Easthaven

load previous
Jan 15, 2018 4:13 am
Erevain drops his face into his hands. "You did me no favors there, dwarf," he mumbles between his palms. "Please, if there's nothing you can do for my wounds tonight then just leave me to my misery."
Jan 15, 2018 4:26 am
listen boy that right there is a real woman not some elf milk drinking city dweller. if you want her you're going to have to fight for her and her respect. now tell me if this hurts" Tulfgyr says as he pokes each rib and the kidney around the effected area.
Last edited January 15, 2018 4:27 am

Rolls

medical - (1D20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Jan 15, 2018 4:34 am
"I am likely as old as you are, dwarf. And I certainly don't need advice on women from - ow! Yes, that hurts! In any case, you don't need to tell me how amazing she is. I have met thousands of women, and there are none like her... and wait, what was that you said about elf milk?"
Jan 15, 2018 4:54 am
"elf milk? maybe you are concussed Tulfgyr says as he checks for a concussion again. " yes you do Al is a woman of martial prowess not marital prowess and you are really going to have to shape up if you are going to catch her attention. how much do you even lift?" Tulfgyr says as he pokes Erevain's duelists frame before wrapping his side with linen and a poultice of elvish herbs.
Last edited January 15, 2018 4:54 am
Jan 15, 2018 5:03 am
Erevain slaps Tulfgyr's hand away. "You are, without a doubt, the worst cleric I've ever heard of. Perhaps I'll just go see Everard." He forces himself to his feet and limps toward the door, pausing in the doorway to catch his breath. "If I'm lucky maybe I'll die before I get there," he mutters.
Jan 15, 2018 5:08 am
"he'd just mock you for being hurt by goblins. sit down I guess we can do this the easy way, do you believe in Lythander?" tulfgyr says steadying erevain
Last edited January 15, 2018 5:08 am

Rolls

persuasion to stay - (1D20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Jan 15, 2018 5:18 am
"From what I heard Old Jed say, Everard hurt himself fighting a Snapple Gob. He has no right to mock anyone." He sighs and lets Tulfgyr guide him back to the chair. "I believe Lathander exists, like all the other gods, but I pay him no homage. I reserve that for the Seldarine. Corellon in particular."
Jan 15, 2018 5:24 am
Al retreats into her room, shutting the door against the sounds of Erevain and Father Tulfgyr's bickering. She sighs heavily and takes her writing things out of her pack.
Dear Uncle, she begins writing,
Its been quite a week, that's for sure. There was trouble with the routes after all. Orc bandits, as suspected. We tracked them down and recovered the goods Easthaven needed, but we left one alive. I just know it's going to come back to haunt us later, and I'm sure you agree, but one of my party members insisted we let him live. I tried to convince him otherwise, but to no avail. "Should we kill him just because he has an orc mother?" He asked. What was I supposed to say to that? We'll pay that toll when we come to it, I suppose. No sense worrying about it now. I just pray the town here won't have to pay as well.
Speaking of the town. It's nice enough, but I am itching to leave, and probably never return. An elf here has fallen in love with me. An ELF. With ME. What an absurd issue to be having. I was flattered at first, he
is very handsome, but he's too forward and far too attached. He told me that he had thought there was no beauty left to see in the world until he met me. Elves. I might have been more flattered but for the desperation in his eyes. I cannot be his lifeline. I do not even know him.
Writing things like this to you are easier than saying anything out loud to him, however, even if I know you are laughing at me as you read this. I'm so pleased to have inherited my parents' social skills. I know one way to send him running, but you know I don't like to do that. Maybe I'll leave him a letter when I leave, and that will be that.

Al sets the letter on the side table to dry, and puts away the rest of her things. She hoped the writing would clear her mind, but it was only winding her up more. She sighs and crawls into bed. Better to shut her brain off entirely for the night, and deal with it in the morning.
Jan 15, 2018 5:37 am
"long way it is then. the elven pantheon lets me do services in their name but very rarely grant boons such as healing" Father Tulfgyr shrugs." keep this wrapped with the poultice for two days then change the linen at every meal, you can change it more if you feel the need but keep it clean. if it becomes red and tender eat two of these with a small meal in the morning and at night" Tulfgyr says handing him a bundle of herbs.
Last edited January 15, 2018 5:39 am
Jan 15, 2018 12:54 pm
Ug stares at the flames with a stupid expression in his face, not realizing the danger of the situation. Somehow though his survival instincts sink in a bit and a survivalist voice inside urges him to do something about the flames. So he does.
Last edited January 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Rolls

Intelligence save - (1d20-1)

(9) - 1 = 8

Survival - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Ug relieves himself on flames. Acrobatics roll - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Or athletics - (1d20+7)

(1) + 7 = 8

Jan 15, 2018 3:13 pm
Pomab, so deceived and intimidated, continues to cry under his desk, oblivious to the goliath dancing around the room and peeing all over the merchandise.
Jan 15, 2018 3:17 pm
Erevain rolls his eyes and accepts the medicine, then motions towards the door. "Many thanks, good dwarf. Now if you wouldn't mind, I think I need some rest."
Jan 15, 2018 4:30 pm
Zenithral's eyes snap open, head sweating and heart beating. The dreams. The voice. This was why he came to Easthaven in the first place. He rolls out of bed and onto his feet, throws on his cloak, and bolts out the door. Everyone hears him, feet pounding as he sprints down and hall and down the stairs of the inn. When he gets outside in the cold, frigid air, he orients himself towards where he saw the lone figure in the vision and charges in that direction.

He stumbles and falls, slipping on ice once again. By the gods! If I ever meet the one of ice I'll put an arrow through him!!! He stands, disoriented, cold, weary. Suddenly, he feels something, a vaguely familiar burning sensation in his back.

He gasps as spectral, angelic wings sprout from his back and white light streams from his eyes. He knew what he needed to do. The massive wings stretch and beat down, sending him skyward. He flips in the air and with another huge flap they send him shooting forward, gliding through the air above the ice and snow towards whoever was out there, dying out there, cold and alone.
OOC:
Zenithral has a fly speed of 30 feet for one minute, during which time, he'll continually Dash.
Last edited January 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20-1)

(4) - 1 = 3

Jan 15, 2018 4:43 pm
With skill and agility once again defying the sacred laws and physics that govern most normal situations Ug maneuvers around the room in prancing finnes, extinguishing fires left and right. Laughing as he goes, Ug begins to sing

"all shall remember the mighty Moop's name!
All hail! All hail! The lord of the flame!
"
Jan 15, 2018 5:04 pm
Zenithral flies across the tundra like a shooting star, the wind beneath his wings eerily similar to the rushing sensation he had just felt in his dream. Just when he feels like his body can give no more, the magnificent wings disappear and he spins into a snowdrift, landing hard.
OOC:
Zenithral has made it in record time! Because of the strain on his body, though, he takes a level of exhaustion.
There! Only a dozen feet away, a body lies sprawled across the snow. From the look of the trail beyond it, this person crawled some distance before collapsing here. There is a significant amount of blood smeared into the muddy snow. If this person is somehow alive, they won't be for much longer.
Jan 15, 2018 5:04 pm
Ug then leans over the desk and whispers eerily to the cringing merchant

"you have offended me puny pooomab, you must fix mistake. You must toast to the adventures and help them in next adventure. Then give Al a hug! Yes, she will like that! Then no longer insult mothers!"

"Ooh ooh! And build me a shrine!"

As he exits the window ug picks up the tune
"Not even fire can conquer me!
"All hail! All hail! The master of pe-!"

Ug smacks his head and falls into the snow outside the window.
Last edited January 15, 2018 5:11 pm
Jan 15, 2018 5:19 pm
Zenithral crawls to his feet, head swimming. He hurries towards the body and falls to his knees. His hands glow with a celestial, blue light and he places them on the person's head causing the light to stream from his hands and into their body. (She regains 4 hit points)

"C...c...can you hear me?!" he calls, turning the figure onto its back.
Last edited January 15, 2018 5:19 pm
Jan 15, 2018 6:16 pm
As Zenithral turns the body over the hood of the cloak falls back, revealing long dark hair that frames a human woman's face too pale from blood loss. The shine of blue light is enough for Zenithral to make out numerous wounds on her body. Too many.

Still, as the light courses through her she stirs slightly, and Zenithral can see her breath in the frigid air. Her eyes flicker briefly and her blood-flecked lips whisper, "Hr... Hroth... gar." Her head falls back and she passes out again.
Jan 15, 2018 7:23 pm
Zenithral begins to panic. "Oh, don't you die on me!" He stands, swings his bow off his shoulder and knocks an arrow in one smooth motion despite his exhaustion. Tendrils of fire swirl around his arm and the arrow bursts into fire as he releases it as far and high as it can go. As the flames streaking behind the arrow wink out mid-flight, he breathes a prayer to Ilmater. "If you've brought me here to save her, you better make sure someone sees that and brings help."
OOC:
He's cast Chromatic Orb, which has a range of 90 feet.
He turns his attention to the woman and he looks for something, anything he can do to make help here survive just a bit longer.
Last edited January 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Disadvantage (From exhaustion) - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm
Ug is having a pleasant dream of telling his mama all about his heroic exploits when he feel fingers on his face, poking and prodding. "Erm... Lord o' tha Flame?" More insistent poking. "By tha Abyss, man, done git yerself waked up!" Ug looks up and finds Old Jed crouched down by him outside Pomab's window. "Ain't herself some hero? There's a fight goin' on, er somethin'." He points over to a flaming ball rising into the air, some distance outside of town. "One o' yer friends flewed off, all wingalingy like a bat outa... well, more like those other ones, ya know? Them butt-cheeked curly-haired ones with love arrows. Anywho, somethin's up out there."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.