Greetings fellow gamers!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 12, 2018 4:31 pm
Hello! My name is John, most people call me Ding.

I have played rpg videogames all my life, began first getting into Tabletop games in Highschool. My first game was D&D 3.0, and it gave me the little nudge I needed to fall head over heels for Tabletop RPGs. I have since played in 3.5, 4e, 5e, Pathfinder, and Dungeon World campaigns. I have tried my hand at DMing, but I am still very new to it. Currently, most of my recent experiences have been with 5e and I’m enjoying it quite a lot.

As far as me personally, I love puzzles and creating off-The-wall character ideas, and RPing them out in the various worlds I get to play in. I have a love for tinkers and constructs whether magical or mechanical. I love to meet new people and hearing about adventures.

I feel like I am beginning to ramble on a bit, so if you have questions, feel free to ask and I will respond as soon as I can!
I hope to see some of you in a game soon!

John
Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm
Thank you! :)
Jan 12, 2018 4:50 pm
Hi and welcome!
Jan 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Great introduction. Welcome
Jan 12, 2018 5:36 pm
Welcome JcDingman! Your story sounds a lot like mine; started in high school with 3, moved my way up, though you have far more campaign experience than I do. Looking to stick with DnD? Or other systems grab your fancy? And learning to DM with PbP can be really good, as you have the time to figure stuff out without the pressure of the real time table.
Jan 12, 2018 5:55 pm
Thank you to all the warm welcomes!

@Keleth: I’m up to try just about any system. I grew up as a huge fan of sci-fi and things like the Cthulhu mythos. I love Traditional fantasy as well. As far as systems go, I have read through a few other systems but never had the chance to play (Starfinder, the Star Wars RPG, Shadowrun, Fate) as far as my first experiences go here, for now I’m just going to look for a game to fill a little gap I’ve had for games right now, but maybe I’ll try my hand at DMing here after I get more comfortable with it. :)
Jan 12, 2018 9:30 pm
Welcome JcDingman! Love your enthusiasm, before the long cold night of bitterness and disappo... sorry, forgot I wasn't posting on Disgruntled.com. Anyway, I'd love to hear your impressions about Starfinder. I was super excited about it, but my IRL troupes only starred at me blankly when I proposed a Babylon 5 campaign, so I never bought it. Love the idea, though.
Jan 12, 2018 9:47 pm
Sure, I’ll give you my take on it in PM so I don’t clutter up the post here with our discussion on it :)
Jan 13, 2018 2:35 am
Hello and welcome to the site!
Jan 13, 2018 2:45 am
Hello and welcome!
Jan 15, 2018 7:52 am
Welcome, John! You came to the right place - you'll fit right in! Happy gaming! :-)
Jan 15, 2018 12:58 pm
Hi John, Welcome to the community :)
Jan 16, 2018 11:12 pm
Welcome Ding! I have a number of Cthulhu games running at present and I know Lunitar has another breeding right now.
Last edited January 16, 2018 11:15 pm
Jan 21, 2018 2:49 am
@JcDingman, I'm working on putting together a Pathfinder campaign, and I'd love to have your thoughts on it in Game Tavern.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.