Easthaven

load previous
Nov 29, 2017 1:18 am
Hrothgar, momentarily at a loss for words, looks down at Father Tulfgyr. Finally he pats the dwarf reassuringly on the shoulder and says, "Trust me, dwarf. Pomab would never let go something he actually thought was valuable. That man is one Easthaven would do better without. You should find no shame in holding onto it. If it truly troubles you, just consider it a charitable donation to a servant of the Morninglord. It may be the only charitable thing Pomab has done in his life." Hrothgar says the last with a wink, and then looks up with a start. "Is that a *gnome* I hear screaming?"
Nov 29, 2017 1:25 am
With the adrenaline crashing through his veins Maverick shouts the invocation spell for Armour of Shadows to protect himself before realizing he had knocked Apsel unconscious. the gnome begins dragging the man away from where the wolf and goliath were locked in combat to relative safety before running back to help Ug who had done nothing short of saving the svirfneblins life.
Last edited November 29, 2017 1:29 am
Nov 29, 2017 1:26 am
Feeling like a massive weight has been lifted from his shoulders Father Tulfgyr puts on the helm and draws his mace with renewed strength, "shall we?" Father Tulfgyr says to Hrothgar like a cool guy not looking at an explosion
Last edited November 29, 2017 1:27 am

Rolls

For maximum coolness - (1D20)

(13) = 13

Nov 29, 2017 1:32 am
The mighty axe blow shears clear through the winter wolf's front leg, severing the limb. The monster howls in fury and pain, and opens its maw to breathe freezing air over Ug (and Maverick's foot that is unfortunately close). Both Ug and Maverick manage to get out of the way of the brunt of the blast, taking only half damage - 7 cold damage each.

Rolls

Ug dexterity saving throw - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Ug dexterity saving throw (advantage from Danger Sense) - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Maverick Dex saving throw - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Maverick Dex save (advantage from only foot in area) - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Winter wolf cold breath damage - (4d8)

(5334) = 15

Nov 29, 2017 1:39 am
Hrothgar thinks Father Tulfgyr is a lot cooler than when he met him in the tavern yesterday.
Nov 29, 2017 1:46 am
Father Tulfgyr exits the house into the cold wastes and investigates the disturbance
Nov 29, 2017 1:47 am
OOC:
Here's how this is going to work. Everybody present (everybody but Alalla should be there) can have 1 turn now, then it is the wolf's turn.
Winter wolf
HP 53/75
AC 13
Conditions: speed halved from missing leg
Nov 29, 2017 1:49 am
Imbued with the power of the gods Tulfgyr smashes into the wolf with mace and shield
HP: 13/26
Last edited November 29, 2017 3:40 am

Rolls

Inflict wounds - (1d20+3, 3D10)

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

3D10 : (445) = 13

Nov 29, 2017 2:05 am
Maverick managages to get his foot away from the freezing maw just in time to escape with a few cold toes. double checking to make sure Apsel is out of harms way the gnome springs into action summoning the hands of the dead with chill touch underneath the massive winter wolf.

Rolls

For chill touch (ranged attack) - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

If chill touch hits - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Nov 29, 2017 2:11 am
The skeletal hand shoots up from the ground suddenly grabbing the wolf which yelps in surprise. A crazed look enters Mavericks eyes upon seeing the success of the spell before him, watching as the hand he summoned begins to drain the life force out of the creature.
Last edited November 29, 2017 2:12 am
Nov 29, 2017 2:18 am
Gasping from the cold rippling across his chest Ug howls and bears his teeth at the beast while swinging once more

Rolls

Axe swing - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Slicing damafe - (1d12+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Nov 29, 2017 3:05 am
Erevain, flat on his back, gasps for breath. For a moment he thinks he sees stars in the gray sky above. What a blow... what a woman! He sits up gingerly, hand on his side. "I... *cough* ... I think you broke a rib." He looks up at Al through blurry eyes, and can't help smiling like a fool at the concern on her face. That face...

He gladly takes her hand and climbs to his feet, and can't help but notice that her hands are actually smoother than he'd expected. Grunting through the pain - he'd had worse... maybe - he says, "So... how about that breakfast?"
Nov 29, 2017 3:31 am
"YOUR BOW ELF!" Ug roars at Zenithral.

"Half-elf!" Zenithral yells back, already knocking an arrow. Seeing Ug is set on smashing straight through the door, he stops running to ready his bow. Unfortunately, the snow and ice beneath him didn't agree. His legs slide out from underneath him and crashes to the snow. Dazed, he hears a crash. Zenithral climbs to his feet as Father Tulfgyr charges past and greets the winter wolf with his mace.

Zenithral scowls at his own carelessness and whips his hair out of his face. He takes a deep, chilled breath, knocking and drawing an arrow as he calls upon his arcane training. Bright, purple energy spirals around his arm and into the arrows gleaming arrowhead. Zenithral fires, taking care to avoid his allies who are in the fray.
OOC:
On a hit, Zenithral uses Banishing Arrow
HP: 25/25
Last edited November 29, 2017 3:31 am

Rolls

Longbow (Attack) - (1d20+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Longbow (Damage) - (1d8+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Nov 29, 2017 3:40 am
OOC:
Ug, I added in an extra 2 damage each for your hits since you're Raging.
The huge wolf - roughly the size of a horse - staggers under the mighty blows. With such wounds it would be better to flee, but in it's condition it has no choice but to continue the fight. It lets out a ferocious, chilling growl and leaps at the largest threat - Ug. It attempts to bite into his shoulder, but the goliath barbarian's muscles prove stronger than the weakened wolf's jaws.
OOC:
End wolf's turn. Finish him off! First come, first served.
Winter Wolf
HP: 23/75
AC: 13
Conditions: speed halved from severed leg

Rolls

Cold Breath Recharge (5-6) - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Bite - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Nov 29, 2017 3:53 am
Father Tulfgyr Praising the gods with every strike slams his Mace into the Monstrosity skull
Last edited November 29, 2017 3:53 am

Rolls

purging the monster - (1D20+4, 3d10)

1D20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

3d10 : (158) = 14

Nov 29, 2017 4:00 am
OOC:
crap I wanted to second lvl inflict wounds

Rolls

purging the monster 2.0 - (1d10)

(3) = 3

Nov 29, 2017 4:04 am
Impressed with himself that his muscles thwarted the jagged jaws of a winter wolf attack and with adrenaline rushing Ug swings once more
Last edited November 29, 2017 4:18 am

Rolls

Axe swing - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Slicing damage - (1d12+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Nov 29, 2017 4:22 am
Between Father Tulfgyr's divine magic and Ug's greataxe the beast is brought low, snarling its last breath!

Apsel stirs, seeing the aftermath of the battle. He stands, amazed at the heroes' handiwork. "You killed it! My friends, the wolf is no more! I am now a happy man." He turns to Zenithral, though his smile takes in all of the party. "Thank you for helping me. I'm afraid with the damage done to my workshop that I don't have much to offer, but please, take this dagger." He hands the half-elf a dagger, the hilt made of scrimshaw carved intricately into the shape of a falcon. It's obvious the blade is not magical, but it should still be worth about 80 gold pieces, perhaps more to a collector of the rare fish bone. Apsel then sets about cleaning up the mess the monster made of his shop.
Nov 29, 2017 4:22 am
OOC:
140 XP to each player for dealing with the winter wolf, and another 100 each for aiding Apsel. 1,530 XP as a current total for each player?
Nov 29, 2017 4:24 am
Father Tulfgyr Lets out a victorious shout between Dwarven and surprisingly elven religious chants to celebrate fighting in truly glorious combat to the death with his comrade Ug that they dueled with the wolf monstrosity in a mass of sweat and blood.
Last edited November 29, 2017 4:28 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.