Easthaven

load previous
Jan 15, 2018 8:24 pm
If help is coming, it had better come quick. But until it does, Zenithral does what he can to keep the woman alive. A quick look over her wounds shows signs of frostbite, half a dozen stabs and cuts, torn fingers (presumably from crawling through ice and snow), possibly a broken leg, and - most concerning - an arrow in her side.

Exhaustion from the hard day's travel combined with half a night's restless sleep and a desperate midnight dash do not prevent Zenithral's soldier instincts from kicking in, and he quickly sets up what he needs: a magic ball of light to see by, improvised bandages, and a knife made sterile with prestidigitation.
OOC:
Zen rolled well enough on medicine (even with disadvantage!) to be able to pull off some decent first aid. Do you want to describe it?
Jan 15, 2018 9:26 pm
Ug snaps awake at the words "fight" and "friends", though he doesn't fully comprehend the " curly haired butt cheeks" comment. But the words were enough to fight off the effects of . . . what was here doing out here in the cold again? And why did he smell like. . . Nevermind! Friend in danger from curly haired bum cheeks - Ug let's out a loud bellow of rage as he leaps up from the snow and, seeing the light in the sky, makes a dash in that direction.
Last edited January 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+7)

(12) + 7 = 19

Jan 15, 2018 9:35 pm
Zenithral sweeps his hand, conjuring a spectral one that quickly gathers branches and twigs in a small pile a few feet from her. He draws another arrow, igniting it with a swirl of magical flame and shoots it at the pile, the blast instantly making a small fire to start warming her. He drops the bow and kneels down, whipping out a small knife. His hand glows with the celestial blue light and the knife begins to do the same, illuminating the two of them. He holds it in the fire to heat it up and magically cleans it of any debris.

After a few moments, he turns the arrow wound. He pulls and cuts away some of the fabric and feels around the exposed flesh, trying to decide if pulling it out would do more damage than good. He shakes his head in frustration and decides to go for it. "This will definitely hurt. A lot," he says. He grips the arrow carefully, and jerks it out, immediately holding the hot knife up to it to cauterize the wound. The pungent smell of burning flesh fills the air, mixing with the smoke of the small fire, but the bleeding there seems to stop. He could only hope he hadn't caused more damage.

He continues reheating and cleaning the knife, cauterizing any other serious cuts and then cuts his cloak into strips and begins using them as bandages.
Last edited January 15, 2018 9:37 pm
Jan 15, 2018 9:45 pm
Maverick is settling down for the night when he hears the heavy foots steps of someone running down the hall 'I wonder who leaving in such a rush' he thinks poking his head out the door just in time to see Zenithral sprint past. 'What has him in such a hurry?' the gnome ponders as he grabs his jacket and throws it over his night wear following the elf full curiosity still getting the better of him. Maverick makes it outside just before Zenithral sprouts wings and shoots off into the sky 'What in the forgotten realms just happened?!?!?' Reacting as quickly as he could he throws the bat into the sky telling Rel to follow Zenithral then to come back when he seems to stop. With that hurried message he runs off back to the inn trying to find the Father, Al and Ug who assumed have begun settling down for the evening.
Jan 15, 2018 9:55 pm
Ug tears across town and tundra toward the light. Nothing stands in his way, not drifts of snow, boulders, or even a fisherman's outhouse. Somehow he gets there even faster than Zenithral did. The barbarian finds his friend and the wounded woman lit by a holy blue light.
Jan 15, 2018 10:03 pm
Al wakes up to thumping of feet outside her door. Given the previous events in this town, she leaps to her feet, knowing it can't be good. She throws her mail shirt on over her thin cotton night shirt, shoves her bare feet into her boots, and grabs her glaive before throwing open the door of her room. She finds Maverick in the hall about to knock.
"What's happening?"
Jan 15, 2018 10:12 pm
Maverick is slightly startled at the door opening before even haveing the chance to knock "ItZenithralhewasrunningthenhesproutedwingsthenhewasflyingandgone!" The sirvfneblin quickly says then more clearly (he hopes) describes the direction the half-elf had gone in before once again hurrying to find the father when he hears the goliath from outside and only hopes that he already saw and was on his way to find Zenithral.
Last edited January 15, 2018 10:17 pm
Jan 16, 2018 12:58 am
Ug skids to a stop by zenithral and the woman, but realizes too late that his muscles will not help with healing. He does however remember what his mother taught him long ago, that the middle of a frozen tundra at night with a flame going and an injured women with a blood trail is not the safest of places. Ug's survival senses kick in as he takes in their surroundings, checking for any signs of predators.
Last edited January 16, 2018 1:01 am

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Jan 16, 2018 1:23 am
Zenithral hears a crash and feels a twinge of fear. He looks up from his rapid bandaging to see Ug trample down a collection of small trees. "Ug!" he says with surprise. Thank you, he thinks, looking skyward. He notices Ug looking around and nods in approval. "Good idea. Who else coming?" he asks, returning to his bandaging.
Last edited January 16, 2018 1:23 am
Jan 16, 2018 1:26 am
"ug shouted alarm but does not know." he says regretfully, "but Not many sleep through Ugs alarm." he adds hopefully, still peering into the darkness around.
Last edited January 16, 2018 1:26 am
Jan 16, 2018 1:26 am
Ug can taste the coppery smell of blood in the cold night air. To any predators, or anyone hunting this woman, there is a clear trail to follow.

His mountainborn senses on high alert, Ug thinks he can hear something moving out in the darkness. Something big. And it's getting closer.
Jan 16, 2018 1:31 am
Fire butt wings? what is going on down there? Father Tulfgyr thinks to himself as he makes his way down stairs in time to see the flare flicker out. by my beard this must be serious Father Tulfgyr runs full tilt into the wastes.

Rolls

Athletics - (1D20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

constitution save - (1D20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Jan 16, 2018 1:35 am
"we are not alone tonight" Ug whispers to zenithral.

Ug activates his danger sense to not have disadvantage on any surprise attacks. He hefts his axe as instincts kick in and his battle rage begins to mount.

attack my friend and his injured maiden, come through me first beast of the night
Last edited January 16, 2018 1:39 am
Jan 16, 2018 2:06 am
Ug plants himself stoically in front of the night's shadows. One of those shadows rises up, impossibly tall. A frost giant steps into the small fire's meager light. An axe nearly the size of Ug swings from one mighty arm.

It opens its mouth to speak, and its voice booms through the night. "Hello there, runt," it rumbles to Ug in Giant. "Strange to see your kind here. I thought you all hung out at some forgotten monastery. No matter. You stand between me and my prey. Move, or I will move you."
Jan 16, 2018 2:50 am
Confused, Al blinks at the gnome's back as he turns to get the others. She rouses herself after only a second and dashes inside for her winter coat, she wasn't going to be any help if she was frozen, then sprints down the stairs, out the door, and into the snow. She didn't catch most of what Maverick said, but Ug left clear tracks to follow, and she thought she could see him just on the edge of her night vision. She hitches her coat and settles her glaive in her hand and ran after the goliath. She was slowed by her sloppy dress and loose boots, but she ran as fast as she could without thought to them
Last edited January 16, 2018 2:53 am

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Jan 16, 2018 3:03 am
Ug stares down, or umm up, the great behomath before him. And i thought all the mighty giants still lived in the Spine" Ugs giant is much better than his basic. "perhaps they are, and only the weak tiny ones are left out. Tell me little one, were you always this ugly, or did it happen after you were thrown face first off the highest mountain peak? Why else would you grace us with your minuscule miserable presence? "
Last edited January 16, 2018 3:11 am

Rolls

Ug is stalling roll deception - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Jan 16, 2018 3:28 am
Father Tulfgyr slowly pushes his way through the wasteland when he catches sight of the giant shadow. Fearlessly he pushes on maybe this figure is the cause of distress. Nearing the scene father spots the Figure laying by zen Ah Ha this I can work with Father Tulfgyr rushes to the figure sliding down next to her "Zenithral were is she hurt? ah no matter." Father Tulfgyr says gasping at the cold snow in his robes. Lifting his right arm to the heavens with his left on the maiden Father Tulfgyr calls down the might of Lythander "Master hear my prayers!"healed 20pts
Jan 16, 2018 3:30 am
Father Tulfgyr slowly pushes his way through the wasteland when he catches sight of the giant shadow. Fearlessly he pushes on maybe this figure is the cause of distress. Nearing the scene father spots the Figure laying by zen Ah Ha this I can work with Father Tulfgyr rushes to the figure sliding down next to her "Zenithral were is she hurt? ah no matter." Father Tulfgyr says gasping at the cold snow in his robes. Lifting his right arm to the heavens with his left on the maiden Father Tulfgyr calls down the might of Lythander "Master hear my prayers!"healed 20pts

Rolls

perception on girl - (1D20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

religion check on girl (celestial) - (1D20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Jan 16, 2018 4:29 am
The frost giant's face shows the largest expression of incredulity the party has ever seen. "Now see here, little brother. I am Vafthrudnir of Wyrm's Tooth. I have hunted and wrestled beasts that would eat a tiny 'goliath' like yourself in one nibble." He makes a pinching gesture with one thick-fingered hand. "I could pick you up and throw you all the way back to that puny town back there."
OOC:
Vafthrudnir is so distracted with this boasting contest that he fails to notice the arrival of Al and Tulfgyr (and Maverick?)
Father Tulfgyr's blessing floods through the woman, continuing the work that Zenithral started. Wounds close, skin regrows, and bones knit as a testament to the Morninglord's power. Strangely, Tulfgyr can sense remnants of divine healing magic already working on the woman. Her eyes remain closed, but she sighs in relief and her breathing deepens.

Vafthrudnir gestures to his shield of dragonskin. "The beast that wore these scales, I strangled it with my bare hands." Then he pokes Ug in the chest, shoving him back several feet. "You are nothing. Your people are nothing, nothing more than a broken tribe begging for scraps from the small folk. You are no giantkin!" He finishes the last accusation with a bellow and takes up his axe. (Unless raging and/or negating the damage somehow, Ug takes 53 slashing damage)
OOC:
Ug, you've been ready. You can have your Rage active if you want.

Rolls

Vaghalehudjab (whatever) axe vs Ug - (1d20+9)

(12) + 9 = 21

Axe damage - (3d12+6)

(879) + 6 = 30

Axe attack #2 - (1d20+9)

(7) + 9 = 16

Axe damage #2 - (3d12+6)

(6110) + 6 = 23

Jan 16, 2018 4:35 am
OOC:
PLAYER PHASE!!!
Vafthrudnir
HP 138
AC 15
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.