Gin Rickey in Caracas

Apr 10, 2018 3:01 pm
OOC:
Phil is going through a modern day investigation, I'll put V through a more pulpy setting in Venezuela once his PC is created.
Remnant sent a note to Remnant
Shaun found himself sitting down at a bar in Caracas, getting a letter from a friend in Caracas who needed help finding a long lost relative was something he would just do, Paul was a damn good friend. Unfortunately the search wasn't going well since Paul was in jail over an altercation, which is the main reason Shaun got the letter he figured.

Shaun had just gotten into town when a young lady with a 'shiner' and no shoes asked him to pay for a taxi out of town after he just stepped out of it, since she had no money. Her eyes were red and her feet quiet dirty. He agreed only to find a few minutes later having a few guys asking where the lady went since their 'Boss' wanted his property back. Giving them bad directions had them going off in the opposite direction.

Unfortunately they seemed to have figured it out and tracked him down. His drink had just be served when the sound of five people's footsteps could be heard rushing into the small bar in his hotel. "Mr Soltero doesn't like waiting. So where's Ximena Gringo!" he spits out with a heavy accent in English. It made you wonder how good the young lady was at getting away since she managed to hide and lay low with just the clothes on her back from these guys.

Turning around at the bar you see five guys giving you dirty looks forming a circle a little ways away from you. They look a bit dirty and you realize they've been the guys you told earlier about Ximena sending them on a wild goose chase. "Also we'll have to thank Senor Owens for tipping us off." Owens tipping them off figures it's the one thing you can probably always depend on him doing. A thorn in your side.
OOC:
What do you do?
Apr 10, 2018 8:01 pm
I think I underestimated Owens. I figured I’d have more than a few days in another country before he could step on my toes. But where there’s water, there's Owens.

I stand up and put the table behind me as I read the room and try to find the one in charge of this troop. I stare at him, try to intimidate him, down my whiskey in one smooth motion, and as I put the glass on the table, hidden by my body and say "Sorry fellas. I don't know where she is or who she is or where she's going or who she'll be. But if you'll excuse me, im actually down here to meet a man on jail. I'm sure you know what those visiting hours are like so I'll be going. Wish your boss Bad Luck for me and be sure to say hey to Owens for me when you say Gracias". Shaun tries to leave for the door.
Last edited April 10, 2018 8:02 pm
Apr 10, 2018 10:51 pm
OOC:
Give me an intimidate roll, if you don't have it roll 1d4-2 and roll 1d6-2 go with the higher roll.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Apr 11, 2018 3:14 am
1d6
( 3 ) = 3-2=1

1d4
( 2 ) = 2-2=0
Apr 11, 2018 1:15 pm
OOC:
Their 3 vs 1
The head guy looks at you trying to leave and scowls either due to a long day of travel or the fact that you had them running around al day your comment doesn't seem to affect him.

"How about we make sure you know the hospital visiting hours first." he explained.
OOC:
Dealing out initiative.

Deck Draws

Shaun and the 5 Malandros
Hidden Card Hidden Card
Apr 11, 2018 1:15 pm
OOC:
Their 3 vs 1
The head guy looks at you trying to leave and scowls either due to a long day of travel or the fact that you had them running around al day your comment doesn't seem to affect him.

"How about we make sure you know the hospital visiting hours first." he explained.
OOC:
Dealing out initiative. You go first, we'll go with they're close enough for you to move and hit one or two of them before they go... or you can just bail and take off. We can try combat or we can try a chase scene.

Deck Draws

Shaun and the 5 Malandros
10 of Clubs
5 of Diamonds
Apr 11, 2018 4:59 pm
OOC:
As a GM, you obviously had me roll intimidate because I said that is what I was trying to do. Would you have had me do that if Shaun didn't say he was trying to intimidate? Just trying to get a peek behind the curtain.
These guys are obviously pretty ornery and looking to tussle. That's fine with me... "Buddy, I'm not coming to visit you in the hospital..." I reach behind and grab the now empty tumbler and put it in front of me. I do my best to make sure they see it... And toss it into the air as a distraction as I bolt for the door. I may go looking for trouble, but I don't have a death wish.
OOC:
Going for that chase scene. Shaun is trying to mislead them into thinking he's going to attack to help him run.
Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm
OOC:
Not really, if it's a canned adventure it might possibly state giving the PCs options of things they can try but since my random adventures are more freeform if you opted to settle this with an *insert idea* then that's what the situation is.

Roll a d6 and well see how far you get on the way out. For running you'd move your pace of 6 plus whatever you roll on a d6 (run die does not ace). I figure you're going to just run and the rest is just flavor otherwise it'll be a 'Trick' (agility or smarts) attempt to distract the closest to you and moving which isn't as far.
Apr 11, 2018 7:29 pm
OOC:
Yeah. No trick. Just going for flavor.
I was always mediocre at football but now's the time to test it. I've got my head down and I'm going for the door...

Rolls

Strategic Retreat - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Apr 11, 2018 7:44 pm
You make it out between two of them and bolt for the door, the others caught off in the confusion. The two closest chase after you while the others scrambling to react. The two closest bump into each other only one making it out the door behind you everyone else still scrambling to catch up to just getting out the door. You realize if this was a movie there'd be chase music playing.
OOC:
Standard chase scene, which is 5 rounds, we'll roll Agility (PCs will also roll Wild die take the higher result) since we're on foot, the Target Number (TN) is 4 plus each increment of 4 above the TN is a raise and in this case an additional card. Approach You make it to the 5th round without being caught to escape, they'll be trying to catch up and stop you in five rounds. When cards are dealt a club is a complication or obstacle, otherwise you go in order Ace to two. Reverse alphabetical order for suit of the same value cards Jack of Spades goes before Jack of Hearts for example.

First round one guy is out the door and rolled to keep pace, if his card is high enough and he goes before you he gets a chance to attempt a swing on you to stop you possibly.

Rolls

M1 - (1d6)

(1) = 1

M2 - (1d6)

(6) = 6

M1 Chase attempt - (1d6, RA)

(62) = 8

Apr 11, 2018 8:46 pm
OOC:

Cool. Thanks for the explanation. My agility is d6, so I roll two of those and go with the highest right? So if my agility was a d4, I'd have to roll a 4 to be successful or does that target number scale?

Running
I may not be varsity but I'm good enough to at least get some daylight. Marathon's not over yet though, gotta try to keep going

Rolls

Running - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Wild - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Apr 12, 2018 10:26 am
OOC:
draws cards

Deck Draws

Mr T, surprising fast m1
3 of Diamonds
10 of Diamonds
Hidden Card
Apr 12, 2018 1:23 pm
You look back to see one of the men sprinting after you and you're a bit surprised how fast he is. He vainly reaches out although he's a good four strides behind you. The rest of the thugs managed to pile out the door finally after trying to exit at the same time.

Chase Map.

Thugs 2-5 > Thug 1 + Shaun.
OOC:
Edit Only 2 of the thugs are able to make any difference this round possibly.

Rolls

M1 Chasing - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

M2 Chasing - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

M3 Chasing - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

M4 Chasing - (1d6, RA)

(5) = 5

M5 Chasing - (1d6, RA)

(5) = 5

Apr 12, 2018 1:35 pm
I may have outpaced those other goons, but these Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum over here are pretty quick. My odds are better but still not in my favor. Maybe I can make it around this next corner, i'll put enough space between me and the other goons to start weedling them down...
OOC:
Shaun will keep running. This is round 2 of the chase, right?

Rolls

Run - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Wild - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Apr 12, 2018 2:51 pm
OOC:
Don't forget since this is an agility check dice ace so roll another d6 since you aced and check the far right box so it'll keep rolling for you.
Shaun notices his pursuer is slowing down a bit but two catch up to the two of you. You hear one swearing and hear a crash meaning he's down for now thankfully.
Apr 12, 2018 4:10 pm
OOC:
Got it. I thought you had said Run Die don't Ace, but that was probably just for movement right?
Sounds like one down, many more to go. Got to keep moving...

Rolls

Run - (1d6, RA)

(2) = 2

Wild - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Apr 12, 2018 4:44 pm
OOC:
This is an agility check but yes run dice don't ace (You're techinically running but mechanically you're rolling agility. 6+2 for 8.
You hear by the yells your one chaser slowing down but two catching up. One tries throwing something at you from a street vender. You see something purple fly close to you and duck out of the way. You're unsure if he just threw an egg plant at you.
OOC:
Combat situations during a chase are on p83 btw. You're up but for the most part you can run. If you stop to fight it'll drop out of a chase and go into full combat.

Rolls

Medium Range Throw (-2) - (1d6-2, RA)

(5) - 2 = 3

Deck Draws

Mr Tx2, M's two cards
9 of Hearts
5 of Hearts
6 of Spades
Queen of Hearts
Apr 12, 2018 5:30 pm
I'm far enough out now that I've been able to hin the herd a bit. And the wise man did say that if you run long enough, you just die tired. I would rather die a bit out of breath. So, I make my stand by turning around and trying to sucker punch these galloots. I don't need to escalate by pulling the Colts out...
OOC:
Shaun is going to stand and fight for a bit. Fist fight

Rolls

Punch the first guy - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Punch the second guy - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Apr 12, 2018 5:43 pm
OOC:
So a few things to keep in mind since I'm unsure you may know fully.

Ambidextrous puts you at -2 and -2 when doing two attacks versus -2 and -4 if you didn't have the Edge. To attack twice at no penalty you'd need Two Fisted + Ambidextrous.

Your punches currently would be -2 and -2 which misses. You also didn't roll your wild dies for those two but that also is at -2. Technically you can only attack the Malandros going on the 6 of Spades since he's lower in the chase because abstractly one is moving and reacting faster than you in the chase, the other is not.

Since we're dropping into combat init will be dealt after this round of the chase and it'll be 3 vs one and they will get a gangup bonus (up to +2 for now between the three of them)
Apr 12, 2018 7:40 pm
OOC:
Oh ok. Thanks for the explanation. I realized I had that penalty, so that's ok. So what do I need to do or roll? It seems like I need to roll agility again for chase for one more round?

Also, what does the area around us look like?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.