Questions and miscellaneous chatter

load previous
Jul 28, 2015 4:54 pm
Strong guy sounds like a good place to start! Along the lines of T-1000, its the mutable/malleable aspect that I'm interested in, although I suppose a small amount of toughness would be inherent with that, but I'm getting more excited by the energy transfer stuff haha. I'll look into strong guy, and work on a place/face as I solidify my background more today
Jul 28, 2015 5:09 pm
Oh right...T-1000 was the liquid metal robot. T-800 was the Arnold model. Guess I lose my nerd card for a while. Shape shifting is also a cool ability. But you do what you want, I don't want to force your hand.
Jul 28, 2015 5:16 pm
I've decided that I'll pretty much model my powers after Bishop...

"...the power to absorb energy, either ambient energy or that directed towards him, and to project that energy from his body in the form of concussive blasts. Bishop can also store absorbed energy within his personal reserves, whereupon the energy increases his strength and recuperative abilities, as well as affording him a measure of invulnerability..."

So some mild toughness, extra strength, and healing when he's got some extra energy stored, but other than that, pretty straightforward... I'm going to work on who he is and a place/face, now.
Jul 28, 2015 6:36 pm
I need to finish up my character sheet and firmly decide on my powers. Are we doing the collateral damage rules from the supplement?
Jul 28, 2015 6:46 pm
I was just wondering about that, myself.
Jul 28, 2015 6:48 pm
The rules where you guys can do super awesome stuff at the price of damaging things you may not have wanted to? Yes, yes we are.
Jul 29, 2015 4:19 pm
@ninjawhat Your character sounds cool the way it's shaping up. I look forward to getting stuck into your phase trio when you get to that stage. I'll go ahead and delete my entry from Warp's trio too, to make room for you if you'd like.
Jul 29, 2015 5:10 pm
Sorry, guys, I meant to have more done by now, but I got called into work yesterday and today... But yeah, that sounds good!
Jul 31, 2015 6:07 pm
I'm going on holiday/vacation for three weeks in an area with patchy Internet access. I will do my best to post daily, but if you don't hear from me for longer than usual, you know why.

I know this is awkward, as we are set to begin. The good thing about Fate is that my default course of action is pretty well described by my aspects, so feel free to NPC me for that time, or else have me busy at work for the opening part of the adventure.
Aug 3, 2015 2:21 pm
Just to say that I have tolerably good Internet connection where I am on holiday, and am getting used to using my phone for posts (a bluetooth keyboard helps!) So, don't let my news of possible absence hold anyone back.
Aug 3, 2015 5:58 pm
*Hype for the beginning of this game intensifies*
Aug 4, 2015 6:36 pm
Ok. I broke my phone on Friday, and i was at Gen-con so I was unable to deal org that issue until now. But I am back up and running. So give me a little bit of time and we will get this underway.
Aug 5, 2015 4:04 pm
Ha ha, I wondered if GenCon might be behind it - and the general sluggishness of games on the site this week. Hope to make it to the USA to attend one year!
Aug 31, 2015 7:04 pm
Has the game died or are we just on hiatus?
Sep 1, 2015 4:06 pm
Alas, I haven't seen foolsmask for a while in this or other games we play here. But he doesn't have the "zzz"s by his name, so there is hope that he could return.
Sep 1, 2015 10:32 pm
I too hope for foolsmask's return.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.