Easthaven

load previous
Jan 14, 2018 8:12 pm
Alalla follows him in and leans against the wall, muscular arms folded, one ankle crossed over the other. She manages to keep from rolling her eyes at his wink."'Not so bad' can turn into 'worse' if you don't see to it properly." She retorts. She sighs slightly and softens her voice. "I'm glad the boy is safe, and we are always better off a few goblins shorter. What is the Retreat?"
Last edited January 14, 2018 8:12 pm
Jan 14, 2018 8:41 pm
Tempus stares a few moments longer into Tulfgyr's eyes, and then says, "Yes, I can see what he sees in you." The Foehammer turns away and pulls a bottle of dwarven 'holy water' out of Tulfgyr's pack. "He's got plans for you, you know. Probably doesn't like that I'm here." He pops the cork off and takes a long swallow, then wipes his mouth. "Still, can't blame a god for trying. Great stuff, by the way. I need more dwarves in my service." He downs the rest of it and tosses the empty bottle to Tulfgyr.

"In truth, you did well tonight. Everard is mine, and I claim him, but he has yet to learn his most important lessons. There's a reason he's commands this post, and it's not because he has a gimp leg." Tempus cocks his head as though listening, then turns his stare back to Tulfgyr. "Old Lathander says I need to leave. But know this, Father Tulfgyr: You will always be welcome among the ranks of my clergy. I'll even send you some help from time to time. Consider it a job offer." He flashes a wolfish grin, then slams down the visor of his helm and walks out the door.
Jan 14, 2018 10:03 pm
With a full stomach and a full heart from time with friends, Ug heads out into the snow chilled air and gives a stretch and a massive Goliath yawn. nothing is better than good food and good friends . . . And good ale.. With the ale mixing In with this mood, Ug was invincible and would continue to protect this village, and all its mothers, no matter what damnation came for it. Finishing his stretch ug notices a light in the town still on. Odd that . . . mother of ug that was the ugly faced merchants place. Speaking of damnation, an ugly wretch like that couldn't be up to any good at this hour.
Last edited January 14, 2018 10:55 pm

Rolls

Stealth roll - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Perception - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Jan 14, 2018 10:21 pm
Ug peaks through one of ponabs windows but is unable to see a thing. His ale and his anger at the (insert gnomish curse) of a merchant propel him a forward. He HAD to know what the sonofanorcishbackside was up to. In a feat that defies all physics and sober logic, Ug's massive form dissolves into the midnight darkness and he became invisible to even the most discerning gods and men. He moves his enormous body nimbly and soundlessly through the emporium window, with neither the world - nor himself- knowing what in the nine hells he was trying to do.
Last edited January 14, 2018 10:54 pm
Jan 14, 2018 11:05 pm
"There are many elves who believe that our time in this land has come to an end. The remains of our ancient cities dot the land, either lying in ruins or buried beneath human improvements. Twenty years ago the leaders of the elven people decreed that we should leave and make our way to Evermeet to live with our gods." He looks away. "Not all of us agree with that sentiment, but thousands of my people have left."
OOC:
300 XP for learning some extra Lore of the world! 4,360? Added to the Lore section.
"For my own part, there is still so much here in Faerun that I have not seen. How can I leave without having seen all that this place has to offer, the wonders to behold? And so I've spent my time traveling, from Evereska to Amn, and all along the Sword Coast. Most recently I came through the Kuldahar Pass on my way through the Spine of the World, and arrived here in Icewind Dale." He gestures to the frosted window on the wall and chuckles, then groans again. "Perhaps I should have passed. Evermeet is bound to be warmer!"

His expression sobers, and he speaks more softly. "These days I'm not sure why I keep going. What friends and family I had are gone, and adventure for adventure's sake no longer holds my attention. Each new vista brings me less enjoyment." He leans forward on his arms and meets Alalla's eyes. "On arriving in Easthaven I had thought there was no beauty worth seeing left in Faerun. And then I met you."
Jan 14, 2018 11:31 pm
Alalla listens politely until the last comment. Her mouth falls open just before her foot slips, causing her to fall onto her butt with a THUD. She jumps back up to her feet and moves quickly to the open doorway. "Okay, I don't think you should talk anymore until you are treated for a concussion. Maybe blood loss too. I'll go get Father Tulfgyr." She retreats into the hallway towards Father Tulgyr's room.
"Smooth, Alalla."
She knocks on his door. "Father Tulfgyr? Would you please come see to Erevain? He's been injured. Uh, again."
"He's going to think you have it out for the guy."
Last edited January 14, 2018 11:36 pm
Jan 14, 2018 11:45 pm
what a night tulfgyr thinks to himself as he re arranges his pack but first checking if anything new has appeared
Jan 14, 2018 11:53 pm
Ug slips into the store completely unheard and unseen. As he creeps closer to Pomab, he sees the Calishite merchant squinting with tired eyes over inventory ledgers, jotting down the occasional note. "Probably shouldn't have bothered ordering that much oil... should have ordered rope. Can't ever have too much rope... If that blasted caravan had arrived on time I might have been able to make one last order. It will never happen now, no caravan will risk the trade routes this close to winter..."
Jan 15, 2018 12:01 am
Erevain belatedly reaches out a hand towards Alalla as she makes a hasty exit. The poor elf seems quite addled from his ordeal today.
Jan 15, 2018 12:51 am
Realizing that pomab isnt doing anything too shadey at the moment, either Ug's inebriation or something more compels him to do what any invisible hammered barbarian Goliath would do in his arch nemesis' evil lair.
Jan 15, 2018 12:56 am
"pooooomab" ug giggles from his hiding place, his voice eerily echos through out the room. He giggles more realizing pooooomab sounds like poooooo before you say mab.

why do you anger the gods ugly pooooomab?" he giggles again.
Last edited January 15, 2018 1:06 am

Rolls

Deception - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Jan 15, 2018 1:27 am
Father Tulfgyr jump a little at the knock not realizing how tense he was after his visit. "oh my... yes yea of course be right there" tulfgyr says as he grabs his medical gear and head out the door to erevains room "al I need a spoon... a metal spoon and make it shiny" he adds as he opens the door
Jan 15, 2018 2:07 am
Alalla blinks, "Uh, sure. She runs to her room to grab her travel cutlery, and shines the spoon on her shirt as she runs back to Father Tulfgyr. "Will this be fine? It's fairly shiny."
Jan 15, 2018 2:10 am
Pomab's head slowly raises, and he looks about, eyes wide. "Wh...who's there?" He stands up and puts his back to a wall. He pulls a wand out of his vest. "I warn you, I am a m-mage of no pall smower... small power... no small power! My power is definitely not small!"

Rolls

Insight check - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Jan 15, 2018 2:30 am
"OK OK I get it and if you didnt think i could do it then you wouldn't have even asked. Ill quit doddling and head out in the next few days" Maverick says "I'll get what you asked for" He hoped that this was enough for the god since he was quite ready to go to bed after the last few days of cold and unpleasant travels
Jan 15, 2018 3:07 am
opening the door Tulfgyr makes his way to Erevain "hello how are you today? its a pleasure to see you again. Im just going to check a few things if you could keep your eyes staring at my left ear" Tulfgyr says loud and slowly repeating a few times if he thinks Erevain doesnt understand." you said he might be concussed?" Tulfgyr says to Alalla as he reflects some candle light into Erevains pupils to check his dilation.

"yup just as I thought hes in love" ,Tulfgyr says to Alalla, "Hes not even looking at my ear hes been staring at you"
Last edited January 15, 2018 3:14 am

Rolls

wisdom check - (1D20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

medical - (1D20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

Jan 15, 2018 3:19 am
" HA! A puny mage against a mighty GOD!!" Ug bellows now shaking the entire room with his booming voice. "You think to challenge me with magic stick? I, the mighty . . . uh . . . uh . . . what was his families term for mighty warrior? "MOOP, the mighty god MOOP! God of adventure and culinary arts, protector of mothers, and lover of ale!". "you know of none of these! Puny ugly pooooomab!"

Rolls

Intimidate worthless scum - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

Jan 15, 2018 3:27 am
"Excellent, Maverick," the voice murmurs. "Bring your... companions... if you think they will be useful. Now go, and remember that it always pays to be on the good side of Old Lord Skull." The voice cackles hoarsely, perhaps even insanely, before deteriorating into a hacking cough. The shadows recede, and the pocket of darkness dissipates.
Jan 15, 2018 3:54 am
Pomab cannot believe what is happening, but unfortunately he also can't not believe what is happening. In shock, he flicks his wand this way and that, flinging bolts of flame here and there. Several objects around the room catch fire, and smoke begins to fill the room. Pomab shrieks in terror, then crawls beneath his desk.

Rolls

Intelligence Check - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Jan 15, 2018 4:10 am
Al scowls at the dwarf. "Thanks, I hadnt noticed. Listen, I'm going to leave him in your capable hands. I need to uh, eat something."
"Or whatever I need to do to get out of here. Curse that dwarf."
"Have a good night you two, I hope you feel better soon." She makes the barest amount of eye contact with Erevain and nods, then escapes to her room.
"Smooooooooth."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.