Interest Check: Pathfinder Fast Food Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 22, 2018 3:39 pm
All the Pathfinder material is available at their website: Pathfinder PRD
Jan 22, 2018 9:22 pm
Yes I have given it a once over, it seems very similar to dungeons and dragons, I aught to be fine with it. A half-orc sorceror with a draconic bloodline? Guess it helps to be fire resistant in a kitchen! (Can you tell im a chef irl?)
Jan 22, 2018 10:37 pm
Sorcerer's unite! :p

If I end up making a Sorcerer I'll be sure to pick a different bloodline so we have some variety. Though a melee Oracle could also be fun to play... Not an easy choice.
Jan 22, 2018 10:42 pm
So, so far a draconic sorceror cook, a potential gunslinger to hunt our prey, well, I guess I could do the tracker/hunter with a ranger...
Jan 22, 2018 10:52 pm
I'm thinking of making an asimar or elven sommelier. That's a class, right?
Jan 22, 2018 11:24 pm
I would also be open to going Bard, either way i think my character will drop a lot into the profession skill and be a cook. We should all figure out what our nine-to-five gig in the restaurant is as well. There should be both a kitchen and front of house manager, a cook/chef, a server/bartender, and either a dishwasher / busser or a general manager - these are just ideas, but most restaurants would have to have all of these positions covered
Jan 22, 2018 11:26 pm
Servers and front of house persona's should at least be kinda charming, which is not a requirement for back of house at all, so if charisma is your dumpstat your probably gonna end up the dishwasher. At least that's how it works in REAL life lol.
Jan 22, 2018 11:29 pm
HuginnMuninn says:
I would also be open to going Bard, either way i think my character will drop a lot into the profession skill and be a cook. We should all figure out what our nine-to-five gig in the restaurant is as well. There should be both a kitchen and front of house manager, a cook/chef, a server/bartender, and either a dishwasher / busser or a general manager - these are just ideas, but most restaurants would have to have all of these positions covered.
Servers and front of house persona's should at least be kinda charming, which is not a requirement for back of house at all, so if charisma is your dumpstat your probably gonna end up the dishwasher. At least that's how it works in REAL life lol.
Some of those could be filled up with NPC hirelings. I was thinking that if we're going to hunt monsters to collect their meat, might as well start a side-business of tanner/furrier and collect their pelt, teeth, claws, etc. as well...
I'm looking at the Skirmisher right now, a spell-less ranger.
Jan 22, 2018 11:35 pm
Quote:
Some of those could be filled up with NPC hirelings. I was thinking that if we're going to hunt monsters to collect their meat, might as well start a side-business of tanner/furrier and collect their pelt, teeth, claws, etc. as well...
I'm looking at the Skirmisher right now, a spell-less ranger.
This is true, but since our characters will gain experience at a much faster rate, it would be nice if we could sacrafice a little bit of dungeoneering might for some skills that work for our business - being that our characters will be able to become masters of their chosen craft, and don't require us to pay wages. Perhaps you should be the butcher.
Jan 22, 2018 11:46 pm
HuginnMuninn says:
This is true, but since our characters will gain experience at a much faster rate, it would be nice if we could sacrafice a little bit of dungeoneering might for some skills that work for our business - being that our characters will be able to become masters of their chosen craft, and don't require us to pay wages. Perhaps you should be the butcher.
Hmm, not a bad idea...
Jan 22, 2018 11:48 pm
I will go ahead and make an OOC folder in the game so that this area can be reserved for interest-related discussion.
Jan 23, 2018 9:21 am
I've been following this thread since it went up. Half of me has been wanting to join but the other half wants to run far, far away. As a chef and business-owner IRL (Hey there, HuginnMuninn!) this would feel like my day job to me (I love making food but the runnng of the business is something I curse every waking moment as well as in my sleep!) and would probably just stress me out haha!
Last edited January 23, 2018 9:22 am
Jan 23, 2018 9:25 am
@Jabes.plays.RPG, I'll let you in on a little secret. Works for this but also practically any other game. You don't have to set foot in the restaurant. Ever. That is the premise, and a bunch of these people want to spend a lot of time there, but all that means is that the group will need people going out and exploring. My universe isn't restaurant-themed, just the campaign. So make a cool character you think would be fun to play, and go explore my world! Leave your day job to the people who want that kind of gameplay. Fair?
Jan 23, 2018 2:25 pm
Person 1: "There's no way you can get people to play Farmville with Pathfinder!"
WalkerOfSorrow: "Hold my beer."
Jan 23, 2018 4:03 pm
Honestly i just came here for some shadowrun and somehow you tricked me into this with the promise of tasty fried treats...
Jan 23, 2018 5:39 pm
Qralloq says:
Person 1: "There's no way you can get people to play Farmville with Pathfinder!"
WalkerOfSorrow: "Hold my beer."
My only regret is that there is no way to upvote posts on here...
Jan 23, 2018 6:30 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I've been following this thread since it went up. Half of me has been wanting to join but the other half wants to run far, far away. As a chef and business-owner IRL (Hey there, HuginnMuninn!) this would feel like my day job to me (I love making food but the runnng of the business is something I curse every waking moment as well as in my sleep!) and would probably just stress me out haha!
I’m in a similar boat. I’m a major foodie so this theme works for me on so many levels. But then I worry about becoming too invested...
Jan 24, 2018 12:16 am
@Moofsalot, I can't really help you with being too invested, but if you begin to have problems, just talk to me.

@kalajel, I very much agree. Good lord that was funny.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.