Glad to be here

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 4, 2017 6:04 pm
Hey folks! I ended up here through a comment on a Geek Dad article after doing some googling about PbP gaming.

I grew up with AD&D 2E and dabbled in White Wolf, Star Trek/Wars and various other systems. I haven't been a "serious" RP'er for many, many years, and these days find myself playing one-offs with grown and busy friends about 3 times a year. I have done some PbP gaming with friends in the past, but have never been a part of a community/site like this.

Being that I don't make (have? I don't know, since I have kids now it's all relative) the time to dive into rulesets anymore I have discovered a love of story and character building.

I'm hoping to find some friendly folks to have a good time with and create some memorable, hilarious and compelling experiences in whatever system I can moderately understand!
Dec 4, 2017 6:10 pm
Welcome, thirtylives! I can tell you'll fit right in! Looking forward to seeing you around!

Konami code FTW, by the way! :-D
Dec 4, 2017 6:14 pm
It was actually your comment that brought me here, so many thanks Jabes!

Also, you are the first person to make that connection in a long time with the username, so many internet points to you my friend =)
Dec 4, 2017 6:32 pm
Welcome thirtylives! I like to think what really separates GP from other PbP sites is the community. A number of features on the site revolve around the idea of community. That said, hope you find what you're looking for! Any particular system/style you're looking for?
Dec 4, 2017 6:41 pm
Thanks for the welcome Keleth, from my poking around I think I'll find some people to fit into here.

As far as what I'm looking for - I'm most familiar with D&D stuff, but have never played a 5e game before, so I am trying to wrap my head around that at the moment. The West Marches game looks like it could be really fun, but I'm thinking I might need a game with a bit more hand holding to get started?
Dec 4, 2017 6:43 pm
Welcome!
Dec 4, 2017 6:49 pm
thirtylives says:
you are the first person to make that connection in a long time with the username, so many internet points to you my friend =)
Showing my age hahaha!
thirtylives says:
I'm thinking I might need a game with a bit more hand holding to get started?
I encourage you to join D&D 5e Boot Camp, which was set up for this very purpose! :-)
Last edited December 4, 2017 6:50 pm
Dec 4, 2017 6:55 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Showing my age hahaha!
Like a fine wine or a yellowing SNES console =)
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I encourage you to join D&D 5e Boot Camp, which was set up for this very purpose! :-)
I actually checked that out but its status is "closed" and the apply button seems to be non-functional
Dec 4, 2017 6:55 pm
CancerMan says:
Welcome!
Thanks CancerMan, appreciate it!
Dec 4, 2017 10:41 pm
thirtylives says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Showing my age hahaha!
Like a fine wine or a yellowing SNES console =)
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I actually checked that out but its status is "closed" and the apply button seems to be non-functional
Unfortunately I've had to cut off access to the Boot Camp game. Real life has become too much for me to commit any more time than I am already. If I open it back up, I'll let you know!
Dec 4, 2017 10:46 pm
Can a game have dual-DMs? Otherwise, I'll set up another Boot Camp to take the load of Naatkinson's shoulders.
Dec 4, 2017 11:18 pm
A game can definitely have dual-DMs; that is a main part of the West Marches game.
Dec 5, 2017 12:03 am
CancerMan says:
Can a game have dual-DMs? Otherwise, I'll set up another Boot Camp to take the load of Naatkinson's shoulders.
If you want to be promoted to Co-DM, you got it :)
Dec 5, 2017 12:35 am
Welcome!
Dec 5, 2017 2:10 am
Hello and welcome!
Dec 5, 2017 2:10 am
Thanks everyone for the greetings and the revival of the boot camp CancerMan! Whenever you're ready to start I'll be there
Dec 5, 2017 2:29 am
Hi thirtylives. We ended up here the same way. :)
Dec 5, 2017 2:39 am
Awesome Linus! Looking forward to playing so if you see something interesting let me know for sure.
Dec 5, 2017 5:05 am
Sent an invite, thirtylives!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.