Character Creation, levelling up, and downtime

load previous
Aug 19, 2015 3:23 pm
Hahaha this should be interesting. Ok, I get the bonus feat for using that method, right? And if I do variant human then that's another?
Last edited August 19, 2015 3:24 pm
Aug 19, 2015 3:32 pm
Exactly - up to 4 feats at first level (if you roll really, really bad)
Aug 20, 2015 1:33 am
Okay, I think my character is all set. His name is Egan Thorne - Life Domain Human Cleric (Standard Human, not alt).

How do I add him to the game?
Biscuit, do you need to look him over?
Aug 20, 2015 5:40 am
After ironing out some kinks with Biscuitfiend, my character is also complete.

Arashi, Paladin of the Tempest.

This wandering hermit is a mystery. He appeared out of nowhere and seems to harbor many secrets. He looks strange, even for an elf, from his outlandish clothing, his bare torso, his two swords (one curved and one straight), and his strange conical hat that seems to always shields his eyes.

Trait: I was a pilgrim in search of a place of spiritual significance.
Ideal: Free Thinking. Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress.
Bond: Should my discovery come to light, it could bring ruin to the world.
Bond: My isolation gave me great insight into a great evil that only I can destroy.
Flaw: I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/66/b9/b1/66b9b1784463cee592631ebdb40f9a31.jpg
Last edited August 22, 2015 4:02 am
Aug 22, 2015 10:42 am
Here's Movith:

Movith Brightheart Ugunakane, Goliath Barbarian

7'5", 305 lbs.

Background: Folk Hero
Defining event: I led a militia to fight off an invading army.

Rustic Hospitality: Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.

Personality: I'm confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others.
Ideal: Sincerity. There's no good in pretending to be something I'm not.
Bond: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Flaw: The people who knew me when I was young know my shameful secret, so I can never go home again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23420524/goliath_barbarian_by_lordrhino15-d4rz0yy.jpg
Aug 22, 2015 11:27 am
Spectralelegy says:
Okay, I think my character is all set. His name is Egan Thorne - Life Domain Human Cleric (Standard Human, not alt).

How do I add him to the game?
Biscuit, do you need to look him over?
Go to the game page and 'submit character'. Once accepted you'll be able to 'post as' your character
Aug 22, 2015 11:30 am
http://tbx.me/WjFh88.png

Ready to go! You might regret playing a goliath in 5ft corridors!
Aug 22, 2015 11:46 am
Yeah, medium-sized but strength checks to push, pull, life, carry, etc. are made as if they are one size larger.
Aug 22, 2015 11:47 am
I guess I should post my character too!

Here is Egan Thorne

Egan (pronounced Eeg-en) lost both his parents at a young age to a malady that devastated his home village. A priest of Selûne took him in and taught the practices of medicine and the importance of learning things for yourself. Egan is a firm believer in bettering yourself and taking control of everything around you, as those are the blessings of the heavens. He is a staunch believer in setting your own destiny, but is vehemently opposed to "free handouts." He doesn't particularly like using his finely honed skills on the "riff-raff." If he had to spend so much time learning to take care of himself, why do others just get it for free?

Worships Selûne - Goddess of the Moon (Life/Knowledge)

Personality Traits:
-Positive: I am tolerant of other faiths and the worship of them.
-Negative: But I hate those who don't want to learn things for themselves. I don't particularly like to give my assistance until someone has proven they've earned it.

Ideal: Change. We must take control of our actions and help bring about the changes the gods are constantly working in the world. (Chaotic)

Bond: I owe my life to the priest who took me in when my parents died.

Flaw: I am inflexible in my thinking.

https://alzrius.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/cleric.jpg
Aug 22, 2015 12:15 pm
Based on Buscuitfiend's post in the other thread: "You are an envoy of an interested party in Neverwinter, looking for Gundren Rockseeker after word of an ambush on the trail, to see he travels safely," it seems like the three of us have traveled together from Neverwinter, so we'd already know each other somewhat.
Sep 11, 2015 6:36 pm
I've suggested to Biscuitfiend that we playtest this new Unearthed Arcana Ranger http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/ranger and he has agreed :-) I think I'll try stat generation method 2 this time (roll stats, arranged (PHB). No re-rolling or low score safety net. Roll 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6 and drop the lowest when you arrange them)

Ok, so final stats (before racial adjustments) are 12, 12, 8, 16, 10, 15. Not stellar, but viable I think.
Last edited September 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Rolls

stat roll - (4d6)

(6214) = 13

stat roll - (4d6)

(4414) = 13

stat roll - (4d6)

(1116) = 9

stat roll - (4d6)

(6255) = 18

stat roll - (4d6)

(2261) = 11

stat roll - (4d6)

(3645) = 18

Sep 13, 2015 3:38 pm
I'm still fine tuning and still subject to DM's approval, but here is my character.

He is a human ranger, using the recently released Unearthed Arcana Variant Ranger. Think Indiana Jones without the charm (low Charisma) :-D

I seriously considered going with a rogue instead of a ranger (he is going to multiclass for sure but I was trying to decide which class to begin with) but because 1) we already have Shane Thorngage, and 2) I really want to playtest the new ranger chassis, that's what I went with.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4a/9c/ec/4a9cecfbb1d44bab6af63d1f461cc189.jpg

Otto Rahn, Relic Hunter

Otto is a relic hunter who often finds himself having to narrowly escape a collapsing temple ruin, being chased by cannibal cultists, or crawling through dark, slimy dungeons. Unfortunately, he is claustrophobic. Other hazards of his occupation include unsavory black market deals and rival treasure hunters, in particular, a man named Belloq. Up against such challenges Otto can be very persuasive...with whip and dagger!

Trait: I insist on checking every ruined fortress, abandoned town, and forgotten castle I come across.
Ideal: Trophy. The original inventors of these relics are dead; why shouldn’t I hold on to them for a while? (Chaotic)
Bond: Once I have acquired an artifact, I will protect it at all costs, even my life.
Flaw: There is an intense rivalry between myself and a particular colleague, and it often clouds my judgment.
Flaw: Claustrophobic.
Last edited September 13, 2015 5:49 pm
Sep 13, 2015 4:10 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
He'll love the mines then! :-)
Sep 13, 2015 4:12 pm
szemely says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
He'll love the mines then! :-)
EXACTLY! :-D
Sep 13, 2015 4:26 pm
Nice one. Otto can enter the cave at any time, cus obviously, treasure hunter.

Perhaps he was looking for the mines, on the good word of an informant?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.