Easthaven

load previous
Jan 17, 2018 8:01 pm
Alalla gasps as the rock strikes Zenithral, leaving him crushed in the snow. She hears Ug's cursing and turns as he hurls the javelin at the giant. She curses with him through clenched teeth as it misses, the word sounding rather deep and guttural. Fists clenched she stomps over to Ug and drops her glaive.
"Can I borrow this?" She asks gruffly, taking one of his javelins without waiting for a reply. She aims at the shape in the darkness and hurls the weapon. She yells in frustration when it falls short.
Last edited August 26, 2018 9:19 pm

Rolls

Javelin - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Javelin disadvantage - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Jan 17, 2018 9:25 pm
Maverick wanting the satisfaction of downing the beast hurls an eldrich blast in the giants direction

Rolls

Hit roll - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Damage roll - (1d10)

(3) = 3

Jan 17, 2018 10:26 pm
OOC:
Player Phase!!!
Vafthrudnir (prone, ranged attacks against have disadv)
HP 14
AC 15
160 feet
Jan 17, 2018 10:55 pm
Ug bellows lloudly and casts an icy glare towards the giant. Hacking Ug within an inch of his life was one thing, but throwing rocks at his friends was another matter entirely. Ug takes up the charge.
Last edited January 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Rolls

Sprint - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Thank goodness for inspiration - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Jan 18, 2018 2:58 am
Father Tulfgyr finishes packing his bag as he hears and feels the crunch "oh my gosh.... oh my gosh im coming zenithral!". running over to zens body did I remember the bonesaw? no I wont need it with this one normally Father Tulfgyr would put then in the recovery position but with the boulder thats not possible. help him lathander father Tulfgyr prays as he reaches Zenithral

Rolls

Cure wounds - (1D8+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Jan 18, 2018 5:06 pm
Zenithral's eyes snap open and he gasps for breath as Tulfgyr finishes his prayer. After a moment of reorienting himself he groans, rolls onto his stomach, grabs his bow and lets the father help him to his feet. You can run, but you can't hide. He stumbles a bit as he turns to fire another shot, weary from his near death, but grits his teeth in determination. His aim is true, the radiant arrow arcing perfectly despite the giant staying low for cover.

HP: 12/30
Last edited January 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Rolls

Longbow - (1d20+6)

(19) + 6 = 25

Disadvantage (Giant is prone) - (1d20+6)

(18) + 6 = 24

Damage - (1d8+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Radiant - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Second Wind - (1d10+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Jan 18, 2018 6:49 pm
The frost giant roars in pain as yet another arrow pierces him, this time sinking into his face just as he thinks he's safe. As long as that elf lives, Vafthrudnir will know no peace! His strength waning fast, he desperately hurls another boulder 160 feet to pummel into Zenithral (Zen takes 28 bludgeoning damage and is knocked unconscious again). Then, gasping for breath, he crawls another 20 feet away from the approaching barbarian.

Rolls

Giant vs Zen - (1d20+9)

(11) + 9 = 20

Giant vs Zen disadv - (1d20+9)

(19) + 9 = 28

Rock damage to zen - (4d10+6)

(101101) + 6 = 28

Jan 18, 2018 7:03 pm
seeing the wounded giant attempting to move further away Maverick attempts to casts chill touch
Last edited January 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Rolls

Hit roll - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Damage - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Jan 18, 2018 10:03 pm
OOC:
Player Phase!!!

Only 2 hp, kill it dead! Whoever gets the killing blow gets inspiration!
Jan 18, 2018 10:07 pm
Zenithal lay in the snow unconscious once again. He hadn't expected the giant to be so accurate. Again.
Last edited January 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Rolls

Death Saving Throw - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Another death saving throw if needed - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Jan 18, 2018 11:12 pm
Ug hears the cry of zenithral as the second boulder lands behind him. The cry tears through ug worse than the cleavage did. His first two javelins having missed, ug holds the third up and whispers to the tip of it. "avenge friends". If ug could pick a religion it would be about friends, mothers, and food. If there was a god up there who cared about those, than so be it. Ug heaved his final spear and it hit true, sinking deep into the giants chest. Ug approaches the massive body glaring at it. Who is little one now brother? he comments icilly as he rips the javelin free.
Last edited January 18, 2018 11:23 pm

Rolls

Javelin attack - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Javelin disadvantafe - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Javelin damage - (1d6+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Jan 18, 2018 11:41 pm
Vafthrudnir lies dead at Ug's feet, the massive frost giant having crossed the path of the wrong adventurers. As the stars shine above, Ug can feel the approval of... something, or someone.
OOC:
For having slain the might frost giant, the party earns 780 XP each! Individual totals at 5,140 each. As promised, Inspiration to Ug for the kill!
The giant has several satchels and bags about his person, the contents of which include:
- A comb made of gold stylized in the shape of a dragon, with red garnets set as eyes (worth 750 gold)
- A potion (Maverick identifies it as a Potion of Clairvoyance)
- A letter written in Giant
Jan 18, 2018 11:57 pm
Ug searches giants belongings coming across the note and tries to decipher it
Last edited January 19, 2018 12:05 am

Rolls

Search body -perception - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Jan 19, 2018 12:56 am
The note reads:

Vafthrudnir,

I have another task for you, brother. Our newest client is offering a hefty bounty on a woman from that awful blight Kuldahar. Supposedly the little thing slipped through his net and is making her way through the Pass. Find her, but do not kill her. I want you to bring her to me. Our client should not have so many secrets.

Joril
Jan 19, 2018 2:35 am
The party bears the unconscious woman back to Easthaven, all the while wary of possible enemies in the night. They arrive at the fishing town without further mishap. There are several townsfolk there to greet them, Hrothgar at their head. When he sees the party and their wounded, he shouts, "Get Everard!" One of the villagers goes running for the Temple of Tempus.

He comes closer, longsword at the ready. He looks much like Al, with some armor draped on over his nightclothes. "It has been years since I last heard bellows like that. Was that a giant, this close to Easthaven? What happened to it? Are there more? Speak!"
Jan 19, 2018 4:22 am
Alalla sighs, shifting the weight of the wounded woman in her arms. "A frost giant, after this woman, apparently. It seems there was only the one, and he is dead now. Maybe Zenithral can tell us more, he seemed to know they were out there. He's a little beyond speaking now, though." She glances at his broken form in Ug's arms.
Jan 19, 2018 5:06 am
Hrothgar sighs in relief. "Well done, friends. By the Nine Hells, if this isn't a night for strange occurrences," he says. "Pomab was just knocking on my door claiming some nonsense about a 'moop' trying to burn down his store. I swear, the fool will be claiming to see Snapple Gobs next." He shakes his head, and then looks up as Everard approaches as quickly as he can with his perpetual limp. "Everard, we have wounded. Can we bring them to the Temple?"
Jan 19, 2018 5:14 am
Everard looks over the battered party with a grim expression, then nods and turns away, motioning for them to follow. Under his breath he mutters, "What is it about tonight, Foehammer? First that Blacksheaf fellow and now this."

When the party reaches the doors of the Temple doors, he whirls back to to face the party and Hrothgar, armor clinking. Everard points at Tulfgyr. "The Father is not welcome here. He must remain outside. The rest of you, follow me. We have rooms and beds always ready for the sick or wounded." He waves for them to enter.
Jan 19, 2018 6:16 am
Maverick decides its probably best if he doesn't enter the temple and nods to Tulfgyr after the temple doors close "Well good job making sure everyone wasn't entirely dead tonight. I'll be heading back to the inn and i recommend you do the same for tonight sonce you certainly dont seem welcome here" he finishes with a chuckle before sauntering off
Jan 19, 2018 6:17 am
letting out a sigh of relief inside Father Tulfgyr heads to his room in the inn to hopefully Grab whatever hours are left in the night hopefully the gods leave him alone for the rest of the night.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.