Welcome! & Discussion

load previous
Feb 27, 2018 1:08 am
ANTICIPATION INTENSIFIES!
Feb 28, 2018 4:48 am
Sorry, I've been super busy with work & kid stuff. I'll try and make the starting post tonight but I promised before that I'd work on a Burning Wheel character for another game and I need to get to that first.

If I don't kick this off tonight, I'll do it tomorrow night without fail.
Mar 7, 2018 6:23 am
hey all stevezke here, glad to be in a cypher game as i have as of late being enjoying it a hell of alot more then D&D but i am new to the system so i might be slow on certain rullings and the like. but other then that i look forward to playing with everyone in game :D
Last edited March 8, 2018 4:32 am
Mar 8, 2018 3:28 am
Hey, I'm new to the system, as well. As is Aakin, for sure. I don't remember, or know, how new the others are.

But, it's all good! We're all here to have a good time and tell a fun story. Welcome aboard!
Mar 8, 2018 4:07 am
Hello and welcome! It's okay if you're new; Cypher's really quick and easy to pick up once you fiddle with it a little. I've played mostly Numenera, but it's all the same. If you have questions or need help with anything, just shout :3
May 9, 2018 12:41 pm
So, I think I'm going to roll up some sort of experimental soldier. Ideally, it might be a Bug-hybridized human (as the idea would be, for the mission, he and his fellow projects would be able to just acquire new parts as they head further into Bug territory) but maybe that's not feasible with this whole situation. Alternatives would just be a mechanical exosuit fighter (since we already have a cyborg, I think), some enhancement serum, or a very limited application of telekinesis in amplifying attacks. What do you think, GM?

Also, do you think such a project heading off into Bug territory to wreak what havoc it may would be made of criminals, the poor, and other damned? If so, he'll take the Exiled descriptor. If not and this mission was voluntary (though probably suicidal), possibly Brash or something that describes his physical nature. Possibly Mechanical if it's the exosuit idea I go forward with.
May 10, 2018 1:49 am
It's definitely a volunteer only mission. But, you could always be a military prisoner and your options were, "Volunteer for this mission or have your execution sentence carried out."

I don't think a human/bug hybrid really fits the setting. That would suggest that the humans understand the bugs a lot more than we've established they do. Being a cyborg or exosuit fighter sounds very fitting.
May 11, 2018 3:02 am
Alright, character creation for Padre is mostly done. He can be looked at now, I think. Just need to determine connections (not sure how) and finalize gear. Is there any other gear available other than on the table on p. 253?

Also, would the ship/mission that Padre had gone on be using vehicles for their mission? (doesn't matter if they survived the accident or not) Just to determine if that's an appropriate tech skill for him or if something else would be better like identifying or machines.
May 11, 2018 11:56 am
As for the first part.
For connections just throw up anything you'd like to be connected on and PCs can 'retcon' the connection if agreed on by both
parties. Cypher games are pretty light on crunch for equipment/gear versus say Eclipse Phase or Shadowrun.

Second part seems backgroundish so that's you and the GM to deliberate on.

(Also welcome aboard, it ain't much but it works and we're not on fire)
May 12, 2018 4:14 am
Yeah, vehicles works. Gear is one of the things that's easiest to make up. What kinds of things are you looking for?
May 12, 2018 5:25 am
Shark_Bone says:
Yeah, vehicles works. Gear is one of the things that's easiest to make up. What kinds of things are you looking for?
Looking for something in the "expensive items" category, since nothing there seems like something Padre would either want or be normally supplied with. I was thinking maybe some sort of high-capacity and rechargeable energy pack for Padre's blast cannon would be applicable? Not sure what it would be like in terms of # of shots or recharging ability.

That was just the first idea, though. An expensive grenade (what I was curious about those is if having/purchasing them as an item meant they were single use or if it represented a large, but finite, supply such that they are reusable over and over again) which mixed the properties of the two moderately-priced grenades could also be good.
May 14, 2018 2:46 am
We don't really use ammo, so I think a charge pack for a weapon would be useless. Having a fusion battery, on the other hand, would be pretty handy. You could use that in... well, whatever cases it would be useful to have a very powerful battery.
May 14, 2018 3:56 am
Shark_Bone says:
We don't really use ammo, so I think a charge pack for a weapon would be useless. Having a fusion battery, on the other hand, would be pretty handy. You could use that in... well, whatever cases it would be useful to have a very powerful battery.
Oh, alright. A fusion battery it shall be, then. The scifi genre equipment list has an ammo pack listed as one of the inexpensive items so I figured it was part and parcel with the genre assumptions. And I guess I'll replace the ammo pack as one of those inexpensive items.
May 16, 2018 3:53 am
I think there are times when the book does quote a use for ammo, but it's not that common. I'm not bothering with it. This is kind of a one-shot for the system.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.