A Time to Harvest - Chapter Four

load previous
Mar 8, 2018 2:04 pm
OOC:
Any chance I could get a roll on helping with setting all these traps. Thats one of the skills mathis is trying to increase?
Mar 8, 2018 2:09 pm
"We will need to check our traps quite often. Atleast daily. The ones I set last time I was here were disassembled by the zoogs I believe" mathis says as he comes to sit down for dinner. "Also based on the lore I learned last time I was here, it might honestly be worth trying to communicate with them. I think they may be friendly to our cause."
Last edited March 8, 2018 2:12 pm
Mar 8, 2018 2:53 pm
"I should go to the forests with you and try to find out more about these zoog creatures. Make murdering useful this way. I won't go alone, though."
Mar 8, 2018 3:08 pm
Knifesedgegames says:
Bill wanders round the back of the house and sees an old outhouse some 50 feet from the house, past a path covered in freshly cut weeds and grass. Not far from it is a flowerbed in full bloom surrounded by a ring of stones. Violets, daisies, lilacs and buttercups that comprise the bed are too neat to be the product of chance.

Surrounding the outhouse and beyond are massive Sugar Maples and the forest looks thick and dark.
OOC:
Last time we were here we found a skeleton in that garden and the sheriff dug it up. Has it been returned back to normal now?
Mar 8, 2018 3:12 pm
I thought that Morrison said your jobs were to gather more anecdotal accounts from the townspeople?
Mar 8, 2018 3:15 pm
"It is. But there are supernatural creatures that live in those woods, right over there. I have met them myself. I know they are there. I'm not saying its the first thing I am going to do, or even that I plan on doing it, just that it might be a good idea to try and work with them. They might have a better understanding than the common folk down in town."
Mar 8, 2018 4:13 pm
OOC:
Yes, the bed appears to have been returned and likely fresh flowers planted.
Mar 8, 2018 4:15 pm
From what Father Simon told me, they attacked him when he ran in fear from the Moonbeast. I don't think we should treat them as friendly.
Mar 8, 2018 4:19 pm
"friendly was probably an over statement. I think they like the taste of human flesh and are opportunists, but would likely trade knowledge with us for trinkets from our civilization. But it's just a thought. Honestly knowing what I know about them now, they are likely the source if the missing children and possibly even the vampire lore here."
Mar 8, 2018 4:27 pm
Kaosanddoom says:
OOC:
Any chance I could get a roll on helping with setting all these traps. Thats one of the skills mathis is trying to increase?
OOC:

No need for a roll. As you're doing this for a few hours, we'll add it to the skill list to roll for at the end of the chapter.
Mar 8, 2018 4:30 pm
At dinner Bill brings up the topic of the town, "What townsfolk do we suspect are mi-go plants?"
Mar 8, 2018 4:31 pm
Missing children? I never read anything about that in the reports, can you elaborate on what you learned?
Mar 8, 2018 5:04 pm
Mathis pulls out his journal and turns to a page and reads to make sure he is telling it right. "Sorry I mixed a few stories in my head. There were animal disappearances and murdered children. Let me read you this quote from the town doctor. He said "In addition to that, on occasion, when a youngster dies, their bodies are sometimes missing large quantities of blood. I examined bodies of children that apparently had died from accidents, yet there was little or no blood at the site or in the bodies. I tested the blood from one of the accidents. It was pig's blood. This..this ghost you've come to ask me about is not that sir, it is Nosferatu" I think its actually the zoog out here, not a vampire. but thats just my theory."
Mar 8, 2018 8:50 pm
OOC:
Also, there were some special request items we were told at the beginning of joining that we could have for this expedition. I know it was a long time ago, I almost forgot too. Any chance we actually got those.? I asked for additional study materials on the Mi-go and other related supernatural creatures, and a tranquilizer gun. Everything else I asked for is already here.
Mar 8, 2018 9:42 pm
OOC:
OK thought I'd mentioned previously, but not problem, there's no written materials available for study but everything that is known about the MiGo is in Matherson's head (and most of that she's already shared with you)

Any other gear requested is here with everything else.
Mar 8, 2018 9:52 pm
OOC:
Matherson is the psychologist, right?
Mar 8, 2018 9:54 pm
Knifesedgegames says:
OOC:
OK thought I'd mentioned previously, but not problem, there's no written materials available for study but everything that is known about the MiGo is in Matherson's head (and most of that she's already shared with you)

Any other gear requested is here with everything else.
OOC:
You had said something but I wanted to make sure. I don't feel like a Mi-go Expert yet, was hoping for more. lol
Mar 8, 2018 9:58 pm
Santouche says:
OOC:
Matherson is the psychologist, right?
OOC:
No that's David Drake. Doctor Sarah Matherson is scientist and resident expert on the Mi-Go.
Mar 8, 2018 9:59 pm
OOC:
They're mf aliens, there's no such thing as a mi-go expert lol.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.