Ruins and Rachni: Mass Effect RPG | Interest Check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 19, 2017 11:06 pm
So as was brought up in a video games thread recently, my brother and I have been working on and off for the last two years or so on adapting the rules of D&D 5E to the setting of the Mass Effect series of games. Just recently, we began initial playtests with our father, and all of us are enjoying it a lot (if that's not to haughty to say). That being said, the thought had never occurred to me to host a game here, in the PbP format. However, D&D 5E is a popular system here without a doubt (probably mostly thanks to Jabes and Naat, I mean seriously how much can you play?), and the thread over in Video Games seems to suggest people generally like Mass Effect as well.

On that note, would anybody be interested in playing a semi-beta game of Ruins and Rachni 2E (we made the 1st edition a while back but it wasn't quite as smooth as the new one, however everyone who took part has some fond memories)? I would be down to DM it at some point after the holiday season, bearing in mind that I will have mock exams in January, so the start up maybe slow. If there's enough interest, I might consider running multiple games or perhaps giving the DMing reins to someone else. That way I would be able to see if it is easy to run even without the intimate knowledge of the system from the inside perspective.

If anybody's interested, I guess you can discuss it here or drop me a PM if you want any more info!
Dec 19, 2017 11:12 pm
Count me in, though I have only played 5E once.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.