LMoP game thread

load previous
Jan 7, 2016 1:48 pm
Otto returns Sildar's bow as the man leaves. "Well then. I'm going to get settled in and then see who's up for some friendly wagers, and see what sort of gossip I can catch." With a wink, Otto does exactly that: he gets himself settled in the modest room he paid for, sets himself down to his meal in the common room, then tries to get friendly with the patrons without being too conspicuous.

Rolls

Gathering information (Investigation) - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Jan 7, 2016 4:09 pm
Otto attempts to greet some of the patrons but the barmaid keeps bumping into him.

"What a handsome fellow. You remind me of someone I once knew. You must be an adventurer? Daran Edarmath, the orchard keeper is a former adventurer. Maybe he can give you some advice?"

She blushes a little, and starts giving you annoying and incoherent gossip about people in the village, preventing you from talking to anyone else and standing in the way. There are a few other townsfolk here and they look at you as if you're the one causing obstruction by talking to the barmaid.
Jan 9, 2016 12:07 pm
Otto is tempted to invite the pretty barmaid up to his room but decides against it for now. He settles himself at the bar and tries to chat up the barkeep.

"So. Tell me more about these Redbrands you mentioned."

OOC: I don't know if I'm allowed another Investigation check, but here goes.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Jan 10, 2016 1:06 pm
I'll treat it as a persuasion roll, giving you a result of 8

"Don't you be worryin' about them honey. Stay out of their way and don't be causin' trouble an' you won't come to no harm!"

The statement seems more ominous because the bar falls deathly silent for a few seconds. It is replaced by a whispery chatter.
Jan 14, 2016 9:12 am
**So much for keeping a low profile!** Otto thinks to himself as he throws back his drink.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.