Easthaven

load previous
Jan 22, 2018 11:49 pm
Hrothgar motions for Halla to begin. She puts down her cup and stands up. "As I was saying, I come from Kuldahar, bearing a message from the Archdruid Arundel. Dark forces are stirring in the Spine of the World, and he fears the worst - and he is not one to speak lightly of fear."

She continues. "Monsters grow bold, leaving their holes to roam places they should not. The dead have been seen walking in the nearby crypt. Worst of all, there have been... abductions. Villagers, children, gone missing in the middle of the night."

Halla sits back down, as though suddenly tired again. "Even the weather seems foul... winter is coming upon us early, but there must be more. The circle of warmth around Kuldahar is receding, it's magical protection fading." She looks up. "The Archdruid asks for aid from the Ten Towns."

Hrothgar pauses in his pacing and seems to be staring hard at a spot on the wall. Everard is peering at Halla over a steeple of gauntleted fingers.
Jan 22, 2018 11:49 pm
"of course Ug will help!" Ug says enthusiastically to maverick, "mother says gnome brothers must stick together!"

Ug tries once more unsuccessfully to notice any evidence of the previous night. Aside from his . . . Ummm . . Own . . . evidence that is.
Last edited January 22, 2018 11:52 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Jan 23, 2018 12:09 am
Ug does notice that his 'Moop' message has been scuffed out of the ash.
Jan 23, 2018 2:20 am
"driftwood....oh my gosh" oh my gosh I'm coming you drunk piece of driftwood Tulfgyr says as he runs out of the shop and to the lake
Jan 23, 2018 2:33 am
Alalla leans on her weapon, brow furrowed at Halla's speech. "What kind of aid? It does sound terrible, but it also sounds like the job of wizards and sorcerers."
Last edited January 23, 2018 3:07 am
Jan 23, 2018 2:36 am
Pomab's mouth drops as he watches Tulfgyr run out of the shop, then shrugs, happy that his advice has finally had an effect on one of these northern barbarians. He goes back to work.
Jan 23, 2018 2:40 am
Halla regards Al with an arched eyebrow. "'Tis true that magic has great power for those who know how to wield it. But just as valuable in these lands are men and women of courage - whatever the tools they use." She gives Alalla's glaive a meaningful look.
Jan 23, 2018 2:57 am
Ug if you would be so kind to let me perch on your sholder as my short legs wont carry me as far as you in one great step as they start to pomabs
Jan 23, 2018 3:01 am
Tulfgyr arrives at the docks and finds Old Jed snoozing right on the pier - the fisherman seemingly got tired of a drunk in his boat and dumped the poor sot right there. Old Jed doesn't seem to mind.
Jan 23, 2018 3:02 am
Tulfgyr Does a quick medical examination to see in Jed is in fact all right

Rolls

medicine check - (1D20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Jan 23, 2018 3:08 am
Tulfgyr can tell that the man is not-so-slowly destroying his own liver, but this morning he seems to just be enjoying a heavy nap - though he'll certainly have a killer headache when he wakes.
Jan 23, 2018 3:14 am
"I know the value of myself and my weapon, I am just not sure what is being asked of me." Al replies matter of factly. "Monsters and walking dead I can take care of. The abductions may also be within my skill. But I get the feeling the Druid is asking for... more. Or else has a specific task in mind."
Jan 23, 2018 3:17 am
feeling accomplished father tulfgyr begins to collects many handfuls of driftwood dumping them at the entrance to the town
Jan 23, 2018 3:31 am
"Arundel is wise and experienced, but even he does not know what is threatening the area," Halla says, troubled. "All I know is that someone - or something - did not want me to arrive here. Surely that is a sign of Kuldahar's dire need?"
Jan 23, 2018 3:35 am
Everard leans forward. "You say the Great Oak's circle of warmth weakens? How can that be so? From what I understand, the tree was planted there by Silvanus himself."
Jan 23, 2018 3:39 am
"The Great Oak has been there for untold centuries, 'tis true," Halla says with reverence. "Whether it was a god or nature itself matters little to me. But it does protect the land." She turns to Zenithral and Alalla and explains, "The Great Oak, or Kuldahar as we call it, provides a refuge from the snow and monsters of the Spine of the World."
Jan 23, 2018 3:43 am
Ug happily carries the gnome and perches him on his shoulder for the ride. Now hopefully they can get to the bottom of the mysterious alcoholic beverage disappearance.
Jan 23, 2018 3:44 am
Hrothgar comes out of his reverie and adds, "Yes, and the town built around its giant roots is an important waystop for trade in and out of the Dale." He scratches absently at his beard, almost muttering to himself. "The Pass itself would be completely impassable without the tree's warmth."
Jan 23, 2018 4:10 am
"Mmm, yes, I can see why that would be problematic," Zenithral says casually. He looks to Halla. "So do you want us to investigate, track down where these enemies came from, and discover the root of all this?"
Last edited January 23, 2018 4:33 am
Jan 23, 2018 4:43 am
"What I want will only count for so much, Zenithral," Halla says quietly. "The better question is what will happen if this evil is not put down. Not only for Kuldahar - the Tree or the town - but also for the entirety of the North, Ten Towns included."

She looks at Hrothgar. "Arundel believed you were the one to whom I should bring this message. He said you would know what to do."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.