Easthaven

load previous
Nov 28, 2017 9:49 pm
Ug smiles and unstraps his battle axe, "Ug happy to help fight big kitty" He calls back, and hurries forward leaving massive footprints behind in the snow.
Nov 28, 2017 9:55 pm
Erevain winks at Alalla, and then leaps forward to attack, elven blade snaking through the air - but as quickly as the strike comes the elf is forced to dance away or get skewered on Al's glaive. "Even in this dreary weather, I feel much lighter on my feet out under the sun than stuck cramped in a tavern corner. I promise to fight better today than I did last night."

Rolls

Sword slash - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Nov 28, 2017 10:22 pm
Maverick - Your bat appears from your beard with a sneeze, and then looks at you with a long-suffering expression. After giving it instructions, you hear its voice in your mind say, "Yes, master. I obey." This is followed by a telepathic yawn. It crawls through the hole in the door.

Inside the shop is a complete mess of knocked-over shelves, an overturned table, scattered tools, and chewed scrimshaw. The bat notices something interesting: a great armoire toppled over and blocking what seems to be a large hole chewed in the floorboards. The bat has little time to see much else before an enormous white wolf closes in for the kill. The last thing the bat sees before the jaws close around it are savage, icy blue eyes. "Oh no, not again." This is a winter wolf - as much monster as beast.

Apsel is more artisan than laborer, and certainly not a warrior, but he follows your instructions and attempts to brace the door. With his aid, you may have a better chance of holding the door shut.
OOC:
Maverick, make an Strength (Athletics) check with advantage.
Nov 28, 2017 10:41 pm
Maverick braces himself against the door with Apsel waiting to see if he his familiar will answer him. he gets impatient and asks "hey buddy you see anything?"
OOC:
here are those rolls
Last edited November 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Rolls

Athletics check - (1d20-1)

(5) - 1 = 4

Athletics check - (1d20-1)

(18) - 1 = 17

Nov 28, 2017 11:01 pm
OOC:
I'm assuming that Maverick can tell when his familiar is dead, and probably 'see' how it died.
Maverick and Apsel feel a testing scrape against the door, but working together are able to keep it from opening. There is a moment of silence, and then they can hear heavy breathing coming from the hole where the lock used to be. Crisp, frigid air, colder than the wind outside, flows with visible chill from the hole with each canine breath. It almost seems as though the beast is waiting... thinking...

Fortunately, Ug (and Zenithral and Father Tulfgyr?) arrive at the scene to help.

Rolls

Winter wolf strength check to force the door open - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Nov 28, 2017 11:22 pm
Startled by the vision of his familiars last moments Maverick pushes against the door with all his might and frantically looks at Apsel "Its a winter wolf!" he then turns as much as he's able to without moving from the door to see if Zenithral is anywhere to be seen with or without reinforcements
Nov 28, 2017 11:29 pm
"What?!" Apsel cries. "I thought those were just a myth!" He starts to edge away from the door, a look of panic on his face.

Rolls

Apsel save vs fear - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Nov 28, 2017 11:39 pm
seeing the man edging away from the door Maverick calls to him "You need to stay strong until help arrives, get back to the door right now!" without any other options and with the hope that the town is small enough for Alla, Ug, the Father, and Zenithral to hear him, the Svirfneblin lets out a mighty yell "QUICKLY THE DOOR WON'T HOLD MUCH LONGER I NEED HELP NOW!"
Last edited November 28, 2017 11:40 pm

Rolls

persuasion to get Apsel back on the door - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Nov 28, 2017 11:43 pm
Apsel listens to Maverick's words and tries to summon up the courage to stay. Realizing that Maverick is only there because he himself asked the gnome for help, Apsel grits his teeth and puts his shoulder firmly against the door. In spite of the chill in the air, sweat pours down his face.

Rolls

Wisdom save - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Nov 28, 2017 11:58 pm
Ug hears the call of the gnome over the winds of snow. His smile dissapears and his instincts kick in. He sprints towards sound with the thunderous fury of a goliath. He had heard a plea like that before, he would not be too late this time. "YOUR BOW ELF! " he roars to zenithral.

He sees the gnome and human pushing for their lives against the straining door. That is no kitty
Last edited November 29, 2017 12:07 am

Rolls

Increase speed - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Nov 29, 2017 12:26 am
Careening through Easthaven like a crazed minotaur, Ug builds up some crazy momentum.
OOC:
Ug, if you attack the winter wolf while charging, you can do so with disadvantage - but if you hit it will automatically be a critical hit (calculated by doing your normal damage roll, but add your maximum weapon damage die on top of it: 1d12+3+12)
Nov 29, 2017 12:36 am
Realizing he is being pushed by the winter winds themselves and with horrific memories screaming within himself Ug enters a Rage. "MOVE" he bellows at the gaping man and gnome as grips his great axe in a wild fury and barrels down as an avalanching behometh of fury.
Last edited November 29, 2017 12:40 am
Nov 29, 2017 12:42 am
Hearing the thundering command of the goliath behind him Maverick dives into Apsel tackling them at the very least out of the way.
OOC:
uh oh
Last edited November 29, 2017 12:43 am

Rolls

Athletics check for getting out of Ug's path - (1d20-1)

(5) - 1 = 4

Nov 29, 2017 12:51 am
Maverick's frantic tackle is less than elegant, and Apsel ends up with a gnome knee in the face and is knocked out cold - though safely out of the way of the rampaging goliath. Maverick gets tripped up and is knocked prone (also safely out of the way).

With both Maverick and Apsel gone from the door, the winter wolf finally shoulders the door open - just in time for Ug's entrance.
Nov 29, 2017 1:04 am
In a hurtling mass of body and axe Ug swings his axe down with all his might.

Rolls

Axe swing - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Nov 29, 2017 1:06 am
OOC:
sorry I can only get on after five
Father Tulfgyr places the helm In Hrothgars hands " Pomab thinks that I robbed him but I was only trying to help. I keep trying to give the helm back but he won’t take it! What should I do hrothgar? I am so sorry for any problems I’ve caused It is undeed causing a great stress on my mind" Father Tulfgyr blabbers on like a dam releasing water
Nov 29, 2017 1:07 am
OOC:
Thats a hit!
Nov 29, 2017 1:11 am
OOC:
Ok so damage is 9+8+3+18= 38. Holy Dang.
Al smiles as the elf attempts to dodge her blow. Flirting was hard for her to handle, but elven blades and the warriors wielding them were not. She flips her glaive around at the last second, using the momentum of the move to smack Erevain's sword from his hand with the heavy metal-capped butt of her weapon, then lunges in to hit him squarely in the chest. Erevain's sword falls to the ground and Erevain himself is only a fraction of a second behind it, landing a couple feet away, winded. It takes Alalla a second more to realize that he wasn't just springing up as she expected him to, and that he was gasping for air.
"Blood and ashes!" Al runs over to him, aghast. "I thought you were ready!" She holds her hand out to him to help him up.
"Killing the man is a great way to start a date." She groans inwardly. "If it is a date. He probably just wanted a rematch after last night." She barely keeps from rolling her eyes.
"Well if it isn't you won't get one now! Orcish thug that you are.
Last edited July 30, 2018 6:34 am

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Damage - (1d10+1, 1d8+3)

1d10+1 : (9) + 1 = 10

1d8+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

Nov 29, 2017 1:17 am
"For mama!!!"

Rolls

Critical hit - (1d12+15)

(7) + 15 = 22

Nov 29, 2017 1:17 am
Father Tulfgyr pauses for a second between breaths and hears a distinct crash "... did you hear that?" he says to Hrothgar
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.