Play It Solo

load previous
Sep 15, 2019 4:56 pm
Enjoyed D100. My workaround for the plethora of tables was printing the much used tables, printing the cheat sheet, which REALLY helps, and having the book open on my laptop. I have The Adventurer's Companion too (Youtube made me do it!). 4AD is also a good time. I have the next few books after the first but haven't played them yet. Winters here in Central NY can be brutal so all kinds of games get taken out. Dark City Games has lots of adventures that are similar to choose your own adventure but there are maps and mini's. Can be played solo or with a group. Customer service is second to none there.

IronWriter and Winsome look like very handy tools!
Sep 15, 2019 5:37 pm
Downloaded Ironsworn. Reading it now. *excited*
Sep 15, 2019 7:05 pm
Anybody have a link to a good form-fillable pdf character sheet for IronSworn? This isn't bad, but someone might have something better. Thanks!

EDIT: I did consider an all-text sheet. Might be the least fuss, TBH.
Last edited September 15, 2019 7:15 pm
Sep 16, 2019 1:41 am
I like the Fusake play sheet. It's not a pdf but it works really well IMO.
Sep 16, 2019 1:20 pm
Valdus says:

I rediscovered D100 Dungeon .Great stuff, but there is no way my skull can put that horde of tables in my head. Thus I am on the hunt for an excel sheet or a handy online thingamadoodle for it.
I'm in the process of building a Scarlet Heroes adventure helper -- it will be a pretty massive Google Sheet. When I have it complete, I'll post a link here that folks can copy. It should allow for solo play or simply a helper for the DM. I've been experimenting with the idea of 'Improv Gaming' where the DM and player(s) will decide everything about the world, but when they get stuck or want to introduce a random element, you just bring up the rollable tables, including Yes/No oracles to help decide things. The idea is to allow for as little prep as possible for the DM to see what kind of cool stuff can happen.
Sep 16, 2019 2:24 pm
Very much looking forward to that!
Sep 22, 2019 2:23 am
This is entertaining and he goes through the process pretty well using the Mythic Emulator. There are a few episodes. If you haven't heard of him, you've surly heard his voice.

Trevor Devall's solo RPG show
Sep 23, 2019 6:27 pm
Windyridge says:
This is entertaining and he goes through the process pretty well using the Mythic Emulator. There are a few episodes. If you haven't heard of him, you've surly heard his voice.

Trevor Devall's solo RPG show
This is fantastic -- the editing alone makes this worthwhile -- very tight and entertaining.
Last edited September 23, 2019 6:27 pm
Dec 22, 2019 6:30 am
How about text-based solo RPGs like Zork or Sryth?
Last edited December 22, 2019 6:31 am
Dec 22, 2019 1:02 pm
These look cool especially Syrth.
Dec 22, 2019 3:46 pm
Zork:
Honestly I have not tried it but I am aware it is one of the very first of this type of game.

Sryth:
A lot of content is behind a paywall but I have been playing for over a week with a free account and still feel like I have barely scratched the surface of the free content.
Dec 22, 2019 5:17 pm
Good to know.
Jan 8, 2020 3:18 pm
This just came up in my Sryth game. I wish I had known from the beginning.
Quote:
Account Status: 9 days left.

New Sryth accounts remain active and accessible for a period of 30 days following their creation.

After 30 days, non-upgraded accounts are automatically deactivated.

Deactivated accounts will remain in the system for 30 days. After 30 days, deactivated accounts are automatically removed.

Upgraded accounts (Adventurers Guild) are not subject to deactivation and enjoy full access to Sryth as well as the many features and benefits our premium membership offers.

If you enjoy playing Sryth, we invite you to take a moment and discover all that awaits you when you upgrade your account.

As always, thank you for playing and thank you for supporting Sryth!
Last edited January 8, 2020 3:20 pm
Mar 25, 2020 6:55 pm
New solo play Bundle of Holding
[ +- ] Flavour text
Mar 30, 2020 8:11 am
Reposting from @lenpelletier via Discord:
Quote:
saw this 5e solo play web site with one free adventure https://sayeth.itch.io/the-saints-tomb
Apr 5, 2020 3:41 am
Free solo Pathfinder 2 game from Rogue Genius Games
Duskwaker's Due

No Gm? No group? No problem! Physical and social distancing interrupting your game plans? In this GM-less, solo adventure for Pathfinder 2nd edition you are Tarklo Dirge, a wanderer and sword- for-hire. You are one of a rare group of people called duskwalkers, ashen-colored humanoids who guard the cycles of life and death. You have put more unquiet souls to rest than you care to count, and you are often overwhelmed by the enormity of the task ahead of you: the world is filled with so many of the shambling dead and haunting spirits that you fear you’ll never know any life other than returning the dead to their proper repose. Stay home. Be safe. Play games.
Jul 8, 2020 1:48 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Anybody have a link to a good form-fillable pdf character sheet for IronSworn? This isn't bad, but someone might have something better. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12BniWdrBdnq5L_w0w0JlbvFqr4AGsaEgMC0QPFoZz0Y/edit?usp=sharing

I made this out of boredom to try out the game with. It's a google sheets character sheet to use... easy to modify if you need to.
Last edited July 8, 2020 1:49 am
Jul 8, 2020 2:22 am
waceycs says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12BniWdrBdnq5L_w0w0JlbvFqr4AGsaEgMC0QPFoZz0Y/edit?usp=sharing

I made this out of boredom to try out the game with. It's a google sheets character sheet to use... easy to modify if you need to.
Roll20 has a great character sheet that includes the assets, vows and progress tracks. Makes the game so much easier to manage. If you are interested it is free.
Jul 11, 2020 4:38 pm
when I was a kid, I invented my own post apocalyptic RPG to play solo, while I walked down the street, waited for the streetcar etc. It was all based on phone numbers.

Standing at a city intersection, imagine it destroyed, then start looking for phone numbers, and jot them down. As many as you can in 30 seconds or so. On a store sign, or side of a truck, etc.

Each of those numbers represents a foe. Who they are, level of hostility, arms and equipment. Then, since you can't roll dice on the streetcar, I used a deck of playing cards with the J-Q-K's removed. Draw two cards for a d100 roll.

Len

Jul 11, 2020 6:28 pm
Skallagrimm says:
when I was a kid, I invented my own post apocalyptic RPG to play solo, while I walked down the street, waited for the streetcar etc. It was all based on phone numbers.

Standing at a city intersection, imagine it destroyed, then start looking for phone numbers, and jot them down. As many as you can in 30 seconds or so. On a store sign, or side of a truck, etc.

Each of those numbers represents a foe. Who they are, level of hostility, arms and equipment. Then, since you can't roll dice on the streetcar, I used a deck of playing cards with the J-Q-K's removed. Draw two cards for a d100 roll.
That is awesome! You are a beautiful soul.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.