Gin Rickey in Caracas

load previous
Dec 20, 2018 1:58 pm
OOC:
My bad.
Shaun and friend find the director with several set workers loading ammo into clips and prepping charges. Meanwhile others are making camouflage and working on cameras and electronics equipment

"Ah good you're here. That crazy man has finally up and tried to raise the set. We're going to try and ambush the platoon behind the tank so there are less troops on it. If you could take care of the tank though we'd appreciate it." he explains sliding you several grenades, "If you can manage to get them inside that'd be the end of the tank... obviously we're going to try and film the whole thing from various angles... I mean we can't build or borrow a tank." he adds before leaning in.

"Also I think your friend might not be feeling well she thinks the dictator although ugly and crazy about aliens is in fact an alien... Keep an eye on her she may have been in the sun too long." he advises discreetly.
Dec 27, 2018 2:37 pm
OOC:
No worries. It's always crazy this time of year.
Shaun is more than a little surprised by the demand, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen this week. Come to Caracas they said. Break your friend out of jail they said. Blow up a tank. Get some sun. He grabs the grenades and puts them in secure places he can access. "Alright." He sighs "I'll do my best. Don't worry about her. She's fine. Just needs some rest. How do you suggest I get these in there? Also, do you have any heavy earth moving equipment? In the States we would call it a CAT or a bulldozer or something like that? Or a motorcycle?"
Last edited December 27, 2018 2:38 pm
Dec 28, 2018 12:26 pm
"Well in the movies you throw it down the hatch on top... granted I'd expect they'd have a way to stop just anyone from coming up and opening the hatch. You might have to get creative maybe knock. Not that much in the way of construction vehicles, we have a flatbed, a few cars, and a scooter... where's the scooter?" he explains before pointedly looking at you since you were the last person to have their scooter.
Dec 28, 2018 2:43 pm
"No scooter then. I had to ditch it on a side street while I was making a very messy escape. Let me say thank you for getting my friend out of there. I really appreciate you holding up your side of the deal." He stick his right hand out to shake. "I was trying to figure out how I could get to it in a timely manner. Or at least hidden. Other than running up to it..." He taos his foot and can practically feel the tank getting closer every second. "I have a plan and it's crazy enough to work. And you could get some spectacular footage. I'll ride the underside of the flatbed as it rides up to the tank. Hopefully, they wont fire on it because it's not attacking. Then I'll drop off when we get close and approach the tank on foot. I'll on top or throw a grenade through a slit. Then it will blow up. What do you think? I'll just need someone to drive the truck."

It's obvious to everyone that Shaun is clutching at straws here.
Jan 3, 2019 3:11 pm
"Ok, but watch out there's usually a squad of infantry or two with tanks so it's harder to blow them up." the director states leaving you to your own devices.

I think we can end it with a dramatic task. Narrate how you're trying to approach you'll get a series of rolls depending on what you narrate you're attempting and well see how it pans out. +1 Benny from Loyal, also figure out and mention something you and your friend are doing after this in your narrative for +1 Benny from Death Wish.
Jan 4, 2019 7:52 pm
OOC:
Whew. It's all coming down to this. Let's do it!
Shaun sighed one more time and mentally readied himself. He strapped the grenades to himself pretty securely with a bandoleer and went to speak to Paul while the director roped in a driver.

Paul, acting cavalier as usual, asked "So what’s the word? When do we get out of here?". Shaun grinned a little and said "I just have to drop off a package and we’ll be on the way" he hooked a thumb under the bandoleer and lifted it to indicate the grenades. "You stay here while I run this errand. I was thinking that after this, I could use a real vacation before going stateside. How about a stop off in Turks and Caicos on the way north?" Paul shrugged "Sounds good. It’ll be on me. I definitely owe you one." "So long as the stay isn’t in a prison or jail cell, I’ll take you up on it." With that, he turned and walked over to the director and another man.

Shaun tells them "So here’s the plan: You drive the truck, I’ll be in the bed in the back. I want you to drive in its direction but far enough away that it seems like we’re not coming to attack them, but running away. Then at the last minute, I want you to get me as close to them as possible. I’ll hop off and try to get on top of their tank and with my best accent, I’ll try to get them to open the hatch. Then I’ll drop the grenades in. If that doesn’t work, I’ll try to shove them under the tank treads or some other place. I’ll hop off before they explode and make my way back here. Then you guys can point me to the nearest steamer going north. Director, I guess you need to have your best cameramen shooting this footage because it will either be a dramatic assault on a tank or a snuff film." He shrugged "That’s all I’ve got. Hopefully, it works." He shook hands with both men, then loaded himself onto the truck. As he checked the grenades and his gun, he started day dreaming of white sand beaches and being fed strong rum drinks by scantily clad women, with his best bud on someone else's dime. If that’s not worth living or dying for, he didn’t know what was.
Jan 8, 2019 3:05 pm
Thougth about it for a few days.

Things start to look like they're go as planned when a few shots from a rifle have the truck swerving away a bit sooner than you would have liked. You have a chance to dive out from the truck bed as you're careening about (Give me an Agility check), making it the rest of the way through the infantry taken by surprise have your muscles burning (Give me a Strength check), climbing up is easy enough but you don't have a lot of time as the infantry are climbing up behind you as you scramble over the tank's dread, you would have preferred to sneak closer and remain hidden but that plan went up as soon as the driver became bullet shy. (Give me a Persuasion check) You bang on the tank hatch trying to get them to open faking an accent. If you succeed (Give me a Throwing check) before you jump off and hustle away (Give me a Vigor check).

Rolls

Trick Driving check - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Jan 24, 2019 4:31 am
OOC:
Sorry, didn't see this

Rolls

Agility - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Strength - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Persuasion - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Throw - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Vigor - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Wild Agility - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Wild Strength - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Wild Persuasion - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Wild Throw - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Wild Vigor - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Jan 25, 2019 3:05 pm
Shuan hears the sounds of bullets tinking off the truck and feels it's swerving too soon as he jumps feels like he's flung out the back through the infantry men that he runs though before they can stop him. Getting up on top and getting them to open the hatch surprisingly works making you worry about the military education and training system in this control for a second as you huck the bandolier of grenades down the hatch pulling on a cord you attached to all the pins. As they scramble to try and throw it out you try and duck and dodge gun fire as you attempt to jump off before the explosion but find yourself one step away when you feel a force behind you and immense heat. You vision spins as you see the ground the sky fire and carnage before your vision gets blurry.
OOC:
I'm going with one grenade of damage since it was contained mostly to inside... you're just taking grenade damage from the tank exploding from the outside.
You can hear your breathing and your head feels fuzzy. You noticed you're half sitting half laying down at an odd angle and a new pain registers on your body. You can get up though but you're not sure if you feel like you've had the worst hangover in your life or if you just got up from being hit by an exploding tank. It's somewhere in between. You see the infantrymen mostly just twitching for the ones with all their body parts attached. The turret on the tank is a few feet from the tank and it's not moving. The sounds of gunfire around you dies down after a few hours.
OOC:
What do you do... besides probably grimace a bit since you've acquired another wound, unsure if you're at -3 or -1 now. @ -3 you're still up just one away from passing out though.

Rolls

Boom - (3d6, RA)

(523) = 10

Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm
Shaun tamps down his horror and tries to rest through the battle. I did my part and I deserve a rest, he thinks to himself. As the gun fire dies, he makes his way back to the headquarters he left from. Hoping Crwyd, Paul and the director are still ok.
Mar 5, 2019 4:53 pm
OOC:
Been busy but also forgot about this thread
You manage to get back to the rest some look worse for wear bandaged up others are laying on the ground a cloth over their bodies.

In a daze everyone watches as a Jeep comes up through the battle field and eventually stops. Out hops a squat stumpy man in a military uniform with too many medals and flair on it to be actually someone from the military most likely, the man seems to have no neck and quite short legs. He bulging eyes survey the area as his pot belly body moves back and forth a bit.

"Give me the alien and I'll call off the missiles to be launched to this location." he states holding up a radio receiver.

Whispers of the dictator move through the rag tag conscious crowd. Even quieter whispers of him being just as ugly as the rumors sprout up as well.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.