A Time to Harvest - Chapter Four

load previous
Mar 7, 2018 12:02 am
Do you think there is anything we can do to...um...block our minds off from those creatures so we don't get the nightmares you were talking about? Clive asks looking around the room.
Mar 7, 2018 12:04 am
"we could try helmets made of armadillo shells and tinfoil. Or possibly stay in a different location.
Mar 7, 2018 12:39 am
If we had a car perhaps we can drive in each day and stay well out of town?
Mar 7, 2018 8:10 am
We're set up in the same farmhouse the students stayed in before. Don't worry, I've a plan to protect the place so you'll be quite safe.
Mar 7, 2018 8:12 am
OOC:
No Sanity loss for Doc but he gains one Mythos point
Mar 7, 2018 8:14 am
Morrison presents his plan.

https://i.imgur.com/i8WXlzm.jpg
Mar 7, 2018 8:24 am
Eugene suddenly feels very out of place. He has neither training nor experience for such warfare. He fiddles with a gun he commissioned, now in a pocket of his jacket, feeling stupid.
Mar 7, 2018 8:25 am
After a relatively short and pleasant road trip, you travel through Cobb's Corners. Familiar to Mathis, though not so fondly remembered. For the rest of you, this place looks like something out of a Rockwell painting, a place of great scenic beauty. Small shops line the unpaved Main Street leading to a waterfront district consisting of a couple of warehouse and a few short piers. Spread out behind the stores are a collection of homes, a library, town hall, sheriff's office and the office of Cobb's Corner's Gazette. In the background, the Green Mountains stand majestically.

The procession attracts plenty of curious looks from the locals and some disapproving ones too, the latter most notably seen on the face of Sheriff Spencer.

As you arrive at the Maclearan farmhouse, an unexpected sight greets you, three large trucks with "Federated Oil and Chemical" painted on their sides and a group of about twenty men busily working on various tasks.
Mar 7, 2018 8:29 am
"This place is beautiful. If I didn't know about nightmares Mathis told us, I'd love to retire here." Eugene tries a joke.
Mar 7, 2018 2:19 pm
"When you're laying out your defensive plans, know that alot of the stuff seems to come from that forest of sugar maples."
Mar 7, 2018 2:53 pm
"Oh, make no mistake, my men and I did a full recce of that forest when we cleaned up after you! We know exactly what is there."

Indicating the trucks, "Abelard sent these men to fix up the old place to make it comfortable for the team. There's a shed built onto the side to store a generator so electricity won't be a problem and plenty of lighting. We've also built an outhouse closer to the building so no-one has to stray too far away. The bridge that collapsed when you were here we've repaired with a solid structure. Inside the house, the men should also have reinforced everything with solid oak and steel beams. This place is like a fortress now. I'll be spending the day setting traps. Mathis, I gather this is an area that interests you, perhaps you can help. The rest of you, help get the gear unloaded and Larry will get the radio set up."
Mar 7, 2018 10:07 pm
"I suppose you also have barricades to keep the dream at bay? I'm afraid everything can't be shot and beaten to death that might put us at risk."
Mar 8, 2018 1:22 am
Dreams? Huh! With some good old fashioned hard work, you’ll all sleep like babies tonight!
Mar 8, 2018 1:45 am
William walks in the direction of the maple trees and looks down the road.
Mar 8, 2018 3:42 am
Clive shrugs and starts to unload the gear. Any place in particular we should be bunking and setting this other stuff up?
Mar 8, 2018 3:45 am
"Let's set some traps. Sounds fun."
Mar 8, 2018 7:56 am
Bill wanders round the back of the house and sees an old outhouse some 50 feet from the house, past a path covered in freshly cut weeds and grass. Not far from it is a flowerbed in full bloom surrounded by a ring of stones. Violets, daisies, lilacs and buttercups that comprise the bed are too neat to be the product of chance.

Surrounding the outhouse and beyond are massive Sugar Maples and the forest looks thick and dark.
Mar 8, 2018 8:07 am
Everyone helps unload the equipment and a small group of men help Mathis and Morrison lay a series of traps and alarms around the farmhouse. These include simple snares, wicked looking bear traps, nets in the trees to capture flying mi-go, large covered pits concealing cages and trip wires which trigger warming alarms inside the farmhouse. Larry sets up the Radio to the generator and attaches an antenna to the roof. This work lasts until the early evening and once everything is complete, the workmen drive away in their trucks leaving you with your four new friends, Morrison, Drake, Larry Nekler and Sarah Matherson.
OOC:

In addition to anything you requested personally, here is the inventory of gear at the house.
https://i.imgur.com/mrA029F.jpg
Mar 8, 2018 8:11 am
Clive finds a map of Cobb's Corners on the dining table.

https://i.imgur.com/Qdod56d.jpg
Mar 8, 2018 8:15 am
Matherson and Drake have been busy in the kitchen preparing a hearty stew. Everyone sits to eat after the work is done.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.