Interest Check: Pathfinder Fast Food Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 15, 2018 7:46 pm
Some free time has opened in my schedule, so I've put together another concept for a campaign. It will be in Pathfinder this time, and will center around the party opening a successful restaurant instead of roaming around aimlessly. In between managing affairs back at the restaurant, which has been opened in a highly advanced locale called Starmetal City (where many modern or modern-adjacent amenities have been made available amidst an otherwise medieval world), the party will venture out to hunt exotic meats and raid monster dens for valuable supplies (and cool trinkets to bring in customers!).

Any questions? Takers?
Jan 19, 2018 8:20 pm
Bumping this so it's easier for a potential new player to see. Unknown, this is the game I mentioned in your thread.
Jan 19, 2018 9:33 pm
Your idea here piques my interest! My last Pathfinder character owned a restaurant, and it was a fun bit of flavor trying to balance that work life with adventuring.
Jan 19, 2018 10:24 pm
What can I do to pique your interest further?
Jan 20, 2018 12:53 am
Sounds like a ranger-centric game... :D
Jan 20, 2018 1:23 am
No need for further interest piquing on my part. I would totally play a game like this. How much would the city leadership and other citizens get involved in the restaurant? Competition from across the street, health inspectors, taxes, an arcane form of Yelp?
Jan 20, 2018 1:41 am
Rangers would do well in this game, yes (not to say other classes like alchemist, fighter, or wizard wouldn't). Interested, kalajel?

@Falible, it will be starting as an experiment. There are food stalls and vendors in Starmetal City, but your restaurant would be the first real sit-down sort of place with a great atmosphere and the whole package. So competition may arise if you prove the model works. Health inspectors likewise won't be ready for you, but they will make ready in time. Taxes will definitely jump on it, and arcane Yelp is absolutely a thing, because the city has a form of internet that relies of tech-conscripted divination magic. The demographics and dignitaries you draw in will depend on what you can offer and how popular you are with the commoners.
Jan 20, 2018 3:12 am
Yeah. This is certainly an interesting premise and I'm definitely curious to see how it would unfold... Since the player group would be in a capitalist venture together, I feel more communication between the group during character creation would help making a cohesive group for which it would make sense to have gone into business together.
Jan 20, 2018 5:21 am
I agree. I'm hoping to drum up at least 5 supporters before I set up the game.
Jan 21, 2018 8:28 pm
I've been following this thread with interest, and hesitated to jump in (leaving room for new players), but I love me some Pathfinder. I really like the intended incorporation of resource management. Count me in, WalkerOfSorrow!
Jan 22, 2018 1:15 am
The ethical implications of Necromancy and food service.
Jan 22, 2018 3:03 am
Those are implications I am DYING to uncover, HuginnMuninn. If you and Qralloq are both in, that would give me enough for an average-size party!
Jan 22, 2018 3:09 am
WalkerOfSorrow says:
Those are implications I am DYING to uncover...
I see what you did there.
Jan 22, 2018 3:17 am
Reminds me of an old Nodwick cartoon where they go hunting to feed a village. They start with a dire boar but think it's not enough to feed the village so use the carcass to attract something bigger. Next panel was a bulette... long story short they ended up attracting and killing the tarrasque to feed the village...
Jan 22, 2018 3:45 am
https://gamersplane.com/forums/2278/

Here's a link to the new forum. I'll be working out invitations soon.
Jan 22, 2018 9:45 am
I'm gonna apply for your little idea a bit late, but I sadly always miss these calls for interest when they're new. This sounds like a whole lot of fun!

...So during our Halloween-equivalent event, we should totally have some summoned skeletons as waiters...
Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am
Sounds like fun! Happy to have you aboard.
Jan 22, 2018 12:29 pm
Great! I'll theory craft a few concepts when I get home. I'm thinking Sorcerer or Gunslinger, maybe. Starting at level 1 I assume?
Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm
Well ive got to say, I joined this site with the specific goal of finding a shadowrun game - but this does seem really interesting and fun. One thing is, I have never played Pathfinder before. But i feel like I have enough free time in my life to do both. I will apply, but it mught take me a minute to fix up this character, i will have to dl the pathfinder book(s)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.