New to all of this

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 3, 2018 10:16 am
Hello everyone. I am new to all of this. I have wanted to play DND and games like this for most of my life. When I was younger I could not find people to play with. Now I do not have the time to play a face to face game. A guy I work with mentioned Roll20 but I still could not really find a game time that works for me. The podcast (You Meet In a Tavern) mentioned this site and it sounded like the perfect fit for me to play on.
I really do not know how to play but want to learn. any advice for a newbie to get started would be appreciated. I would like to play DND but some of the other games look fun as well.
Apr 3, 2018 12:16 pm
Welcome! I'm sure it won't take long to find a game and get started :-)
Apr 3, 2018 5:21 pm
Welcome phoenixrising1350! Don't fret about not knowing the game; lots of games pop up that are ok with new players and are happy to teach. And play-by-post is a nice way to learn, due to the async, spread out nature. Feel free to post in the Games Tavern and I'm sure you'll find something!
Apr 3, 2018 5:39 pm
Thanks Everyone I will post to the game tavern.
Apr 3, 2018 7:13 pm
Hello and welcome.
Apr 5, 2018 1:04 am
Don't feel alone bruh, new to D&D 5E myself. Welcome amd good gaming.
Apr 5, 2018 3:44 am
Hello and welcome to the site. You will definitely find a game here.
Apr 5, 2018 3:59 am
Welcome phoenixrising1350! When we get enough consolidated interest in people wanting to learn a system, a game will inevitably start. If you don't find something in the next week or so, send me a PM and we'll start an intro-to-D&D game.
Apr 5, 2018 9:32 am
Thank you I will let you know.
Apr 9, 2018 11:16 am
Welcome to the community, phoenixrising1350!
Apr 11, 2018 2:39 am
I'm looking to teach 5e to new players. Check This Thread.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.