Investigation on a stormy night

Mar 19, 2018 2:13 am
You pull up to the address you were told about. The light drizzle doesn't look promising as you look up as clouds seem to roll in and darken as the sun finally sets. At the door you see a familar face from a previous case when you hit the doorbell. They guide you into a couples living room. By the looks of the couple the wife clutching a dirty stuffed animal and the rigid jaw of the husband they both stand when they notice you finally. The man introduces himself with a sudden extended hand and firm handshake as Mr Pierce. The wife her eyes puffy and red stammers out Gloria eventually before burying her face in her husbands chest a silent sob escaping her open mouth her knuckles white against the clutched stuffed animal.
Remnant sent a note to Remnant
Mar 19, 2018 3:49 am
"Good evening to the both of you," Sal says flatly. "As you know my name is Sal Malo. I had you referred to me by a colleague who thought I might be able to help you. So, what might I be able to do in order to aid you?" He can't help but feel a certain sense of pity for the crying woman clutching the stuffed animal. The image is, if nothing else a bit pathetic, but in the way he'd always hoped his mother cared about him.
Mar 19, 2018 4:05 am
The man explains his wife was fixing lunch before she was going to go to the park with their son. She hadn't heard from him the last few times she called out for him and went to check on him. Looking in front of the TV and his room had her calling more loudly for him when she didn't see him. Looking outside she found one of his stuffed toys in the mud close to the street but no kid. She called her husband and he came home. The cops had been notified but with only a description of the boy they were searching but hadn't found anything. A friend of the family opted to suggest getting someone to focus on finding the boy. The cops might be doing their job but they had other things on their plate. The couple just wanted their boy back.
OOC:
Added the framework for the adventure for myself above. I'll share out once we're done. What would you like to do?
Mar 20, 2018 2:46 am
OOC:
Start asking questions, and start looking around
Sal watches the couple as they recount the story. Sometimes this job is the absolute pits, he thinks to himself. After they recount the recent events, Sal says,
OOC:
Also, I'd like to have Sal check for any body langauge that might say that the story being told isn't entirely on the up and up.
"My apologies to have to be here for such a problem. Its times like this where, if it were between working myself out of a job, or be busy, I'd take unemployment. Such as it is though, we have a real crisis to deal with. Do you folks mind if ask you some questions and/or look around a bit?"
Last edited March 20, 2018 2:51 am
Mar 20, 2018 1:06 pm
OOC:
Lets get a notice and/or streetwise checks.
The husband nods cradling his wife and looks ready to follow you around if you move around the house and seems ready to field any questions.
[ +- ] Notice vs Investigation vs Streetwise
Mar 22, 2018 1:05 am
OOC:
Streetwise and Notice
"I apologize in advance because some of what I'm about to ask you will probably be stuff you've already discussed," Sal says while getting a small notepad out of his pocket. He also discreetly hits record on his phone to make sure he captures the conversation. "Why don't we start at the beginning? When did you first notice there was a problem?"
Last edited March 22, 2018 1:10 am

Rolls

Notice - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Streetwise - (1d8)

(2) = 2

Mar 22, 2018 2:47 pm
The wife explain she was making lunch before they went to the park and their son seemed impatient to go. When he had fallen silent she called out to him since he wasn't complaining. He wasn't in front of the TV and he wasn't in his room she explained before looking at her husband explaining she check outside on a whim but the front door had been locked and she didn't think he would have just walked outside. The toy she had found she holds up explaining it was out in the yard close to the street. No one was around and she yelled out his name but got no answer and she came back inside calling her husband and then the police. An Amber alert had been sent out.
OOC:
Don't forget Investigator adds to your streetwise so it's a pass.
From the body language the wife feels guilty and thinks the husband blames her for what happened. The husband is just burnt out you think from the bags under his eyes he's probably been working late hours since the look on his face seems like the event really hadn't set in with him mentally.
Mar 24, 2018 5:07 am
"Hmmm...so based on where you found the toy its as if he'd simply walked outside via the front door and vanished near the street...," Sal says whil trailing off at the end. He scrutinizes his notebook a bit, and then looks back up at the couple. He makes sure to keep a sober, professional look on his face at all times. "May I see the toy you'd found by the street?"
OOC:
I'd like to have Sal have a look at it, and search for ripped seams or signs that someone may have pulled on it with some force.
Last edited March 24, 2018 5:08 am
Mar 24, 2018 1:34 pm
OOC:
Lets go with a notice on the inspection.
Mar 24, 2018 3:27 pm
Notice
OOC:
sneaking a quick roll in...
Last edited March 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Rolls

Notice - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Mar 24, 2018 5:39 pm
Looking over the animal it does look dirty but nothing major you think at first when you notice an odd stain. A quick sniff gives off the scent of tobacco and patchouli. Considering the stain you think chewing tabaco versus smoking. The smell reminds you of a place you been to in the city refered to as Mexicantown due to the high illegal hispanic population there.
Mar 25, 2018 2:54 am
"Do either of you smoke?" Sal asks flatly. He quickly jots down a note, and snaps a quick pic of the stain.
Mar 25, 2018 3:42 am
The wife shakes her head no and the husbands explained he tried it when he was a teenager.
Mar 26, 2018 3:27 am
He hands back the bear, and makes a note about neither parent smoking. "I have some other questions, but I imagine the police wne through the standard list already. So I'd like to ask a couple things," Sal says. "Where would your children most likely play when outside the home, and do you think you could approximate the spot you think where you found his toy? If possible, I'd like to go ahead and see these places. Perhaps after that we can just do a quick once over of the house, so I can see if there might be anything out of the ordinary."
Last edited March 26, 2018 3:28 am
Mar 26, 2018 1:09 pm
The wife speaks up as the husband seems lost as to how to answer. She explains she was going to take him to the local park in the area which was in walking distance. She shows you and the husband outside where she found the stuffed animal. They wait to see where else you'd like to see around the house.
OOC:
Finding the park she mentions is easily available via your smartphone looking on the map app.
Mar 27, 2018 2:59 am
Listening intently to the discussion, Sal puts the park into his GPS to go and have a look at it later. He also notes the exact area she indicates for the location of the stuffed animal. I can look there on my way to the park, he thinks forming a plan in his head. "Well, kids get into everything right? Let's have a look around the house. Anywhere you think your child may have spent time playing. I'd guess that's probably his room, your room, and any place else you think is relevant."
OOC:
My thinking here is that, I can look around the rooms they mention, and see if there is anything that might be of value to the investigation. Now, for a situation like this, would you prefer separate rolls, or just one for the whole search?
Mar 27, 2018 8:23 am
OOC:
let's get a notice and investigation roll.
Mar 28, 2018 3:12 am
Notice and investigation

Rolls

Notice - (1d8)

(3) = 3

Investigation - (1d8)

(5) = 5

Mar 28, 2018 2:19 pm
OOC:
Investigation rolls are also at a +2 from Investagor Edge.
The house doesn't reveal anything more really of note, although some things are out of place or messy it falls in line with having a child in the house not focused on being tidy. The stuff animal and walking around inside and outside of the house has you standing out in the street after looking for traffic before kneeling and looking at the side of the road in their grass and down the street.

You're getting the impression the stain of tobacco wasn't from someone the child knew and he possibly smacked someone in the face with his stuffed toy. Someone possibly pulled over quickly to grab the kid got hit with a stuff toy smacked it away and took the kid before driving off. You're looking for someone who has a rather unique taste and smelling chewing tobacco that wouldn't have a reason to be in this suburban area. This is definitely a kidnapping, where they headed besides away from the house and why escape you.

Mar 30, 2018 1:59 am
"Thank you for the tour of your house. You have a lovely home. For now, I'd like to start trying ask around some other places, see what the police have uncovered, and hit the streets. Out of curiosity though, could you recommend a good tobacconist?" Sal shakes their handles individually, and waits to see how they respond to his question. Although he has no reason to believe either parent smoked, it might lead to a place he could go and ask questions.
OOC:
The next stop is the park the mom indicated as being nearby. I'd like Sal to poke around, and see if there might be a particularly good vantage point of the park. Maybe even evidence of the kidnappers.
Mar 30, 2018 11:51 am
The couple are visibly confused and suggest possibly using google and checking reviews. The drive over to the park is easy enough, the later hour and rain have you looking at the park free of interference from others it seems.
OOC:
Lets get a notice check then.
Mar 31, 2018 3:46 am
Notice

Rolls

Notice - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Mar 31, 2018 6:42 pm
You don't find anyone but with no one around you find yourself sniffing by one bench on the edge of the park. The scent of patchouli and tobacco come from a spot in the grass close to the bench. You also notice no insects in the area close to the wet spot and chewed up tabacco.
Apr 1, 2018 2:42 am
Sal takes a moment to look around near the bench. The intertwining smells make his nose tickle a bit.
OOC:
I'm going to roll for Notice,
to see if I can see any stains of tobacco on the ground, and collect a sample if possible. Also, I'd like to see if I can find any imprints of feet, or even any detritus immediately around the area I can take pics of, and/or bag for analysis. Would this be multiple rolls?The other reason is to see what kind of vantage point I have of the house, if any.
Apr 1, 2018 11:41 pm
OOC:
You could find the chewed item easily enough by the smell, footprints would be a tracking roll. 1d4-2 if you don't have it.
Apr 1, 2018 11:56 pm
Sal deftly pockets the chewed remains of a previous occupant for the bench. He looks around as best as he can, to try and determine a direction of a person that took the time to sit, and possibly watch his client's home. While he's trying to figure out who was coming and going, Sal snaps a few pics with his phone. Shots showing the line of sight from the bench, parking nearby, and the surrounding streets. Maybe I can work out if a vehicle were headed in a particular direction...not much, but it could help me know where to ask potential witnesses if I can get a identification on a specific vehicle, if there is one, Sal mulls this idea with as much as positivity as he can, knowing it might really yield much, "but hey, leads are leads."
OOC:
I don't have tracking and I'm not really expecting much, but for the sake of making our way through the rule book this is another chance to incorporate something.

Rolls

Tracking - (1d4-2)

(2) - 2 = 0

Apr 2, 2018 11:36 am
While Sal easily finds the chewing tobacco with a little light finding footprints or a possible frequented path doesn't pan out. You figure the recent drizzle and rain might have foiled this for you. With a baggy of chewed tobacco and no line of sight to the house Sal is currently out of things going on here at the Park.
OOC:
Where to next?
Apr 3, 2018 1:12 am
As quickly as possible, Sal heads to his car, and takes down some notes.

Parents don't seem to know much, but have spoken with police. No knowledge of the actual kidnapping, or when, where, or how it happened. Strange tobacco stains are on the child's toy, and a potentially similar tobacco was found at the park.
No telling if the id is still around town.

Two possible places to begin searching:
Police, and tobacco shops.

Sal takes out his phone and starts making a list of any place he can think of that sells tobacco. Hopefully, at one of the actual tobacco shops someone can help me pinpoint what the actual product is, he thinks to himself. Then maybe I can figure out who buys this crap. Hmmm...

Barring that, the police might have some information that can help, if I can get it out of them. Maybe a search through the sex offender database might be a good idea as well.
OOC:
Next stop would preferably be a highly regarded tobacco shop in town. One people think is a place where the people that work "know their stuff".
Apr 3, 2018 10:08 am
From your hunch about checking shops in Mexicantown you drive over. Between your phone and shops you find the product is a bit unique and not the taste of most. You walk into Guillermo's a little before closing and your thinking one if not the only on to carry the product.
Apr 3, 2018 4:09 pm
"Whew...made it in time. Good evening," Sal says greeting the staff. "He takes a look around, trying to identify a package similar to one he found on the ground before asking for help.
OOC:
Notice? to be able to pick through whatever might be on display. If you're wondering why I don't ask outright its because I'd like to avoid explaining that I'm investigating a crime. Paranoia can be great friend in detective stories.

Rolls

Notice - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Apr 4, 2018 12:21 pm
You find yourself staring at a brand of chewing tabacco called "Chupacabra Chewing Tabacco". The display states it's made with real goat's blood which makes you wonder why the work 'real' needed to be added. Was there people complaining about the taste of fake blood? Were competitors using fake blood and this had a more 'refined taste'. You realize this distraction has had you pondering for several minutes.

Apr 5, 2018 3:24 am
Reading the label leaves Sal feeling more than a little uneasy. "Goatsucker chewing tobacco...mmm, tempting..," he thinks to himself sarcastically. He turns to the staff and asks, "This is gimmick right? Real goat blood? I've heard of aging tobacco, but what does goat blood do for tobacco leaves? Does anyone really come in looking for specifically for that?" He waits a moment, and then quickly adds, "I don't mean any offence, its just that this caught my eye, and now I'm curious."
Apr 5, 2018 11:37 am
"Oh no Mister das a novelty gift. It's real tobacco but it's for pranks." a older Hispanic man explains pointing at the display. You now notice the small asterisk and the small message explaining at the bottom of the display it wasn't make with actual blood.

"You lookin fur a gift maybe?" he offers seemingly willing to assist a possible customer.
Apr 5, 2018 7:26 pm
"Well, you know, I just might be. I have to admit, I'm kind of a softie for cheap laughs. I may take some of this tobacco. I can't help but wonder do people actually buy this stuff to chew it, or just for gifts? Otherwise, I'd be in the market for a decent bit of loose tobacco. Haven't had a quality cigarette in a long time," says Sal looking over the store, and then finally on the man.
Apr 6, 2018 4:17 pm
"What customers do with it once they purchase it and leave is beyond me Sir. I can show you the loose tobacco selection." he explains, the selection is moderate but reasonably priced. You have a few options available for purchase. You've learned a bit actually about tobacco and various rolling papers making a difference in the experience when you smoke it. Due to your curious nature you've noticed you're bumping up close to closing time. The owner doesn't seem to be pressuring you though into making a decision.

Apr 7, 2018 2:15 am
"Sure, what do you have for a good slow smoke?" Meanwhile, Sal is taking in all of the details he can about the store.
OOC:
Were there any other tobacco shops of note, or was this the only one?
Apr 7, 2018 5:52 pm
He makes some comments and goes through you options and their price.
OOC:
From your web search you figure this is your best shot at finding out the brand of its sold here, etc.
Apr 8, 2018 1:58 am
While the shopkeep is going over the inventory, Sal agrees to a tobacco, and pays the man. With his tobacco in hand, as well as the novelty chewing tobacco, Sal asks pointing at the goat blood tobacco, "how long does this stuff keep for?"
OOC:
If I wanted to convince the guy to talk about who actually buys this stuff on a regular basis, would that be persauson? For Sal that would be a 1d6,
I believe.
Apr 8, 2018 2:54 am
"A few weeks if kept sealed when not used" he explains.
OOC:
Yep persuasion. don't forget the wild die too.
Apr 9, 2018 2:56 am
Do you have regulars, like people who actually chew this stuff? Sal asks trying to look part bemused and part grossed out.
OOC:
Do I understand this then that Sal counts as a "Wild Card"? In the book it says this for Wild Die: ...But Wild Cards roll an extra d6 and take the highest of their normal die or the wild die when making skill or attribute rolls. Wild dice are rolled just like the trait dice, and can Ace as well. Does this mean I always roll a d6 as my wild die, or whatever my skill or attribue is?

Rolls

Persausion - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Wild die - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Apr 9, 2018 4:34 pm
OOC:
Yep just noticed I haven't been reminding you. Besides a run roll or randomized/special rolls there's usually a wild die.
"I keep a good relationship with the community, it's good for business. Well there's one guy who's kind of creepy, I'm mostly nice since he's quiet and pays for his stuff but also I kind of get that he might kill me and wear my face vibe you know." he admits.

Apr 9, 2018 4:55 pm
OOC:
Interesting. When I read the rules it sounded a bit like it had more to with NPC interaction, but the generalized extra die should be useful.
"Yeah?" says Sal, trying to sound a bit surprised. "You don't think you'd find that sort of thing in a place like this. Its not like a seedy bar, or anything. If you don't mind my asking, what's this guy look like so I can steer clear of him. Some people just need their space, you know what I mean?"
OOC:
These rolls are not inspiring. I feel like Sal looks more Get Smart! than Dragnet.
Last edited April 9, 2018 4:56 pm

Rolls

Persausion - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Wild die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Apr 9, 2018 5:13 pm
OOC:
One roll was good enough.
"From behind he looks normal... once you see his face you'll know he just looks a bit off... Also he's the only one who orders that chewing tobacco with the Patchouli in it... personally I think it stinks." he explains.

You both hear someone bump into something and you see a teenage boy looking down at a cheap set of cigars that seem to have fallen out of his pockets as he bumped into something after hearing your conversation.

"Cabrón, really you're stealing from me?" the owner says with a sigh.

The young man looks at Sal up and down and pulls his hands from his jacket pockets and bolts out the door looking scared.

"Mas Pinche!" the owner states trying to get out from behind the counter to chase him but bangs his shin and starts swearing more.
OOC:
If you want to follow him it'll be a chase scene.
Apr 10, 2018 2:50 am
OOC:
Let's do, but how should we handle rolling and Action Cards?
Sal immediately runs after the would be thief as quickly as he's able. "Thank god I'm not really a smoker," Sal thinks as he rushes out into the city.
Apr 10, 2018 11:13 am
OOC:
This will be a standard chase scene, 5 rounds, goal is to catch the runner before the 5th round, if you don't he gets away. Rounds are considered about a minute Since you're on foot it will be agility rolls. Roll your Agility die and a d6 take the higher roll TN is 4 every raise after that gets you an additional card, result of a 6 for example gets one card drawn.
You see the young man in a blue hoody see you come out of the store and he starts running faster though the streets.

*Cue the chase montage music.*

Rolls

Scared Theif

Apr 11, 2018 2:38 am
"STOP!" Sal shouts inbetween big breaths. He whips through, and past as many people as he can while he rushes after the young thief. "STOP!"
OOC:
If that 6 on the Wild Die counts as an Ace, here's another roll.
Last edited April 11, 2018 2:40 am

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Wild die - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Ace - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Apr 11, 2018 9:42 am
OOC:
it does that buts you at two cards versus his one.
Also there's a check for acting so it'll keep rolling. You have two and I figure you want the king since it goes first. Range to the runner is short so he's I. touching or tackling distance.

Deck Draws

kid running, sales x2
2 of Hearts
6 of Clubs
King of Spades
Apr 12, 2018 2:42 am
OOC:
Yes, I will selfishly take the best possible cards.
Sal presses on, and closes distance on the thief. As he finds himself nearly in reach of his target, he tries kicking the thieves feet into each other.
OOC:
Do you want me to roll for this? Maybe agility since it's a precision maneuver?

Rolls

Tripping while running - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Wild Die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Apr 12, 2018 1:19 pm
OOC:
It's actually a fight or a agility trick check but that's the same die.
You try and trip the boy and he jukes out of the way complaining about you trying to scuff up his sneakers.
OOC:
New round Agility Check.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Apr 13, 2018 2:14 am
"Shit!" Sal thinks to himself. The kid keeps running, and while he feels OK, Sal knows he can't keep this up forever. Got to back and maybe just tackle him or something, but I've gotta get to him. As the bystanders whip past him, Sal doesn't feel like he's making any progress at all.
Last edited April 13, 2018 2:15 am

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Wild die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Apr 13, 2018 2:09 pm
The Kid stops running suddenly and you see one of his legs going back as you get closer, the panicked look in his eyes as he looks down at your shin. You try and slow down as you get close knowing full well what he's trying to do. You manage to stop in time and watch him whiff kicking the air, he looks up at you and takes off again swearing.
OOC:
Reminder, you can try throwing something at him at a penalty next round possibly.

Abstract when you don't have a card you're still in the chase you just don't have anything interesting happening, one double ones I might say something interesting happen though... not in a good way for the player who rolled it.

Let me get an agility roll plus a wild die please. Round 3 start

Rolls

Kid's shin kick - (1d6, RA)

(2) = 2

Secret Roll

Deck Draws

Kid running
Ace of Diamonds
Apr 14, 2018 1:34 am
Agility and and Wild die
OOC:
Were these roles in response to him trying to kick me? If so, I'd like to know how these rolls resolve before I do anything else.Please and thank you. Also, should I be drawing cards, or is this something only the GM does?
Last edited April 14, 2018 1:40 am

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Wild die - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Ace - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Apr 15, 2018 1:34 pm
OOC:
In a chase if you draw a king plus you're within melee range. p83 There are other ranges but with penalties to range combat with other cards, it's in the chase section. This roll off your agility is to see if get a card in round 3
The kid takes off running again but not as fast.
OOC:
possibility of attempting long range -4

Deck Draws

Mal x2
2 of Clubs
6 of Hearts
Apr 15, 2018 6:38 pm
Feeling a bit frustrated by both his quarry eluding him, and his age, Sal again attempts to take down his fleeing shoplifter. "STOP!" he yells as loud as he can. "That kid's a theif. He was stealing from the cigar store!"He hopes that one of people on the sidewalk might hear that, and step in on his behalf, to slow down the thief. Hopefully. "If were younger, this might not be so hard..." grimacing a bit as he legs begin to burn from the duration of the sprint. "Gonna have to remember this, and maybe put in a little extra time at teh gym."
OOC:
I'll go ahead, and roll, but I have an idea. I'd like to throw something at him while running (maybe a good time to try a Bennie?), but is there anything on the sidewalk that might look like it's sufficient for the action? I don't like a pineapple or something about that size? I threw my agility roll in just in case you'd need it.
Last edited April 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Wild DIe - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Apr 16, 2018 3:19 pm
"You ain't got nuthin on me PIG! I ain't got anything outta da shop and you know it!" he yells over his shoulder. You lob a bottle off the ground you snatch up and it shatters against a car the alarm starting to get off, "You're nuts! Leave me alone! He's trying to kill me!!!" the boy states his voice a little too shrill after almost taking an empty beer bottle to the head.
OOC:
Lets get a roll for the 4th round

Rolls

Secret Roll

Apr 17, 2018 3:11 am
"Pig?" Sal shouts back. "I'm not a pig!" He knows this to be only half true, but anyone listening needs to hear it he tells himself. "You tried to steal from an old man, hardass. Get back here!"

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Apr 17, 2018 10:36 am
OOC:
one card each

Deck Draws

kid and Mal
Queen of Diamonds
7 of Diamonds
Apr 17, 2018 10:38 am
The kid starts picking up speed, "Whatever you tryin ta catch me how's that working out?"
Apr 18, 2018 2:06 am
OOC:
I'm going to spend a benny just to go for it, if I'm allowed to do that here. I don't know that chasing down a person counts towards a "Trait Test" as described int he rules. If so, I went for it. Hypothetically, would I be able to mix my rolls, and keep both 5's so I'd get two cards? I'm not sure I understand how the Bennie works as far determining which roll I get to keep.
Last edited April 18, 2018 2:13 am

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Wild Die - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Apr 18, 2018 3:19 pm
OOC:
Are we talking about a throwing check again (at -4) or Round 5 for an extra card or something else? Not stock but lets go with spending a benny to apply 'Extra Effort', roll an additional d6 and add to the higher of the two rolls.
Apr 18, 2018 6:45 pm
OOC:
I was just going through the book and looking over different ways die rolls and actions could be impacted. Bennies seemed like a core concept, so I thought I'd add it to the mix.

Rolls

Extra Effort - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Apr 18, 2018 7:16 pm
OOC:
That's a 7 total... XD
Mal manages to run the kid into an alley, the kid slips down try to jump the high fence.

Rolls

Kid - (1d8, RA)

(3) = 3

Deck Draws

Mal's card
8 of Diamonds
Apr 21, 2018 2:13 am
Sal chases after and tries to catch before he can get over and away....

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Wild Die - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Ace - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Apr 25, 2018 4:55 pm
Wheezing a bit Sal thinks, "This has to be over soon. I'm not sure I can keep this up much longer."
Apr 25, 2018 6:36 pm
OOC:
Sorry guess the post didn't take over the weekend.
Sal catches his breath and is enough of a threat for the kid to not bolt around him.

"Yo, I ain't got nuthing to say to you and you ain't got nuthing on me... So I should be free to go cause I ain't got time for some old man to be chasing me around ya'knowaimsayin?" he says defensively his hands in his hoodie cocking his head sideways slightly.
Apr 26, 2018 2:19 am
"Save it," says Sal. "You got time to run, you got time to talk, and if you think I got nothing on you, well, you're wrong. You were caught red-handed. What the hell were you going to with all those cigars? "
OOC:
No worries. I'm just checking in. If the game slows a little from time to time its no big deal.
Last edited April 26, 2018 2:30 am
Apr 26, 2018 2:02 pm
OOC:
Give me a streetwise check.
"I just bumped into something and that fell over. Ain't no body got time for big old funky cigars, das dat old man garbage. So you gonna arrest me or what?" he states defensively.
Apr 26, 2018 3:41 pm
"Arrest you? Hmmm...maybe," says Sal. "First you're going to come back to the shop with me. And honestly, cut the crap. No one would believe you. Those cigars didn't accidentally fall out into your pockets."
Last edited April 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Rolls

Streetwise - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Wild Die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Apr 26, 2018 4:20 pm
Considering how his view of the expensive cigars was you're thinking it's more likely he was looking to swipe rolling papers or cheap cigars to roll up 'not tobacco' in.

"Maybe? Are you even a real cop? If I'm not under arrest I don't have to go anyplace with you if you're not detaining me. It's hearsay and circumstantial at best. What you had someone watching me the whole time I was in the shop? That's profiling. When'd I put it in my pocket? Which pocket? Where in the store was I when I did it. Stuff hit the floor things go to conclusions. You wanna know why I ran because even if I didn't steal anything I know how it looks. Besides I ain't going no place with you till I see some ID even if I did have to go someplace. There's a stranger danger vibe on you and I ain't going round with some old dude who might do stuff in my booty." he states defensively again seemingly getting more embolden by the fact you may not be a real cop or someone who's going to shot him it seems.
Apr 26, 2018 7:30 pm
OOC:
Now, in reality this kid might not know that a private detective can't actually make an arrest, but I'd like to try and play on that. If I want to try and bluff him that I do have that authority, is that a Persuasion check?
Apr 26, 2018 8:19 pm
OOC:
Socially there's the nice way of persuasion (it's be great if you could) and Intimidate (You will do it or else), there's also Taunt which I guess is annoying someone into crack under the pressure of jeers or slipping up if they get embarrassed by what's said.

Trying to strong arm him with authority I figure would falls under intimidate
Apr 27, 2018 2:54 am
Sal takes out his private eye license and flashes it quickly at the kid. "See?" he says. "I'm a detective."
OOC:
I don't think I came off as very intimidating on this one...
Last edited April 27, 2018 2:55 am

Rolls

Intimidate - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Wild Die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Apr 27, 2018 3:14 pm
OOC:
Technically if you don't have the skill it's 1d4-2 and 1d6-2 keep the best.
"You mean like Dick Tracy? Eh, I ain't cheating on my girlfriend or anything man." he asks and thinks, "Wait why are you even chasing me? Because you thought I stole some stuff?"
OOC:
You never did say why you were chasing him besides the stolen stuff, you notice he's sticking to his story about not stealing also...
Apr 28, 2018 2:23 am
Sal dismisses the sarcasm and keeps the focus on the kid. "And? What were you doing with all that merchandise falling out of your pockets? The old man saw you, and asked you and you ran," Sal says. "I don't want to take you in, but you'll need to sort that out with the shop owner."
OOC:
My goal for chasing after this kid is not to arrest him, but to get him back to the store to show the shop owner I'm on his side, and trade my good deed for information.
Apr 29, 2018 8:34 pm
"Uh yall were talking about the creepy dude that spits the stinky tobacoo... Yeah I ain't sticking around to hear what yall had to say about him. My auntie warned me to stay away from him, he gives you that 'High neighbor, don't mind me I just killed someone and cut their face off, I wear it around the house'. He might be eating dinner on a table made out of people feet or something, listening to Frank Sanatra or some other old music. Why he do something? I ain't no snitch though but uh, brother gotta watch his back y'know... Old dude might try and eat mine after killing me. Helps to be on the look out." he explains.
Apr 30, 2018 2:20 am
"Is that guy from around here? You have some oddly specific information about him," Sal asks mulling this new little outpouring. "Did he do something? I don't know, but both you and old man at the shop brought him so I might want to go and chat with him. Thanks for the warning though. If he's that creepy, he worth being wary of."
Apr 30, 2018 2:40 pm
"Yeah he bought a house down the stre- in my neighborhood. Well yeah you see a guy like that you don't forget. Even the gang bangers don't mess with him. I mean one time someone did and the guy started acting all weird and mutter about how the guy was going to mess him up... Hey uh if you talk to him in his house and you think you're going to die toss your keys in his yard or something and I'll go get help..." he explains offering up some shady assistance it seems in desperate times.
Apr 30, 2018 5:00 pm
"Down the street huh?" Sal notes. "Tell you what. You let me know which house, and I'll make sure the guy at the shop doesn't press charges. Deal?" He waits a moment, and then adds. "Thanks for tip about the keys."
OOC:
This doesn't seem like the time to incorporate either one of these ideas, but a couple things occur to me as being important in Rifts. Using vehicles and the tiered damage. I'm not sure if we can make use of tiered damage in scenario like the one we're in currently, but both things feature in Rifts. Would a high-speed chase function like the foot race we just ran?
Apr 30, 2018 7:28 pm
He gives you the address moving closer to you to let you know while you put it on your phone, you look up to notice he's taken off in a full sprint again so you can't talk. You find the address, it's real.
OOC:
Mega damage is very different from normal damage, armor that withstand normal damage is also sucky in the current area. If you could do something with mega damage the kid would be red mist, along with parts of buidlings around you, cops coming to deal with it would also be unable to do anything besides talk you down, the buildings and neightborhood would eventually be rubble. As for the car chase it would work the same mostly for the chase but you'd roll driving, planes & boats, piloting rolls.
May 1, 2018 2:35 am
Sal watches him go, and emails himself the address just to make sure he has it backed up. "Guess I better go back to shop and let him know the kid got away. I may as well buy myself a cigar as well," he thinks to himself. "The only thing now is how to manage the stake out."
OOC:
A stake out would be a combination of notice and maybe Streetwise (to know how to hide in the city)? I feel like starting with breaking and entering might not be the best option, even though there is probably a bit of a time limit.
May 2, 2018 12:53 pm
OOC:
Lets go with a modified Dramatic Task, you have five card dealt for your rolls (your choice on what to roll that makes sense). Usually they're at -2 since it's dramatic but I'll wave that since you have time on a stake out. If a club is drawn though the roll will be at -2 since there will be some event that changed the results. Success of 5+ will net you some clues off the stakeout. Failure would either be you don't see anything or you were too distracted or tired possibly to notice anything helpful.

Update: heh so three rolls at -2 one at +2. PI work definitely isn't easy I guess. XD

Deck Draws

Stakeout cards
Ace of Clubs
King of Diamonds
3 of Clubs
Black Joker
4 of Clubs
May 3, 2018 1:53 am
Rolling

Brutal rolls...
Last edited May 3, 2018 1:54 am

Rolls

Notice - (1d8-2)

(1) - 2 = -1

Notice - (1d8-2)

(3) - 2 = 1

Streetwise - (1d8+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Streetwise - (1d8-2)

(1) - 2 = -1

May 3, 2018 3:59 pm
OOC:
You have one roll plus all the wild die as well though. *sends good vibes at you*
May 3, 2018 7:39 pm
Other rolls
OOC:
Good gravy! I'm laughing at my own misfortune here.
Last edited May 3, 2018 7:40 pm

Rolls

Notice - (1d8-2)

(5) - 2 = 3

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Wild die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Wild die - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Wild die - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

May 4, 2018 2:44 pm
Mal starts the now late night out watching the residence and takes notes. At one point he starts to doze of and slaps the window as he notices a homeless guy trying to break into his car. Later on Mal finds himself being awakened to the sound of gun fire in the neighborhood followed by more from another location. This goes on for a few seconds before a car comes flying by. Tens of minutes later he sees a cop car rapidly moving though the area with their lights on. Looking over the house looks unchanged, the time looks to be a little bit before day break.
May 5, 2018 2:43 am
"Fuck," says Malo. "This isn't going at all like I'd hoped. May have to just do this the illegal way." He pulls away and heads home to get some sleep and plan out how to break into the home as inconspicuously as possible.
OOC:
Would breaking and entering qualify as a dramatic task?
May 9, 2018 1:10 pm
OOC:
My apologies been out of pocket for a minute, simple stealth check and simple lockpick.
May 9, 2018 3:29 pm
"Let's see if I can't just let myself in,..." Sal says trying to discreetly open the door.
OOC:
Seriously? This is not going well.
Last edited May 9, 2018 3:30 pm

Rolls

Pick Locks - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Stealth - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Wild die - (1d6)

(4) = 4

May 9, 2018 5:45 pm
Mal opts to check out things after dark and makes his way to the house he's thinking undetected. He attempts to start picking the lock and stops after a while wondering about home security system alarms, why his picks are sticking, and why it's taking so long. You realize you've been at in for a little over an hour now with no luck on the lock.
OOC:
Don't forget you have bennies.
May 10, 2018 2:49 am
OOC:
I'm a bit confused about when to spend bennies then. I tried before during the chase, but it didn't exactly gel with the rules. What would be different about using a bennie here as a opposed to the chase scene? (We had called it an "Extra Effort" during thr chase.
May 10, 2018 12:50 pm
OOC:
Usually there's two frames of mind for Bennies, you use them to reroll usually on a check. The more people use bennies the more likely the GM will give out bennies when hindrances can come up and the PC's accept the twist. The other mindset is Bennies = Temp HP in a way, from Novice to Legendary you have 3 wound levels if you take 4 wounds you're knocked out, you roll vigor to see if there's an injury, worse case you die outright. Also each wound puts you at -1 each towards all rolls. (a TN of 4 needs you to roll 5 now due to the -1 from one wound is an example) so some people don't use bennies till the end of a session when fighting the big bad or getting hit by them since they renew and don't carrying over between sessions.
May 11, 2018 2:06 am
OOC:
Alright, rollin' the benny.
Sal carries on at the door, trying his best to ignore how much time he's already spent working on the locks. "If anybody asks, I didn't sleep enough and thought this was my house," he thinks to himself.
OOC:
Sweet!
Last edited May 11, 2018 2:06 am

Rolls

Benny, Stealth - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Benny, Pick Locks - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Ace - (1d6)

(5) = 5

May 11, 2018 11:50 am
OOC:
Only need one bennie for the lock pick. But this gives a chance to explain stealth. So you got a 5 on the reroll and I'm giving +2 for the timing (in the dark at night) so someone needs a 7 to notice you here. So lockpicked with a raise so I'll rule you got the lock open and no signs of tampering with it.
Sal calms himself and focuses on the lock before he hears the tell tale click and the door gently unlocks as he opens it. Doesn't look like there's an alarm going off.

Rolls

Roll behind the scenes - (1d6, RA)

May 12, 2018 3:11 am
"phew...,"Sal sighs and feels a wave of relief. He creeps into the home, and begins his search.
OOC:
First, what room am I in? Second, how often is it worthwhile to roll for stealth?
May 12, 2018 9:06 pm
You find yourself in a kitchen/dining area as the door closes behind you, it's sparse and clean or rather not lived in much maybe, there's a table with one chair in here. There seems to be a doorway leading to another room out of here.
OOC:
I assumed you were going for the back/side door versus the front door visible from the street to do this. I'll have you roll when I think it's appropriate most likely.
May 13, 2018 3:03 am
Before moving further into the house, Sal takes moment to look through the drawers, as quietly as possible, and doing his best not to disturb anything.
OOC:
Anything worth noting? Weird tools with the cutlery? Body parts in the fridge? An ugly carpet on the floor?
May 14, 2018 2:11 am
Sal moves about checking things out slowly and cautiously. Initially he doesn't find anything to suspicious between the corn flakes and half a loaf of bread and opts to check out the rest of the house.
OOC:
Lets get a notice check.
May 14, 2018 3:10 am
Notice check

Rolls

Notice - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Wild die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

May 14, 2018 2:27 pm
The house seems bland and mostly normal although sparse. The smell of tobacco seems to be more prominent in the living room by a recliner but you realize that's from the actual spittoon that makes you wrinkle your nose. You stop since you hear an odd noise coming from the basement, if you didn't know any better it sounds like a quiet muffled moan.
May 15, 2018 1:29 am
"A quick check into his jacket pocket to make sure he's properly armed, and then a quick look into the drawers in search of a knife to hide on himself, just in case. A moan from downstairs, knowing what I'm after I can't ignore this. Sal thinks and heads to the basement, and down the stairs.
May 15, 2018 3:22 pm
Down the stairs the smell of tabacco is stronger, plus it's musty, dark, and slightly damp.
[ +- ] This scene is rated NC 17
May 16, 2018 1:51 am
Sal's eyes bulge out of his head, and the sight leaves him breathless. Its a shock that leaves him struggling to be surprised.

Rolls

Fear (Spirit) - (1d6-2)

(3) - 2 = 1

Wild Die - (1d6-2)

(6) - 2 = 4

May 16, 2018 5:34 pm
Sal quiets his voice and swallows the vile that creeps into his throat as he tries to process what he just saw.
May 16, 2018 7:18 pm
Using his phone as a flashlight, he creeps around the basement to see what else might be around the place. "Those candles and what not look like someone put them there on purpose, but I'll be damned if I know what that purpose is," he thinks to himself.
May 16, 2018 7:27 pm
The logic tells you in your head obviously anything hit by a car with a caved in head is dead and it must just be your imagination. As you look in it's direction you realize it seems to be able to sense where you are since it probably can't see. Which defeats the logic in your brain as you move around and it seems to follow and pick up your general location in the basement.
OOC:
Lets get a Notice check to see what you find. Since this was a one shot I'm sure you've noticed the hindrances and character creation options you picked have shaped which way the story is going.
May 17, 2018 2:26 am
"This guy is more than what I'd initially thought...," Sal thinks to himself.
OOC:
I'm curious now how you've been using the hindrances to drive the game. Has it been as a narrative device by suggesting the moans, or incorporating the penalties on the checks? Something else?
Last edited May 17, 2018 2:28 am

Rolls

Notice - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

May 17, 2018 12:26 pm
You find a few books and realize they're in a foreign language but you find notes translated to English. Various other components seem odd, dirt and various powders, notes, diagrams of animal and human bodies on old looking pages some stained brown.
OOC:
Let's get an investigation to see if you get a hunch, or you can probably guess on the meta and figure out what you'd like to try from here.

Well you made an investigator so this is a mystery, Curious and Cautious contradict if you think about it and on meta builds people sometimes take this to make a loop for two hindrances that kind of cancel each other out for the points at character creation without the hindrance. Curious makes you look at things and stick your head out sometimes when it's a bad idea (what was that noise? Gun Shots? I'll go check it out), and cautious is the opposite (Was that gun shots? I'm go hide and possibly call the cops). To me that means at times you get distracted and think things through and suffer from analysis paralysis version of ADD, Doubting Thomas honestly is kind of a slow underhanded softball pitch, you kind of have to crank on it as a GM. You don't believe super natural stuff is real and when you see it you kinda lose your shit... by kinda like in most cases. XD Fear not you're not going to be scared of undead kitties anymore because of your roll...
May 17, 2018 6:36 pm
"What the hell is this?" Sal hears himself say out loud. He looks over at the cat, and then back down at the books and he feels his skin crawl for no particular reason. "What kind of weird voodoo gibberish is this?" Even though he can't read the material, he looks through the book for anything that looks like it might contain a link to the missing child. The site of the cat unsettles him deeply though, and he makes sure his gun is ready to be drawn if needed.
OOC:
Hmm...you make a good point about Curious and Cautious, but that was absolutely not how I saw it, or why I did it. When I saw curious, I thought about this more as a compulsion. He hears a groan, maybe I need to go and check that out. Cautious I saw as something that would sort of address whether my character was going to be rushing off without really thinking about what he was doing. I never really saw them at odds with each other. I might run into a hostile situation to see what's going on, but never waving my gun in the air. This is good to consider though moving forward. Certainly for me as GM.
Last edited May 17, 2018 6:36 pm
May 17, 2018 6:53 pm
OOC:
Roll investigation to see if you find some clues. Unlike Call of Cthulu you don't have to worry about going crazy from understanding what's going on though.
May 17, 2018 7:09 pm
Investigatin'

Rolls

Investigation - (1d8+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Wild Die - (1d6)

(5) = 5

May 17, 2018 7:31 pm
You rub your eyes and clear your throat the area down here isn't the best for breathing conditions it seems or just the pressure of the situation. You find yourself going through the document translations from German, Latin, Russian or some Slavic language you're not sure and looking at items some more grizzly than others, various pictures of other situations similar to the cat have been documented and photographed. You come to the realization from your crash course that this man 'reanimated' a dead cat. If a subject is sacrificed under certain circumstances they can be brought back from the dead and modified over time to be 'more than human'. You notice among the things down here is a map with an area circles in the woods some ways out of town.

OOC:
Short version: You think this guy is going to kill the boy most likely to do 'something' at a location in the woods.
May 18, 2018 4:17 pm
Sal takes a picture of it with his phone, but brings it with anyway. Once she's sure he's got it, he heads back up stairs, trying to ensure he's being quiet, and not hearing anything.
OOC:
I'm guessing there's not dates, times, or any other information specifying what is happening on the paper I found/stole?
May 18, 2018 6:54 pm
Sal notices a small stamp coming up the stairs labeled: 'Department of Records at City Hall'. Sal peaks out the door and realizes how low the moon is now compared to when he came in and sees an old lady with binoculars looking around with a phone in her free hand.
OOC:
I guess I forgot to mention that part... aka I just thought it up since you mentioned it. Also give me an Agility check to Matrix your way our of her sight while she checks around the neighborhood or a stealth check. Heh
May 19, 2018 1:57 am
"Uh-oh, cat lady,..." Sal says trying to slip out of her vision.

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Wild die - (1d6)

(6) = 6

May 19, 2018 11:35 pm
OOC:
Did you want to reroll the six?
May 20, 2018 12:30 am
OOC:
As a matter of fact, yes I do.
Wild die

Rolls

Wild die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

May 21, 2018 1:01 pm
OOC:
So this is a versus situation which is why I need the additional roll the TN on notice is 9 which was what you got on Stealth if they had rolled first the TN for stealth would have been the result of that roll
Mal attempts to move around the way seeing the older lady already swiveling in his direction with her binoculars.
OOC:
I'll rule ties go to the defender which is you in this case.
Mal gets a better look at his spotter and realizes she's actually using night vision binoculars and attempts to hide. He hears her muttering and scribbling something down.

"Still doesn't separate recycling out... plus leaves pens strewn about... I'm writing him up for the HOA again." she states before getting up to leave when a sudden clatter and meowing could be heard someplace else.

Mal notices his pen flew out when he opted to dodge out of being seen.
OOC:
You're free to breath normally now.

Rolls

Nosy old lady with Binoc's - (1d4+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Well this is akward - (1d4, RA)

(3) = 3

May 22, 2018 1:10 am
"A little too close to 'Rear Window'," Sal thinks to himself. He sees his pen on the ground, and slinks over to pick it up before heading out asap. Once he's got it, he rushes over to his car, and wants to check out the spot indicated in the map. "Can't go to the records office now," he thinks. "That'll have to wait until tomorrow."
OOC:
Do I need to roll again to get the pen?
May 22, 2018 3:59 pm
OOC:
Nope well do a skip forward after your next post to the next day at the record office if that works for you.
OOC:
Going to use the interlude mechanic now. If you're getting materials set up, searching for something, getting something to eat or drink, or even taking a leak it's a mechanic to push additional side story out and give you time. On the way home if you like give me a story (Reward 1 benny) related to your POC at the office. Theme is...tragedy, what tragedy do you know about you and your connection that connected you to more than just someone you bug for city records?

Deck Draws

Interlude type
8 of Clubs
May 24, 2018 1:45 am
Back when I was studying to become a detective, I spent a lot of time learning how to request records from city hall. At the time I was working for a law firm as a messenger and I was going to city hall anyway. Eventually, you see the same faces at the same counters and you start talking. That's how I met Pat Quinn. We got along really well, and eventually met up to watch a few games at a sports bar a lot of city workers frequented. Over time, and drinks, we got to talking and learned we both had deadbeat uncles that were just a drain on our respective families. Ever since, he's been a close friend. Making friends can be hard, but making friends who've been there is like a gift.
OOC:
Does this work? I tried not to turn it into a creative writing exercise.
May 30, 2018 2:45 am
OOC:
I saw that you'd had a bad weekend in the Dungeon World game. Do you want to call this one? You've already helped me out quite a bit.
May 30, 2018 12:01 pm
OOC:
Yep that works, I'm good and gotta press regardless. 1 XP awarded.
You find yourself the next morning outside Public City Records for City Hall entering and see Pat working. They make eye contact and nod before finish writing something down in a book and clicks a few things on the computer next to them before they come over.

"You come by for a social call or work?" they ask with a smirk regarding you.
May 30, 2018 4:16 pm
"How about, yes?" Sal says with a laugh. "Its always good to see a friendly face. Unfortunately, I need some help digging up some information. Do you have a minute, or would you let me write it down? I hate to put more on your plate."
OOC:
In other games, when you want to use a contact, you often have to roll. Is it assumed in Savage Worlds that your contact is available to help when you need them? If so then I'll write out an actual request, but I wanted to verify that I wasn't going to need to roll anything. Also, thank you for being willing to press on with the game.
May 30, 2018 4:54 pm
OOC:
In a normal situation you roll Streetwise to get a hold of your contact and then a Persuade if it's above a level of what they would normally do for you. Since you know where he works and this is within his job as long as it's legal it's auto success, if you ask him to find you information you're not privy to, he'll look it up most likely tell you that you can't see it and go use the bathroom...
May 31, 2018 1:13 am
"Well, I've come into possession of this map," Sal says producing the document. "Do you guys issue these? And if so? Are these a popular request because this looks like a weird thing to ask for? Maybe a co-worker wanted to do a hiking? Maybe this someplace I want to look into for leisure or real-estate? Not sure what to make of it."
May 31, 2018 11:03 am
Pat inspects the map and his brow furrows as he looks at various points, "Well it has our stamp. It's a public record and besides a fee to have them printed anyone can request it. Possibly hiking I guess but these lines here are hand written." he begins to explain tapping the map, "The map was topographical but these lines hand written in are measuring the changes in waterways over several decades. Not sure what to make of that. It's not really an area you can purchase cheaply, it's state owned and open to the public. Not much out there due to the area's nature, hilling enviroments with little resources have little value, even logging would be a challenge since it's cost too much to flatten the area for equipment to ingress." he explains looking around at various notes on the map, "Are these food or coffee stains?" he asks squinting at a few dark reddish small stains you notice here in there with more visible light.
Jun 1, 2018 2:55 am
"Hmmm....that means I might need to do a bit more research," Sal says, clearly a bit perplexed. He's also thinking back to the cat he found, but says nothing about it. "Could be coffee. Not sure. Maybe I'll head out there, and see what I see. Snap a few pics and what not." Sal notes as well that the land is public. Likely protected by state or federal services. The stains should also be looked at, but not until he thinks he can make up a reasonable alibi for having the map. "Thanks Pat, I'm going to go check this place out, but is it ok if I give you a call if I find anything weird. Might be good to keep the records up to date, you know? I'm going to head over tot he library quickly though."
OOC:
Library would be for books on local history to see if there was anything he could pick up qucikly and take with him. Although if a search of the mapped out area turns up nothing, maybe microfilm would be a good idea.
Jun 1, 2018 2:52 pm
"Ok, be careful if you're out hiking about though. And definitely let us know if you find something odd like a major change in terrain and topography so we can update our records accordingly." he replies.

Sal finds himself going to the library for further research.
OOC:
Since this isn't CoC there's no Library use skill, lets go with some RP about your approach and get an Investigation check for you to skim what books would be the most beneficial to check out for further research. Also you're pretty sure mentally assuming the stains are actually just blood wouldn't be a far off guess.
Jun 1, 2018 6:06 pm
"Will do, and thank you for your help," Sal says as he leaves. "I owe you a beer."

He heads to the library and looks for books on local history. Specifically, anything that discusses where people lived in the area, as well as anything might collect fringe stories "Weird but true" from the area. Most libraries will have some kind of local history/folklore section, and that's what Sal heads for. He describes it to a librarian, and leave them with a request for information, as well as an email account he can be reached at.
OOC:
Do I get a bonus for asking the librarian?

Rolls

Investigation - (1d8+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Wild die - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Jun 1, 2018 6:27 pm
OOC:
Not enough to give you a raise.
Sal spends enough time at the library that he goes out for lunch and comes back with coffee. With a search for anything odd in the library resources he finally finds a few things in newspaper archives while scrolling through them on microfiche. There's a small piece about a missing young boy fifty years ago, oddly enough he was never found. Looking into the waterways going through the wooded area mentioned by Pat you're curious why one would move or interrupt the flow of water's natural route. Looking at older maps to the current one you've borrowed you figure you have a general idea where the source was.
Jun 2, 2018 2:17 am
"Alright, time to look into this,"
OOC:
I'll assume Sal can pick up a sandwich along the way, and simple stuff like that in case this is a long term ordeal.
he says. He brings as many photocopies as he can with him, and notes the call numbers of everything else.
Jun 4, 2018 6:25 pm
OOC:
That works it's modern times, convenience store to take out from a chain or deli I guess are options.
Sal eyes the pile of information to review once he gets closer to the forest in his bag getting dangerously close to his lunch and drink as the car is jostled about, the closer to the forest on the back road he's on the rougher it gets. You pull into what looks like a simple lot by a footpath into the green section on the map you're looking at the woods. You have a lot of light left today and information to review or learn before going in unless you wanted to take it along.
Jun 5, 2018 3:00 am
OOC:
I rolled Notice to look for tracks or signs of activity that might look like they are leading off in the direction he wants to go. Is that the right skill?
Sal thinks it over, and decides to take his information with him. "Why not?" he thinks. "Its a stakeout/campout or whatever this is, but I'm not going to be staring at an empty campsite the whole time. I got work to do, and I need to do it quickly."
Last edited June 5, 2018 3:02 am

Rolls

Notice - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jun 5, 2018 1:48 pm
OOC:
Tracks would go off Tracking Skill, Notice for the most part is a roll up of Spot/Listen if you're familiar with D&D, if it's map reading and land nav, I'd probably say survival unless you want to stick with your roll.
Jun 6, 2018 3:00 am
OOC:
Let's play it as it rolls. I can handle a botched roll!
Jun 6, 2018 1:40 pm
Sal looks around and realizes he's not that good at tracking. He realizes he's not that good at noticing things as well since he falls and sits up realizing he's in an old riverbed. Looking at the map it's someplace a waterway was before it was moved.
Jun 7, 2018 2:32 am
"I think maybe it's good I have some time before it gets dark," he thinks to himself while sitting in the dirt. He looks at the map where his buddy had indicated that the river hadn't always been in the same place. "So, now where does this actually put me on this map?"
OOC:
Despite the botched roll, would Sal still be able to make out where he is on the map, even if he can't figure out where a decent path might be?
Jun 7, 2018 2:39 pm
OOC:
Lets get a survival roll since you're basically trying to land navigate now.
Jun 8, 2018 1:56 am
Rollin'

Rolls

Survival - (1d8)

(8) = 8

Wild die - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Jun 8, 2018 12:43 pm
OOC:
One raise is good enough, usually you reroll max dice.
Sal knows exactly where he is looking at the empty riverbed and where it beds when he looks at the map. You realize water way although it's changed over time for some reason it seems the origin point is the same.
Jun 9, 2018 3:18 am
OOC:
You're right. I keep forgetting my aces.
Sal snaps some pics on his phone, leaving a comment on each one explaining what he's photographing, and why. He also notes down on the maps his location, and heads off to where the water diverges from its original course to its current one.
Last edited June 9, 2018 3:21 am

Rolls

Ace - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Jun 11, 2018 2:15 pm
You set a path using the map to cut the time down towards your destination. It's still a bit of a task to get there but you continue on.

You've had a chance to eat at some point and stay hydrated and around early afternoon you hear the sound of water close by, you see several areas that look like they use to be riverbeds as well some grown over with grass and plant life. You see the source of water and the large stream as well. In the areas where the waterway used to be you see odd formations in the ground.
Jun 12, 2018 3:00 am
OOC:
May I ask for brief descriptions of the formations? Out of game, I'm guessing something occult, but I want to make sure I've got it accurate.
Jun 12, 2018 2:07 pm
OOC:
Odd formations in that you can't tell if they were carved or if it's a natural wearing of the stone. It catches your eye as out of the ordinary. Lets get an investigation roll with +1 from all the books smarts you're lugging around to piece together possible mental clues.
Jun 13, 2018 2:37 am
Studying the formations
OOC:
Three aces. Do I win?
Last edited June 13, 2018 2:38 am

Rolls

Investigation - (1d8+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Wild die - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Ace - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Ace - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Wild die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Jun 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Sal spends several minutes walking around the formation, it seems familar but off somehow. Going through his material he remebers why it got his attention, it's a jumbled version of a depiction in some of his notes, something he thinks might mean 'gateway' in a slavic fairytale that seemed prevolent now. Touching the formation you're able to move pieces about and they seem to glide into place. Once the picture matches the picture in your notes they shift into the form of a series of stone stairs going down. It makes sense why no one would find this under a river. From the map you realize this was probably the location they were searching for. As silly as it sounds the notion of killing and rebirth and a place of power comes to mind.

Looking down into the darkness below you are a little surprised when your phone goes off... it's your client.

Jun 14, 2018 2:18 am
Confused, Sal answers the phone out of habit. "Hello? Sal Malo speaking."
Jun 14, 2018 3:10 pm
"Have you found our son! Where is he? Is he okay?!?! Sorry... I just... is... is he still alive even?" the father asks suddenly his voice yelling into the phone at you at first and slowly comes down with the levity of the possible worst case situation. You hear someone start to sob in the background.
Jun 15, 2018 2:44 am
"I'm sorry, at the moment I'm not in the best position to speak, but I haven't found him yet. Rest assured I'm pursuing leads and will be happy to meet up with you as soon as convenient. Is that fair?" He glances around him to make sure there aren't any on-lookers, and does his best to peer down the stairs.
Jun 15, 2018 2:30 pm
There's a long pause on the phone making you wonder if you lost the call. "Ok... I get it, I'm sorry... just find out boy. Please." the man states finally and ends the call. It looks like it delves down into the darkness below, the sunlight only shines on the first few stairs going down.
OOC:
This is the part where you look at the stares and hear Chooo chooo choo chaaa chaaa chaa.
Jun 16, 2018 2:59 am
OOC:
"Man...I'm going to go down there, and some guy is going to rip a still beating heart from someone's chest,"
Sal thinks to himself. "Sadly, only one way to find out." Before he goes, he snaps pics of the exterior, and the surrounding area.
Jun 18, 2018 2:47 pm
OOC:
I too enjoy a good Indiana Jones movie...
The path down gets dark and it feels cool and damp around you out of the sunlight, as you press on the sunlight seems to fade as you move and stop at a bend looking by cellphone light. This wasn't on the map and you're in a situation where the darkness surrounds you literally. Besides the sound of air there's nothing really going around you that you can see via the light you have. There wasn't an indications of a branch in paths so there's only the way you've come and ahead into the darkness away from the light.
OOC:
If you press forward give me a notice check at -1
Jun 19, 2018 2:38 am
OOC:
Is there anything you'd like me to roll for these?
Before descending any further, Sal tries to find a way to force the door open. ""Can I take on of these blocks out, I wonder? Maybe a branch can be lodged in the door?"
Jun 19, 2018 2:09 pm
You're not really sure how this was made but touch the rocks you don't find purchase to pry one off even with a trusty crowbar on hand. You look at the size of the rocks and think about getting a branch or a rock but both would have to be sizeable you figure to actually stop the stairs from moving back up and closing you off from the surface. You realize the sun's shifts in heat now since you've spent a bit of time trying to figure this out.
Jun 20, 2018 2:36 am
"Alright, well, here goes," he thinks to himself. He sends out a text back to his friend saying he found something odd, and that he'd taken some pics. Will be i touch soon, but it could be important. With that he heads down the stairs hoping he found something worthwhile. "I hope I get service on my phone down here."
Jun 20, 2018 11:51 am
Sal finds his phone does not get service underground. The path besides his own light is quite dark and void of signs of movement it seems. Eventually a bend has Sal looking at the entrance as it and sunlight moves out of sight. Eventually the pathing leads to an area ahead with a slight greenish glow around the bend.
Jun 21, 2018 2:30 am
Sal turns on his phone and take a couple photos, and a quick ten second video. He keeps himself alert as he presses onward.
OOC:
Are passive skill checks a thing in Savage Worlds? I didn't see it in the rule book, but I thought I'd ask.
Jun 21, 2018 12:54 pm
OOC:
Passive checks are really up to the GM, you could roll someone's notice vs the event to see what happens for the player. Sometimes when they don't see anything on a roll themselves and you say, 'well you don't notice anything' they freak out and get spooked. So keep that mental meta tactic in mind at times if it's a tense or creepy scene. Sometimes when you don't see anything... its really just nothing. Fear of the unknown creeps people out a bit at times I think.

That said are you moving forward to investigate or trying to move forward unnoticed to investigate?
Jun 22, 2018 2:16 am
OOC:
In keeping with the character, I'd say he's moving forward cautiously. Maybe not silently, but not trying to rush into the unknown too quickly.
Jun 25, 2018 2:14 pm
Sal moves forward and sees more of the glow and realizes it's probably that glowy fungus type stuff. Odd down here but what drew his attention was the small body on a stone slab and someone moving about next to it with various things that he was doing and mashing together. You smell a distinct sense and look down to see a tell tale pile close to you of what looks like tabacco. This is very likely your guy.

You seem him cock his head slightly as you proceed forward and reach for something half turning towards you cautiously it seems.

Rolls

Secret Roll - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Secret Roll - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Jun 26, 2018 3:50 am
OOC:
Two questions for you: First, if I want Sal to be able to discreetly go for his gun, would that be two rolls or one? I was wondering if I had to roll once for the stealthy gesture, and then twice to draw it without attracting attention, or just once for both actions. My other question pertains to the situational rules from the rule book. I was reflecting on the decidedly occult element the game has taken on and was wondering if you'd ever used the Fear rules, and if so to what effect? This game seems like kind of story that would incorporate them, but not being as familair with the mechanics as you are, would it be approriate to use them? For example, the "Heart Attack" result for Fear seems a bit harsh, but I could see it.
Realizing he's been seen, Sal starts to slowly go for his gun, as he reflects back on the shop-lifters warning combined with the current surroundings. "My name is David Backes and I'm a surveyor from the city looking over some old maps. May I ask who you are?" Sal asks quickly as he tries to buy himself some time.
OOC:
Stall tactic. Roll Persausion?
Last edited June 26, 2018 3:50 am
Jun 26, 2018 1:55 pm
OOC:
1)Stealth check on an agility check to pull your gun (Stealth vs his Notice he rolled at the TN or Agility Roll opposed.
2) Fear or Guts checks have changed, I mostly use it in Horror settings or when there is something unsettingly for the first time where it's just a spirit check, in Deadlands Reloaded Guts check due to the taint on the land giving penalties makes it easier to fall. Death by Fright requires a failed roll and then rolling a 20 on the reaction table though. The worse I've seen in play was fear turning a clump of someone's hair white and telling them that they passed out, had a new major phobia of trees (due to a hanging tree).
His head slowly turns to you and finally you see his face. You can tell why people don't want to talk about or with him when seeing him. The varied discolored skin and several stiches across his potmarked face looked at you thinking, "Wouldn't a city worker supervisor send a subordinate or a survey team in normal circumstances so they could supervise?" he stated in a question his voice coming out in a raspy calm almost quiet tone.

"This one is the Maker. That one will be made and transcend being human, even transcend this one's existence..." he explains motioning with a slowly nod in the direction of a small body on the table.
OOC:
Sure give me a persuasion roll lets see if he moves up on the social meter.
Jun 27, 2018 2:44 am
OOC:
I'm going to hold off on the gun for a second. Just reaching for it.
"Well, can't say I'd ask anyone to do something I wouldn't do myself," Sal says doing his best to sound like a well-meaning bureaucrat. "What's this about The Maker? Transcending? Not sure I follow. I'm mostly interested in this odd little cave. Are there more around here? How about your friend? Does he know?"

Rolls

Persausion - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Stealth - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Wild Die - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Jun 27, 2018 11:51 am
OOC:
Well you beat his notice so you don't need to reroll the 6.
"Well I'll give you credit for unlocking the path, following it would be abnormal though. This one smells your deception." he states his need pivoting more towards you his body starting to twitch.

"There have always been the Makers those who make the remade and carry on the old ways and those who are made and learn the old ways like this one. This place is sacred, not touched for over one hundred years and long in the search this one has been to find it while learning the ways on my own without my Maker. This one will not you near the chosen one, I will kid and serve him until this one is a husk blowing in the wind; he will be the herald that will bring forth an awakening in all of you... the galmi made of dust and formed... foolish not knowing the ways only stumbling after he created you..." he snaps getting in front of the boy and spits.
OOC:
He's hostile towards you if you can't tell. XD
Jun 27, 2018 2:13 pm
OOC:
Is he brandishing anything that looks like a weapon, or is he just standing and talking?
"Hey, kid, can you hear me?" Sal asks ignoring the guy speaking to him. "This place is also on city property, and if this particular cave has some kind of religious value, you'll need to file the necessary paperwork with city hall," he adds to the speaker trying to keep up the facade.
Jun 27, 2018 4:48 pm
OOC:
He's standing somewhat sideways away from you, also if you didn't pick up his head is more towards you so his chin is already past his shoulder. You can give me a notice check.
"This was here long before the city tried to lay claim to it. Long has this one wandered in search. This one ask you to leave unless you want to become fodder to the Chosen One to take a part of you when he awakens."
Jun 29, 2018 3:22 am
"Uh-huh," Sal says flatly. "Sorry friend, but I don't think I like your tone. This is city property. Threatening me to become food doesn't really change that." Sal fingers his gun, playing out in his mind how we wants this encounter to conclude. The guys manner of speaking has him a bit unsettled, but this is the kind of crap he signed up for. The trick here is getting to the kid...

Rolls

Notice - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Wild die - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Ace - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Jun 29, 2018 1:45 pm
"This was never the property of the city it is a place of power. Food? This one knows the way of the Makers and he will not need 'food'. Also that was not a threat... you have stepped into a sacred place this one knew you would need to be subjugated the moment this one noticed your presense." he explained quietly turning back around and whistling.

You notice a wire at about neck height you didn't see before while you have the deliberation, it's as thin as a spider's web and makes you a bit surprised he took some form of precaution possibly more.
OOC:
Dealing Iniative.... also how am I doing for the creepy sociopathic villain vibe?

Deck Draws

Mal and Maker
8 of Spades
Ace of Hearts
Jun 29, 2018 1:49 pm
OOC:
Ace goes first.
He seems to have stating things and turned around, it's kind of odd he's actually made threats but seems to be ignoring you now which seems off. You're unsure but he seems to be muttering something. You hear several guttural howls and see what looks like a two large dogs or wolves pad up in between you and the man, you're unsure since their flesh sags and their eyes have yellowed. They very much look not living.
OOC:
You're up.
Jun 30, 2018 2:19 am
Sal draws his gun. "You can tell the Cujo twins to stand down," Sal says threateningly. "Stand down."
OOC:
Am I allowed to add in a condition on my turn? For example, can I say that if the dogs make a move for me, Sal fires the gun?Or is that too much in one turn. I'm not sure how to calculate trying to persaude someone to give up as an action. Does that normally count as a whole turn? The dialogue is pretty consistent for your creepy bad guy. Its going well. I like all the unexplained allusions to some ominious, and impending future.
Jul 2, 2018 1:51 pm
OOC:
I'd allow it but you can tell the dogs and 'the Maker' are hostile. Persuade is harder to do in combat versus Intimidate/Taunting I think. Pesaude would be the action unless you wanted to RP it or something else that's an action besides moving (multi action would be -2 per additional action)
Jul 3, 2018 3:06 am
OOC:
OK. Hostile or not, I feel like the gun might help al be Persuasive, so I'll go with my trying to my first choice of trying to coerce an action. We aren't officially in combat, at least in so far as fisticuffs haven't broken out.

"Stand down."

Rolls

Persausion - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Wild die - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Ace - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jul 3, 2018 1:45 pm
OOC:
Coerce would be intimidation instead of persuade since it's the not nice way, so we'll just use the roll result 8-2+1(gun waving)
You're not killing him!!! the man yells as you pull your pistol and make demands as he dives over the boy shielding him. The dogs staring barking louding and break apart darting towards you.
OOC:
Well when the cards come out for initiative you're usually in a chase or a fight scene usually.

You're up first before the dogs act.

Deck Draws

Mal, Team Malicous
7 of Hearts
2 of Spades
Jul 4, 2018 2:38 am
Sal ignores the dogs, for the moment, and aims and fires the gun over the table deliberately missing, but giving his threat substance. "I said STAND DOWN! Call off these fucking mange-infested mutts, and get the fuck out of the way!" Sal shouts. The adrenaline is getting to him a little as he hopes he can get the guy to call off the dogs before he has to try and fight them off.
Jul 5, 2018 1:04 pm
OOC:
Are you going to try and intimidate or hold until something moves towards you and try and shoot? Intimidate would be 1d4-2, 1d6-2 or agility roll off to go on 2 of Spades
Jul 6, 2018 2:09 am
OOC:
I'm feeling feisty. Let's go with Intimidate. It's a terrible idea, but hey, why not?
OOC:
Haha! I'm fucked! Negative 1. I'm laughing at myself right now.
Last edited July 6, 2018 2:09 am

Rolls

Intimidate - (1d4-2)

(1) - 2 = -1

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jul 6, 2018 4:22 pm
Sal's voice cracks a bit as he makes demands and the dogs are on him like flies on a dead body... You can tell the bite is worse than the hoarse hollow bark but the smell is almost blinding.

Rolls

Dog 1 Bite - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Dog 2 Bite w/Gang Up Bonus - (1d6+1, RA)

(1) + 1 = 2

Jul 6, 2018 4:23 pm
Sal manages to get away from the dog's mouth and although they can smell fear your fear is a good motivator as you mind spins around the idea that getting bit would be worse than rabies.

Deck Draws

Sal and them
3 of Hearts
3 of Spades
Jul 6, 2018 4:25 pm
OOC:
Spades, hearts, diamonds, & clubs
The duo redouble their efforts trying to bit into Sal.

Rolls

Dog 1 Bite - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Dog 2 Bite w/Gang up bonus - (1d6+1, RA)

(3) + 1 = 4

Jul 6, 2018 4:26 pm
The two don't seem to be use to bite as undead dogs that much it seems but they are getting a lot closer to actually latch onto your leg it seems.
OOC:
Sal's up, firing a pistol at them will be TN 5 off their parry since you're engaged with them in melee.
Jul 7, 2018 2:58 am
OOC:
Am I correct in understanding that they've only bitten Sal, but haven't latched on?
Jul 9, 2018 12:49 pm
OOC:
Well if you stay still they might be able to bite you, just a lot of biting down on air currently since they're missing your parry of 5
Jul 9, 2018 6:52 pm
OOC:
Ah, ok. So, if I wanted to set up a maneuver, how would that work? For example, I'd like Sal to try and bait one of the dogs to bite me, and then pistol-whip in the head as it tries. Is this like a sort of delayed action? I'm not sure if I'd have to bluff the dog into trying to bite me, an then attack. Or, do I describe the situation I'd like to see transpire, and then that would trgigger my action? Not sure how this should be broken up.
Jul 9, 2018 8:16 pm
OOC:
I'd actually try a smarts or agility trick instead and next turn attack it since damage explodes you could technically say 'I let him bit me' and I as the GM roll three wounds of damage possibly.
Jul 11, 2018 3:02 am
OOC:
I'll go with Dex. I think Sal would probably assume he's smarter than the dog (may or may not be true), and assume he just needs to be quicker than the animal.

Rolls

Dex - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Wild die - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Jul 11, 2018 2:46 pm
Sal tries to maneuver one of the dogs into a position to hit it with the but of his gun. One of the dogs falls for it and ends up face planting. He finally notices the guy doing stuff as purple smoke floats out of a bowl next to the slab alter and he mutters things his eyes rolling back as he thrusts his hands to the ceiling of the cave. Several long needles, thread, and body parts start to rise slowly and swirl around the boy.
OOC:
Dog who was hoodwinked is shaken, you also get +2 to your next action on him.

Rolls

Agility Check TN5 - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Deck Draws

Next Round Sal and them
9 of Spades
Ace of Spades
Jul 11, 2018 2:51 pm
One dog attacks while the other tries to get up off the ground. You dog out of the way of the attacking dog the other one still shaking it's head.

Rolls

Solo Dog #2 attack - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Shaken Dog #1 - (1d4, RA)

(3) = 3

Jul 12, 2018 2:23 am
"Fuck this job," Sal says seeing the needles and smoke. He cocks the hammer and tries to get a clean shot off on the shaken dog.

Rolls

Attack, to hit - (1d6+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Wild die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Jul 18, 2018 3:50 pm
OOC:
Roll damage on the shot on the dog (you needed a 4).
Jul 19, 2018 3:44 am
OOC:
My bad.

Rolls

Damage - (2d6+1)

(55) + 1 = 11

Jul 19, 2018 3:51 pm
Sal's 'Nope' factor kicks in as he lines up a shot. The dog takes a bullet and falls over not getting back up.
OOC:
My apologies I misspoke since you're in melee with the dog it's off their parry. You still hit and did damage though and you're up again.

Deck Draws

Sal & Them
8 of Hearts
7 of Clubs
Jul 20, 2018 2:26 am
OOC:
We'll try the same trick as before
Sal sees the dog drop, play "stay dead", and breaths a sigh of relief. He only gives himself a moment though because the other dog is still trying get to him.
Last edited July 20, 2018 2:28 am

Rolls

Dex - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Wild die - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Damage, if applicable - (2d6+1)

(52) + 1 = 8

Ace - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm
OOC:
I figure you meant the shooting the dog so it doesn't bit you trick. An agility trick would be opposed and you'd need to wait a round before trying to shoot it unless you went with a multi action in which case everything would be at -2. Also roll another d6 for damage if you were going with a shooting roll since you got a raise. Otherwise we'll need to wait on shooting until next round.
Jul 24, 2018 2:36 am
OOC:
Yeah, I was just trying to get a bunch of rolls out of the way since I knew I wasn't going to be posting for a couple of days. Sorry if I mixed that up.
Extra d6...

Rolls

Extra d6 - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Jul 24, 2018 11:25 am
As the second dog goes down from your shot you look over to see the boy suspended in air a good 8 feet above the ground his limbs limp hanging and suspended by threads and sinew from above him attached to fingertips mid air, a few slivers of silver can be seen dancing about his body making him move a bit this way and that, the tips of the man's fingers are detached from his body but connected with sinew and thread connecting them to his hands which holds the boy aloft in an odd matter. During your fight you didn't notice him take off his shirt and smear a mixtures of reddish dark substance over his chest and face in an odd pattern. You can tell he's had several scars and stitches across his entire body now that he's half naked.

"You're too late, if you harm me you harm the boy, if he's injured now I'm the only one who can keep him alive. He will be made as I was before him and make others." the man cackles.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jul 25, 2018 2:54 am
"Look friend, I have no idea what the hell your talking about," Sal says. He holsters the gun, and eyes the situation up quickly. "You two can't get hurt or die huh, but he's super important to your plans...,no problem." Sal rushes forward and grabs the kid out of mid-air. "Follow along if you like, but remember, he can't be hurt."
OOC:
For this situation, it's pretty clear that the guy isn't putting up any resistance to Sal's actions, but he probably would if he were cognizant of what Sal had been planning. Is Savage Worlds the kind of game where checks and things can be granted for "After-the-fact encounters," i.e. evading a trap in dungeon, or is it handled differently?
Jul 25, 2018 2:15 pm
OOC:
Lets get an agility check to see if you yank the kid out of midair successfully from his creepy finger web. Technically for meta he's conducting a ritual and the dogs were a distraction. For the roll depends on the situation. Traps are a bit different since they're static sometime you roll or the GM rolls for you so you don't know about a trap that you spot or don't spot.

Rolls

Secret Roll - (1d6, RA)

Secret Roll - (1d6, RA)

Jul 26, 2018 2:41 am
Agility

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Wild Die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Jul 26, 2018 3:02 pm
You grab the boy and take off, the sound of a sickening wet popping or dry snap could be heard from the sinew and thread attached fingers, there seem to be a few cuts on the boy but you're really not in a place to casually inspect them as you bug out. The man howls in pain and delusion behind you saying something you can't really understand before you see a rusty cleaver embed into the stone next to you. "Oh but I can hurt you." he reminds you before you suddenly see a large shadow and realize it's a decomposing deer that starts to chase you while the man wraps another cleaver to the stub of one hand with gray tape. The deer bucks as it chases along first no lower jaw in sight and several tire treads seem to tattoo it's body.
OOC:
Sounds like a chase, Left is delayed while he Savage equips himself

Rolls

Deer Dash - (1d8, RA)

(5) = 5

Jul 27, 2018 3:52 am
The chase is on...

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Wild die - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Ace - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Jul 27, 2018 11:50 am
OOC:
Dealing cards

Deck Draws

Sal 2, deer 1
4 of Hearts
Queen of Spades
7 of Spades
Jul 27, 2018 1:23 pm
OOC:
Do you want me to take a second turn automatically because the cards you pulled?
Sal looks back, sees the deer chasing after him, and knows th creepy knife guy isn't far behind. "Keep moving, keep moving," Sal chants to himself while clutching the kid.
Last edited July 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Rolls

Run! - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Wild die - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Jul 27, 2018 2:10 pm
OOC:
That works
The winding path feels longer now that you're carrying someone and there's something you want to get away from.

You can't see the man but suddenly hear a scream that's untelligable. The boy stirs in your arms and you look back to see the deer's antlers flying forward to gouge you.
OOC:
Since we're almost done might as well use some bennie plus you haven't seen PC mechanics for injuries.
You feel something against you and try and sprint away, your shoulder feels the breeze and you realize the deer was much closer than you though having almost impaled your shoulder.
OOC:
you're currently shaken, spirit roll needed before you do an action besides run.

Rolls

Deer Dash - (1d8, RA)

Maker Wild - (1d6, RA)

Maker - (1d6, RA)

Deer Strike - (1d8+2, RA)

(2) + 2 = 4

Rerolling Deer Strike since I have 4 bennies XD - (1d8+2, RA)

(7) + 2 = 9

Damage with a raise - (2d6+2, RA)

(42) + 2 = 8

Deer Dash - (1d8, RA)

Maker - (1d6, RA)

Maker wild - (1d6, RA)

Deck Draws

Mal and the Deer
Jack of Hearts
Red Joker
Jul 28, 2018 2:16 am
Spirit roll

Rolls

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Spirit - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Ace - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Jul 31, 2018 12:49 pm
Sal shakes off the realization of being gored from behind being lethal as well as unclean considering the antlers. The Deer seems to slow a bit from his attack not really hitting anything but the patchwork man leaps over him.
OOC:
Agility roll for round 3
Aug 1, 2018 3:12 am
Sal tries hard not to do more than blink backwards to note of the action as he charges ahead. "I hope I left my car unlocked," he thinks to himself.
OOC:
Can I spend a benny on this one?
Last edited August 1, 2018 3:12 am

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Wild die - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Aug 7, 2018 3:02 pm
OOC:
Sure

Rolls

Secret Roll

Aug 7, 2018 6:48 pm
OOC:
Benny! For agility
Last edited August 7, 2018 6:49 pm

Rolls

Benny - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Wild die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Aug 7, 2018 8:01 pm
OOC:
looks like everyone gets a card, Sal's up first

Deck Draws

Drawing for round 3 Sal, deer, Patchman Maker
Queen of Clubs
2 of Diamonds
5 of Diamonds
Aug 8, 2018 1:27 am
Sal thanks whatever god, or gods might listening and just keeps on running. "Don't look back he tells himself," hoping the deer trips and the patchman falls over as well.

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Wild die - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Ace - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Aug 8, 2018 1:00 pm
OOC:
I figure you're rolling for round 4
The deer barrels down the corridor slamming into the walls as it tries to gore you while the man chases with the sound of something moving quickly through the air a little bit behind you. Both seem to be possessed as their screams seem unnatural.
OOC:
Sal's up first for round 4.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Deck Draws

Sal 2 Deer 0 Maker 1
4 of Spades
Ace of Spades
5 of Clubs
Aug 9, 2018 1:49 am
"Fuck, this kid is heavy, I'm gettin' old, or this place is bigger than I ever remember it being," Sal thinks to himself as he chugs down the hallway. He keeps pounding onwards, but knows he needs to stall these people. "Just a little further and we'll be outside."

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Aug 9, 2018 1:01 pm
Sal keeps running as the two aggressors give chance behind.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Deck Draws

Sal/Deer/Maker 1 card each
3 of Diamonds
3 of Hearts
King of Clubs
Aug 9, 2018 1:46 pm
Sal is startled by the sudden blood curling scream behind him and the smaller more frightened one on his shoulder.

Rolls

Wild Maker Attack - (1d6+2, RA)

(6661) + 2 = 21

Wild die - (1d6+2, RA)

(4) + 2 = 6

Holy crap that's a lot of damage with a knife though... - (1d4, 2d6+2, RA)

1d4 : (2) = 2

2d6+2 : (21) + 2 = 5

Aug 9, 2018 1:49 pm
Sal makes it out of the tunnel not sure where he's exiting since it looks different outside. They boy screams for help not knowing what's going on and yells for his parents. You're tired and your back feels wet and sticky. Your breath is ragged and you think you hear the sound of a pursuit.
OOC:
You're outside in the wilderness from an alternate route, you didn't seem to find the stairs from behind leading up. You're also shaken.
Aug 10, 2018 2:02 am
OOC:
7 damage from the knife? That puts me pretty close to dead, right?
"Where the fucks my car?" Sal thinks to himself, panicking a bit. He looks about wildly, and feels a searing pain growing out of his back where his clothes are no sticking to him. "Right, first things first." Not seeing his car, he looks for the riverbed. I can't be that far away from where I was. Hearing the kid screaming though, he remembers that he needs to get them both out of here.

"Hey! Kid!" Sal barks in a harsh whisper. "My name is Sal Malo, and your parents hired me to find you. Do you know that sick freak that you were with? Also, I'm sorry guns scare you." He whips out his gun, and fires it down into the exit he just came out of, hoping to hit something, but also hoping it gives his pursuers pause.
OOC:
Now, if I understand correctly, shaken means I can only take free actions. So, does this mean I need to try and roll Spirit or spend a Benny to try and shoot into the exit? Not sure how limited I am in my actions at the this point. Can I look around for the riverbed, or try and use my phone?
Last edited August 10, 2018 2:05 am
Aug 10, 2018 2:43 pm
OOC:
7 Damage > Toughness of 5 so shaken so you're freaked out. With a toughness of 5, wounds would be at 9, 13, 17, 21 damage, or 9 several times will rack up. Once you've taken a 4th wound your Incapacitated then we roll to see how fubar you are while out for the count. You're shaken and if we were in combat you'd roll Spirit. Given you're in RP mode over time I would have you get out of it.
Sal fires off a warning shot into the exit. The kid quietly cries as Sal gets his wits about him and tries to come up with a plan. Looking around you don't recognize this immediate area of forest and mentally trying to figure out where you are currently has you patting yourself down for your phone.
OOC:
Lets get a vigor roll real quick. XD After that you're free to attempt what you like, I don't know do you have your phone on you still? }=)
Aug 11, 2018 3:05 am
"where's my phone...I hope I didn't drop it..." Sal thinks as he pats his pockets in search of the device.

Rolls

Vigor - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Wild die - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Aug 15, 2018 2:42 pm
OOC:
Poop my post didn't post.
Sal catches his breath and looks for his phone, he finds it in his pocket after some searching and puts down the kid. Opening the screen. Part of the screen is working the other part flickers between black and odd flashes of white.

"Mister I wanna go home..." the boy states in a quiet voice. You see his lower lip starting to quiver as he looks around.
OOC:
Lets go with a dramatic task for the montage of finding the car with a kid in tow. What's you're approach for finding your way out of here with no GPS/Maps on your phone?
Aug 15, 2018 6:50 pm
Realizing his phone doesn't work properly, Sal makes sure he turns on the location feature, and calls 911. Since the screen isn't working properly, he can only hope he has enough battery power make sure rescue can track down his signal.
OOC:
Will I actually be able to get through on 911?
"Hey kid, my name is Sal Malo," Sal says trying to sound calm and composed. "Some freak-o kidnapped you, and you're parents hired me to find you. It looks I've got that part under control, but I also found that warped person that snatched you. Right now, he's after us, and we've got to get away from here. Do you know this place at all? Maybe hiking with your family/ or friends?" Sal also quickly scouts looking for j=higher ground. "I just need to find that river bed, and then I'm good. I can follow that back to my car, or at least have a specific trajectory."
OOC:
What time is it, approximately?
Aug 15, 2018 7:18 pm
Sal explains things to the boy moving about and trying to get reception on your phone and analyzes the situation. He suddenly feel a small hand hold onto a free index finger looking down at the kid. He shakes his head and says he doesn't really know where you are and what happened after everything went black.

You look at the direction the boy was looking and you realize the sun is almost done setting as dusk escapes you. You check your screen to see if flicker unsure if your call goes through before it dies. You find yourself with a small boy someplace in the woods with no cell and hopefully someone on the way. You haven't heard any noises from the exit you came out of but the sounds of night in the forest start to creep in around you in the darkness.

You feel the boy shiver next to you unsure if he's scared or cold.
OOC:
I'll roll but you're not sure since the phone's dead. Now it's nighttime.

Rolls

Luck roll - (1d6)

Aug 16, 2018 2:41 pm
OOC:
So, unless I'm mistaken, Sal might still have the map with him.
Seeing the sun set, Sal makes an a guess, "Well, if Japan is the land of the rising sun, then that light source I'm losing must be in the west...," he thinks to himself as he turns to face when the sun disappeared. He notes which way must be North, East, and South, and then starts fumbling in his pockets to see if he still has the map, or if it had been lost in the pursuit. "You ever spend anytime in the Boy Scouts, er, what's your name again?" Sal asks feeling a bit foolish, but trying to keep the kid occupied so he doesn't panic.
OOC:
If I still have the map, then I'm going to try and very quickly, and in the dark, pinpoint my location so I can try and find my way back. Now, can the kid help? I know in some games if other people help on a skill check then there is a small bonus to the roll, but that's for PCs, not NPCs. Also, this is a pancked kid, so I'm not sure how much help he'd actually be.
Aug 16, 2018 4:07 pm
He shakes his head before explaining, "M-m-melvin... I've seen Dora da explora'." A sudden screech emits from a possible bird of prey somewhere in the night from the forest around you has him griping your finger and moving closer to your leg.
OOC:
Lets go with a survival check at -1 to figure out how to night land navigate through the forest. It was going to be -2 but map will reduce to -1 we'll say.
Aug 16, 2018 4:53 pm
Survival

Rolls

Survival - (1d8-1)

(5) - 1 = 4

Wild die - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Ace - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Aug 16, 2018 6:06 pm
OOC:
Techincally I don't think you have Survival as a skill so it's at -3 but that's still and 8 on the wild die so we're good.
Sal looks around the boy seemingly just along for the ride once you figure out which way you're going. You're deeper into the center of the woods than where you pulled up before and walked to, there's a bit of terrain between you and where you think the riverbed is but you definitely have an idea if you head south by southwest you'd make it in a few hours... if it was light out. With little moonlight out and cloudy skys you have the boy to deal with being not a pair of able ready hands at your side. You realize this is probably why they don't let very young kids into the Scouts.
OOC:
You know it'll be a bit of hoofing up and down possibly some climbing involved, when though is up in the air depending on how fast you can traverse the environment.
Aug 17, 2018 2:02 pm
OOC:
I don't have Survival as a skill, but since this is supposed to be a dramatic task, do you want me to go ahead and roll another 4 times to see if I can make it back?
Aug 17, 2018 3:52 pm
OOC:
I was using the Survival check to see if you'd figure out the 'path'. I figure you could write up an RP for the travel back montage and we can figure the rolls or you can suggest what you think would work for your approach on rolls and go that way.
Aug 18, 2018 1:41 am
OOC:
Since we're both in the Writing Workshop I'll try the RP.
In the fading sunluight, Sal looks at the map, and tries to take as much in as he possibly can before the night really begins to fall. "OK, I think I got it," he mutters, and looks off in the direction he thinks will get him back to his car. He looks over at Melvin, sighs, and whispers, "I hope to God I'm right." Absentmindedly, he puts his hand down by his phone hoping he can use it as a light, even if he can't use it it's intended purposed. "C'mon, Melvin. I'm pretty sure I know where to go." He extends his hand for the child to take and adds, "I'm sorry this has happened to you. Let's just get out of here, and get this whole thing over with." With the child in tow, they pick there way as best as they're able. Despite the absurdity of the nights events, Sal still can't help worrying about mosquitoes and tics. "Here's hoping that freakshow draws more of the parasites than I do. God knows he deserves them." The night itself isn't so bad, but the lack of a clear path makes the whole thing a little more difficult that he ever would have wanted to be. That last little bit of sunlight though might just have been enough to orient me to where I needed to go. Thankfully, I split when I did.
Aug 23, 2018 5:33 pm
OOC:
Junk my post didn't take and I didn't notice till now, lets get a series of notice rolls trying to find the landmarks in the dark to make sure you're on the right path. 5x rolls and the results I'll pull card for I think for the traversing montage.
Aug 24, 2018 3:15 am
Rolling

Rolls

Survival - (1d8-1)

(1) - 1 = 0

Wild die - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Survival - (1d8-1)

(7) - 1 = 6

Wild die - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Survival - (1d8-1)

(8) - 1 = 7

Wild die - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Survival - (1d8-1)

(2) - 1 = 1

Wild die - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Survival - (1d8-1)

(7) - 1 = 6

Wild die - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Ace - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Aug 24, 2018 1:11 pm
OOC:
Untrained is at a 1d4-2 not defaulted to the stat linked to it btw plus a wild die would have the penalty.
I'll go with you used Notice (which isn't just sight btw) so roll results look like:
1/4
7/4
9/5
2/2
7/1

Seven successes when 5 needed.
You make headway through the darkness and it's slow at first causing you to double back, the boy with you getting nervous at the point where you're doubling back. The next bit you make some decent bearing and just pick up the kid and hoof it rapidly scrambling through brush, around trees, and over hills up and a small embankment. You traverse down a raven and find yourself stifling a yell as your hand sinks into something that felt like a decomposed mouth possibly until you get a closer look at a small plant and moss decomposing on the hand outcrop you use to climb down with the boy on your back a several feet.

You think you see your car and lock the doors with your key fob and see the flash and you sigh thankfully as you see the familiar license plate of your car as you get closer.
OOC:
Quite dirty, tired possibly in need of coffee, and physically drained you are now by your card with kid in tow.
Aug 25, 2018 1:33 am
OOC:
For the sake of the rules, I'm not bickering just clarifying, I hadn't realized that the wild die also gets the penalty, but I thought the penalty was -1 because Sal had his map. Also, when untrained, do I roll the attribute with the penalty, or is jusr 1d4-2 as the default? With Survival I was following your lead because that's what you'd been putting. My bad. Notice then can substitute for something like Survival, but at a penalty if the PC doesn't has no training in Survival?
"Oh my fucking god...," Sal exhales as he creeps towards the car with the kid in tow. "That's my car. We go, and we go now."
OOC:
Notice to make sure I'm not about to be ambushed?
Aug 28, 2018 5:35 pm
OOC:
Forgot to reply, wild die is another roll for the check so all bonuses or penalties apply. 1d4-2 would be 1d4-1 since there's a plus 2, the wild die was at 1d6-1 along with it.

All untrained rolls are 1d4-2, the wild die for wild cards is usually a 1d6 so it would also be at the -2 since d4 would be (I know about it), d6 (average competence), if the penalty didn't apply people would likely not put points in skills as much since you could get past the -2 by just rolling a wild die at no penalty, that said there's an edge that lets you roll untrained at d4 vs d4-2. I figure you'd go with something you're good at to get back to the card and notice fit for the dramatic task.

In this case it was Notice to find things you saw on the map route back you figured out.

That confusing enough?

Also sure roll Notice also since you didn't write down what Investigator does it slipped my mind, does it give you a +2 to a roll? If so roll your Notice at +2 and a wild die at +2
Aug 29, 2018 2:00 am
OOC:
I went with Notice because it seemed most appropriate for the context. Sal wouldn't be investigating his way back to the car as much as he'd need to be aware of familiar marks, or terrain that lined up with the map. The map is kind of evidence, (as you noted with interpreting the map) and Streetwise just didn't seem to fit the situation. From the rulebook: Invstigators add +2 to Investigation and Streetwise rolls, as well as Notice Rolls made to search through evidence.
"OK, hold on a sec," Sal whispers slow to Melvin. Its dark, but Sal stops a moment before rushing to the car to make sure no one's waiting for him. "ONly an idiot would ever chance rushing out into a forest at night without a fucking flashlight, but hey, here I am, and maybe even getting paid for it" he thinks as he scans the area.

Rolls

Notice - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Wild die - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Ace - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Aug 29, 2018 1:03 pm
OOC:
Investigation is mostly correlating data so a 'roll for clues' when things aren't that obvious or to put out a new trail for more scenes/ideas out there
Sal doesn't see anything in the area and gets into the car the boy shuffles into the back seat once let in. You're still on edge due to the night you've had and squint a little as you notice the sun coming up. While pondering how long it took you to get back to your car driving through town back to the kids house has you jittery not just due to morning traffic. You pull out front out of breath and on fumes your nerves feel shot a bit.
Aug 30, 2018 2:10 am
Once he parks the car, he kills the engine, looks at the house, and then looks at Melvin. "Ready to go home?" he asks the boy. Before the kid has a chance to answer he continues "Look, you're probably going to have to go to the hospital, as well as chat with the police. I don't envy you. I can't imagine what this must have been like for you. Hopefully, now it's over. Let's get this over with." He nods at the front door, and gets out of the car.
OOC:
Once inside, Sal will use a phone to notify the police and request they send someone over. Give a statement, send people over to the weird guys house, the location in the forest, and so forth.
Aug 31, 2018 2:06 am
OOC:
Ihave to ask because it feels like a natural spot for an ending. Are we wrapped up? It seems like the perfect spot, but I don't know if you wanted to stretch this out further.
Sep 4, 2018 2:24 pm
OOC:
Yep it is, long weekend. Ending with a twist.
You get the boy home to his parents who both break down crying, he's given his stuffed bear and shuffles off to his room quietly saying he's going to fix his bear. They thank for getting their son Thomas back and request a bill be sent. You get notified by the police about your call in about the man's house that it went up in flame last night at sometime in the early morning. Looking at the boy in the window you watch him slowly smile at you and wink. You see his teddy bear waving at you next to him...
Sep 4, 2018 5:24 pm
OOC:
Well, that's a fun ending. I've appreciated the time you put into walking me through the rules. Running a game can be a lot of work, and you've been pretty selfless about teaching me the system. It'll be interesting to see how the game has been modified to work with Rifts. Otherwise, thank you very much for the experience. I'm looking forward to applying it.
Sep 4, 2018 6:21 pm
OOC:
No worries, having a tie in for the characters so the story focuses on them and they path they take is the story versus they're a character in it I think pulls from Dungeon World or Narrative dice game mechanics to me. In Rifts you have most players playing what could be considered a super weapon (Glitter Boy, Dragon, etc) so it's interesting to see how they do in certain situations in a world where things are also just as strong. From an AP I've learned even Glitter Boys that can level towns have issues (ghosts/spirits) or being caught in close range combat where the boomstick just down't have time to fire. Also having two factions in the world as major background flavor (neither is really a good group) worked well also. Happy Jack's RPG Podcast had an AP in the RIFTs setting I think. Just remember untrained is 1d4-2. We really didn't go into a lot on additional modifiers that may come up so I'd check that out, like trying to attack someone invisible is at -6 which is great as a player, unless they're attacked by a GM NPC/creature that's invisible, throwing out paint and seeing large feet step on it so you don't see how big the feet are or seeing several dozen feet might be fun as well if there's a horror tone to your game. Any questions? Like how to deal with a full combat monkey team of PCs that are really good in combat? Or anything?
Sep 5, 2018 3:59 am
I guess because Rifts is a much different animal than a detective story, its hard to guess which way the game is going to go. Mostly, I think people are just going to be looking for carnage. Correct me if I'm wrong. The game lends itself to that pretty well. In the past, when dealing with people that just want to fight, I started introducing everything but combat. I'd definitely be willing to hear your take on it. I also think that RIfts would be good for ethical choices, especially since the possibility for collateral damage is so plausible in he game.

Something that has come up in the forums I read was that people store up Bennies like their gems and ust use them to soak damage. Dealing with this might be problematic because its in the rules. Smaller damage, but stuff that lingers like acid burns? The goal isn't too kill hte PCs, but to make the game interesting.

Do you have much experience with Savage Rifts?
Sep 5, 2018 2:44 pm
So most people can and will likely build beast mode combat monkeys. If that's what they want to play that's what they want to play. What happens when you have an MMA fighter that turns into Hulk and he's at a day care with kids? There's the GM fiat/backstage move of people 'doing things in the PCs name' which could be a guy just running a con for stuff, or a cult starting up praising the destruction the PCs do which sounds cool like having a fan club until the PCs food supply or ammo depot or something they care about gets torched in the name of destruction. There's a lot of 'oh yeah' ethical moments I think. People pushing other races back through portals doesn't matter if it's dangerous or even the right one but due to not being human 'Go home' mentality to the point of genocide is one faction. Another that accepts all kinds of people as long as you tow the line and isn't above raising dead relatives in a graveyard by your town to attack it to 'whip the people into submission' isn't the lesser of two evils... Plus there's Rifts something totally random good or bad might show up for no apparent reason.

Collateral damage or PC killing purposely or accidentally is a real thing.

Bennies are just hit points: If Players want to just use them till the end that means they're good at rolling or keep trying to circumvent things, [b]"Can I use my fighting to display my combat prowess to intimidate them instead of rolling the skill? Sure roll a 1d4-2 and a 1d6-2 take the better." That's the mindset of a lot of people since depending on their background when you're out of wounds you're dead and by dead I mean incapacitated and you roll on the injury table after the fight since you're out of it the minute you drop except for certain edge abilities, situations. PCs aren't invincible there's always something to drag them around like lack of food or fresh water, low ammo, bad reputation for being a hobo murderer since they opted to just make a combat monkey, sometimes it's bigger or just as big people things that are the obstacle, sometimes it's just people who think the murderous PCs are kinda dicks and they don't want to listen to the outsiders who just strut around killing whatever doesn't get into line with what they're saying.

Don't have the books for Savage Rifts but as I stated the Happy Jack RPG Podcast's AP of a Savage Rifts game was pretty good I thought.
Sep 6, 2018 2:10 am
Thank you for all the help. I've got the Happy Jack Podcast up in my browser. Again, much appreciated for all the work you put into this.
Sep 6, 2018 12:23 pm
*Teddy Bear waves* "Goodbye new friend."

You do not have permission to post in this thread.