A Time to Harvest - Chapter Four

Mar 4, 2018 11:24 pm
Monday November 3rd, 1930

The day after the events in the Detroit office, Larry Nekler, David Drake, Sarah Matheson and Sam Morrison leave with you and travel by train to Pittsfield, Massachusetts. The equipment your requested and autos needed for the missions are also placed on the train, taking up two entire box cars plus a flatcar for the autos.

You spend the night in Pittsfield at a comfortable hotel and then leave early next morning on another train heading north through the Appalachian Mountains bound for Brattleboro, Vermont. On arrival in Brattleboro, everything is taken off the train and loaded into the two vehicles. Sam Morrison drives the car and Larry the truck.
OOC:

Anyone wishing to discuss things en route, now is the time..
Mar 4, 2018 11:32 pm
"A lot of weird stuff happened last time I was here. Crazy dreams that we all had, zoogs, moon beasts, the works. Even reports of vampires. The sheriff and his deputy are not my biggest fans either. Not to mention the mi go killing pretty much everyone but me. If you have any questions now is the time."
Mar 5, 2018 12:00 am
After seeing what we saw at the FOC building... I think I need you to tell me exactly what occurred last time you were here.
Mar 5, 2018 12:36 am
"we came out as a school group to study local legends and a site the school found. I was in the local legends team. We stayed at an old farm house. We all had dreams if strange creatures etc.
So one day we decided to check the surroundings. We found zoogs in the woods. I believe they are intelligent and possibly friendly, at least they never hurt us. They look kinda like rats. And then we found a moon beasts. It's like a frog with tentacles. So much weird up here.

And finally there is the migo. They were everywhere websawbin in the water, and then they fell upon us at the dig site. They swept up almost everyone. And took out their brains and put in migo slave brains..."
Mar 5, 2018 12:39 am
here, read this. It's not complete yet. But it covers the beginning times pretty well."

Mathis lays out his journal.
OOC:
read the Mathis journal section for oictures and more details if you would like.
Mar 5, 2018 3:33 am
Clive looks up. You said there were reports of vampires. Do you think that was the Mi go...or something else?
Mar 5, 2018 3:52 am
"I never saw any proof of a vampire. But the local doctor swears they are real and that he saw one."
Mar 5, 2018 7:48 am
OOC:
Note that anyone who reads Mathis journal should make a Sanity check.
Mar 5, 2018 8:17 am
Eugene buries his nose in Mathis' journal, fascinated by events that happened before FOC sent him to Canada. After he is finished, he says: "Disturbing and fascinating at the same time. More on the disturbing side, to be honest."
Last edited March 5, 2018 8:18 am

Rolls

Sanity (68) - (1d100)

(91) = 91

Mar 5, 2018 8:20 am
+1 Cthulhu Mythos

Rolls

Eugene sanity loss - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Mar 5, 2018 8:37 am
"Mathis, I wonder... It is a rather personal question, so if you don't wish to answer, I would not dare to insist... but do you still have those nightmares you described in your journal?"
Mar 5, 2018 12:42 pm
"no, they stopped as soon as we left the area."
Mar 5, 2018 12:47 pm
"Do you think these nightmares will return as you go back?"
Mar 5, 2018 1:05 pm
"I brought them up because I think all if us will have them"
Mar 5, 2018 6:09 pm
William opens his jar with shaky hands. "Well, I already have night terrors, so nothing to risk here but my life." He swallows a couple pills and his hands stop shaking. "Do you think they are concentrated here because of the strange ore, or is the oar here because of them? Or, is it just a coincidence?"
Mar 5, 2018 6:14 pm
"I honestly have no idea. It might be completely unrelated, or be related to the zoogs and not the ore. Maybe there is an inter-dimensional thin spot there. Maybe some kind of horrible creatures can see us from the great beyond while we are there. Maybe the Mi-go can make us have these dreams as a defense mechanism to scare us off. I just don't know. But I do know that I owe those fucking monsters a blood debt. And a steele always pays his debts."
Mar 6, 2018 3:41 pm
Doc rolls his eyes as Mathis growls about "paying debts," but then slowly closes the journal and takes a deep breath.

I have to say, when I first arrived at the FOC headquarters, I thought you boys were crazy - that your psyches had manufactured these shared delusions due to the trauma you had suffered in your last trip to Vermont. I still don't really know how much of this I can believe yet - but after seeing what I saw the other day, I'm prepared to accept the fact that there may be more at play here than I can understand or explain. So, I have to ask: What exactly are they sending you back here for? What have they told you? How much do you know? Mr. Abelard explained why he's sent me to tag along with you, but I'm still very much in the dark as to what the general purpose of this return trip he has orchestrated is. What, exactly, have you been sent back here to do?

Rolls

Sanity Check for reading Steele's Journal (70) - (1d100)

(16) = 16

Mar 6, 2018 5:45 pm
Bill looks at Doc, surprised he doesn't know,"Kill mi-go."
Last edited March 6, 2018 5:46 pm
Mar 6, 2018 5:50 pm
Doc raises his eyebrows with a chuckle. Seems like a simple enough directive, I suppose, but I'm a bit surprised he sent you lot to do that sort of dirty work. Do you young men know how to find these creatures once we get there?
Mar 6, 2018 8:24 pm
In fact, I will be leading the expeditions into the hills. The students are here to continue interviewing locals, looking for tales of folklore about these creatures. We have a small army encamped nearby who will be in constant radio contact.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.