Easthaven

load previous
Jan 24, 2018 10:53 pm
"Leave town? Ha, better do that soon, or you could be stuck here for the winter." Pomab dusts off an old halberd, but looks up at the noise. "And what in the Abyss is that?"
Jan 25, 2018 1:00 am
Al laughs at the children's antics and follows the semi-parade to Pomab's shop. Curious to see what would happen next, and also a little cautious that the pending interaction between Pomab and Ug may need supervision.
Jan 25, 2018 1:11 am
Ug sings along with the children in the boat as he reaches the emporium, finishing the last chorus with laughter frim the townsfolk.

"master pomab!" Ug calls out, ""Ug brings you gift for being so ugliest merchant!" the children leap out of the boat with the now snoring jed left laying inside.

"can one of Ugs good friend please find hrothgar" he waves to the townspeople, "he will want to be here!"
Last edited January 25, 2018 1:12 am
Jan 25, 2018 1:23 am
One of the children skips off to find Hrothgar, humming happily to himself as he goes.

Pomab pushes past Maverick as he comes to the front door of the shop. "Always making a nuisance of yourself, Ug. At least you haven't set anything on fire yet. Keeping control of your bodily fluids today?"
Jan 25, 2018 1:49 am
Ug feigns a horrified look and shields one of the children from pomab. "you use such language in front of poor children, SHAME on pomab! Pomab orc mother be ashamed!" he then leans down toward the little girl he was protecting, "pomab need spanking yes?". The small child giggles and runs back into the crowd. Ug reaches into the boat and pulls out an empty bottle,"Ug and children catch you thief! You not greatful for Ug and children?" he smiles and waves to the gathered townsfolk.
Last edited January 25, 2018 1:50 am
Jan 25, 2018 2:25 am
Alalla raises an eyebrow slightly at 'orc mother.' This exchange definitely was not going well.
Jan 25, 2018 2:29 am
Pomab's face gets redder with each of Ug's antics. "You swine," he says. Then he turns to the townsfolk. "Very well. If Ug is too much of a coward to own up to his crimes, I am happy to take recompense from Jed's hide." He steps inside his shop and returns a moment later with a whip in hand. "Master Ug, if you would be so kind as to strip the criminal and tie him to your boat, we can have this over with."
Jan 25, 2018 3:20 am
Ugs jovial laugh turns icy as he grins through gritted teeth and rises to his full height. In that brief moment of concentration Ugs Goliath accent vanishes completely "I sincerely hope you are not threatening one of my friends foolish merchant." he steps between Pomab and the sleeping Jed. The crowd hushes behind him but he holds up a hand, "Pomab is not the law, we will wait for hrothgar." he turns and adds in a steel whisper"Won't we pomab." It was not a question.
Last edited January 25, 2018 3:42 am

Rolls

Wisdom saving throw from pummeling poman - (1d20-1)

(19) - 1 = 18

Intimidation - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Jan 25, 2018 4:04 am
"I refuse to be intimidated, you blathering imbecile! 'Ug' must be what your mother said when she first saw your face." Pomab yells at the goliath. "I am the Royal Diplomat Envoy of Calimshan and Appointed Overseer of the Northern Caravan Trade Route. According to the laws of Calimshan, my position grants me authority to punish crimes against Calishite law. And believe it or not, you barbarians, damaging and stealing my wares is a punishable offense - no matter what Hrothgar decides. He has no authority here, he is neither Speaker nor an official guard. Why you all pay the senile fool any respect at all is beyond me."

He looks Ug full in the eye. "Now bind the drunk, Ug." He smiles slyly. "Unless you would prefer to take his place?"
Jan 25, 2018 4:15 am
Alalla steps up beside Ug and speaks to him softly. "Just walk away and take Jed with you, Ug. He won't bind Jed himself, and he certainly won't chase after you to pull him from your arms. If he tries," Al shrugs, "All the more entertaining for us."
Jan 25, 2018 4:27 am
Al's gesture was pomabs saving grace. And lucky for pomab, his reference to Ugs mother was stupid. Of course that's what his mother said when she saw him, that's his name!?! Ug turns his back on the lucky fool and raises his arms to the crowd in a laugh, his accent now returning "Pomab is more drunk than Jed!" He says in exasperation, "Now who want one more boat ride?" he calls happily to the children as he hefts up the creaking boat (and the unconscious Jed) once more.
Last edited January 25, 2018 4:31 am
Jan 25, 2018 4:46 am
As Ug hauls the boat away Al keeps her stance, one hand on her hip and the other holding her glaive firmly, and fixes Pomab with a level state. She was frankly becoming a little tired of the nonsense he kept inciting.
Last edited January 25, 2018 5:10 am
Jan 25, 2018 5:08 am
"A coward after all, then!" Pomab shouts after Ug. He turns to the crowd and points at Ug's back. "Look at the oaf. Too scared to face justice." The crowd grumbles and disperses, none of them looking happy with the situation.

Feeling high on his effective insults today, Pomab considers Al and looks her up and down. He gestures to her glaive and whispers something only she can hear.
OOC:
Presumably Pomab slips and says something overly suggestive. Not too bright of him.
Jan 25, 2018 5:19 am
Alalla doesn't blink. "If you want honest recompense or restitution for Jed's crime, Hrothgar will help you obtain it. I will even help. Your petty attempt at using a cruel act to display power will not be tolerated again, however." She turns to leave. "Also, if you wish to keep all your... parts... where you have them, never speak to me again." With that she walks away after Ug, rolling her eyes to herself. She was definitely ready to get out of this town. Now to see if she could actually have a conversation with the Goliath so the expedition could be closer to departing.
Jan 25, 2018 5:31 am
"Ah there you are Al I was just looking for you I was wondering if you had any more need of me, I found our adventure thrilling." Father Tulfgyr says laughing at the passing ferry.
Jan 25, 2018 5:35 am
Maverick slips out of pomabs shop while hes to busy ‘insulting’ Ug (as if that would even count) and snickers at his pass on Al. the gnome decides to find Hothgar to report his findings from his time searching and listening to pomab drone on at the emporium
Last edited January 25, 2018 5:37 am
Jan 25, 2018 12:48 pm
Pomab pales and ducks back into his shop.

Maverick finds Hrothgar a few moments later, standing in the middle of the village and staring gapejawed at the boat. "I don't even know whose boat that is..." he mutters to himself as a few more pieces of wood splinter off the hull.

Hrothgar comes to himself and looks down to find Maverick. "Yes, good morning, gnome. I was told there was some sort of..." he looks up again at Ug pulling the boat. "...disturbance... Erm, what can I do for you?"
Jan 25, 2018 1:21 pm
"Ah! Father! Alalla exclaims, relieved to finally be bringing her message to someone. "Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Hrothgar is putting together an expedition to Kuldahar. Apparently they are having a lot of terrible problems there, including walking dead, and are asking assistance from anyone who will come. We plan to leave in a couple days. Will you join us? I'm sure a lot of people there could use your healing skill, and perhaps also some ministering."
Last edited January 25, 2018 1:23 pm
Jan 25, 2018 3:59 pm
"Kuldahar." Zenithal says to Erevain. "The circle of warmth around the town and tree; it's fading. You can imagine what that means for the North. Hrothgar sent Alalla and I to find every sword we can get. This is more than a simple expedition, my good man. This is about the survival of our world here in Icewind Dale."

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

Jan 25, 2018 4:49 pm
Erevain frowns. "I traveled through Kuldahar a short while ago to visit the Great Oak. While I was there I had a strange feeling about something in that valley. It's more than just the weather that bothered me. Something seemed amiss in the mountains, the trees, even the clouds in the sky. Something was out of place. Something was... wrong."

He looks across the room to the full traveling pack next to his bed. "I had thought to move on from this place, but did not know where I should go next. But that Tree... it is a wonder of the natural world. And the people living among its roots are all so very kind."

He looks at Zenithral. "Very well. I shall answer this call for aid. In fact, I would very much like to speak with Hrothgar myself. Is there anything else you wanted to discuss?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.