other locals to find him alone on a pier, staring out over Lac Dinneshere. He appears lost in thought, and doesn't seem to notice the gnome's approach.
Nov 26, 2017 7:11 pm
Father Tulfgyr cautiously removes a mace hidden in his brown priestrobes before dropping them too to the ground revealing a dwarf with a stocky chest and wide shoulders and a thick coat of mail. at his wrist the coat of mail end just short revealing colourful runic tattoos snaking up and under the mail before emerging at his collar but stopping just short of the neck. Tulfgyr skin is old and weather beaten but is still filled with strength. Tulfgyr reaches for his shield on his back but realizes he left it upstairs at the table. Accounting for the loss of his shield he holds his mace in a defensive stance extended in front of him. Tulfgyr's mace is a small steel ball with eight flangs potruding from it in equal distances from each other. The flangs are dark steel that get progressivly more polished and white the closer to the ball they get till they merge with an unblemished ball of the whitest white a steel can take " probably just the cat eating a rat....or a rat eating the cat" Tulfgyr whispers to Ug

Rolls

sneak - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Nov 26, 2017 7:29 pm
OOC:
please dont be dead please dont be dead please dont be dead
Father Tulfgyr motions for the goliath to cut off escape routes while tulfgyr flushes him out. Tulfgyr trusts that Ug will under stand his basic signals do to Ugs days in the underdark.
OOC:
If Ug agrees then tulfgyr moves in
Nov 26, 2017 7:33 pm
Al does her best not to scowl at the man but takes the letter a little too brusquely. She was halfway out the door before she remembered that she had not yet paid for the night. She walks back to Quimby and places the payment in his hand.
"The bed was very comfortable. I'll be staying at least another night, I reckon." She says sheepishly, and left the inn. She stops on the porch to read the letter, hyperaware that she was trying extra hard to look casual, though who should see her, and why she would care if they did, she hadn't a clue. She grumbles some more insults at herself and opens the envelope.
Last edited November 26, 2017 7:34 pm
Nov 26, 2017 7:36 pm
Ug eases back to block the path back to the steps. he grabs a second hand axe from his waist and nods to the dwarf. He flexes his large muscles.

Rolls

Readies intimidation - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Nov 26, 2017 7:47 pm
Maverick moves cautiously twards Jhonen as not to startle the man. clearing his throat before he speaks the gnome tries to casually begin a conversation "saw you at the tavern last night. Intriguing things you were asking me about last night thats for sure" he inspects what Jhonen is wearing, trying to look casual as he scans the man over for any weapons he may have. "i would be willing for further discussion somewhere a little more private if possible" he says before also turning to look into the great exspance of Lac Dinneshere
Nov 26, 2017 8:20 pm
Tulfgyr and Ug - Father Tulfgyr rounds the corner of shelves, mace at the ready and Ug close behind. On the floor before him is a curious sight: bones from a small animal, covered in a red filmy substance and scattered among matted clumps of fur. There is only a moment to inspect the remains, but it is enough to recognize the slimy skull of a cat.

The scratching sound comes overwhelmingly loud, ground beneath Tulfgyr and Ug erupts suddenly as swarms of strangely colored beetles swarm out of the dirt floor and up the dwarf's legs, seeking vulnerable flesh! The beetles find purchase on Tulfgyr's skin, biting down and injecting poison into the old cleric. Fortunately, Father Tulfgyr is able to fight off most of the effects of the poison.
OOC:
Here's the outcome after all that math. Father Tulfgyr takes 9 piercing damage, and then only 4 poison damage due to passing the saving throw and also being resistant to poison damage.
OOC:
Tulfgyr and Ug, you two are up!

Rolls

Swarm bites - (1d20+6)

(13) + 6 = 19

Swarm damage - (2d6)

(63) = 9

Tulfgyr Constitution save vs poison - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Tulfgyr Constitution save vs poison (advantage from Dwarven Resilience) - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Poison damage - (4d6)

(6151) = 13

Nov 26, 2017 8:35 pm
Maverick - As Maverick gets closer he can hear Jhonen humming softly to himself, as if trying to remember a forgotten song. "Hmmmm... eh? Oh! Sorry, friend... I didn't see you standing there. Just taking in the view of the lake for a bit. It's beautiful, isn't it? But I really need to get some fishing done, it's just been hard to concentrate. Join me on my fishing boat? Might as well get some work done while we chat, and it's as private a location as you could want in Easthaven." He gestures towards one of the rowboats.
Nov 26, 2017 8:52 pm
Alalla - The letter is written in a flowing, elegant hand.

Dear Alalla,

I hope you find this invitation neither egregious nor presumptuous. It would be my pleasure to have you join me this morning on the east bridge out of town for some sport and a light breakfast. I hope today you'll find that not only am I a better challenge than I presented last night, but also a decent cook in my own right. I await you patiently.

Sincerest regards,
Erevain
Nov 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Seeing his dwarf friend in dire straights, Beetles infesting a culinary food cellar, and realizing axes may not be the best of use, Ug did the next best thing a 327 lb Goliath could do in such confined spaces. . . He bounded in stomping his massive feet.

Ug activates stone endurance, reducing damage taken by d12 plus a constitution of 5.
Last edited November 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Rolls

Stomping damage (one roll per foot) - (2d6+5)

(16) + 5 = 12

Stomp to hit - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Stomp damage - (1d6+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Nov 26, 2017 9:28 pm
raging against the swarm Tulfgyr slams his foot into the swarm

Rolls

inflict wounds spell - (1D20+2, 3d10)

1D20+2 : (7) + 2 = 9

3d10 : (448) = 16

Nov 26, 2017 9:31 pm
OOC:
The beetles have an AC of 14 or higher. If your Attack roll (1d20+5) hits then roll some damage. Beetle-stomping with goliath feet probably comes out to 1d6+3 bludgeoning damage.
Nov 26, 2017 9:43 pm
OOC:
should i reroll?

Rolls

reroll? - (1D20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Nov 26, 2017 9:49 pm
OOC:
my previous comment was for Ug. Sorry, Father, your spell misses!
Nov 26, 2017 9:54 pm
OOC:
father Tulfgyr uses his inspiration point to reroll the spell

Rolls

Inspiration! - (1D20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Nov 26, 2017 9:55 pm
Tulfgyr's wounding spell misses, but as Ug begins stomping away the beetles turn to him.
OOC:
The beetles do 6 piercing damage to Ug, but he resists their poison so forcefully that he takes NO poison damage.

Rolls

Swarm bites - (1d20+6)

(16) + 6 = 22

Piercing damage - (2d6)

(24) = 6

Ug constitution saving throw vs poison - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Poison damage - (4d6)

(2212) = 7

Nov 26, 2017 9:56 pm
OOC:
if you want me to reroll damage too (prev damage was 16)

Rolls

damage - (3d10)

(518) = 14

Nov 26, 2017 10:03 pm
OOC:
Father - you can spend inspiration this time, but in the future it will be simpler to stick to the normal rule that advantage isn't just a reroll after the fact. You have to declare you're using it before you roll. Otherwise the retcon is too confusing.
OOC:
Ug - reduce the damage you took by your Stone's Endurance roll
Nov 26, 2017 10:05 pm
OOC:
sorry I just got too excited!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.